Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jimbo thanks the drones
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
thekohser
He's back, and in recognizable form:

== Thank you ==

For obvious reasons, I won't be commenting publicly anytime soon about any of the recent gossip. I just wanted to put a note of thanks here for those who have supported me, and for those who have honestly questioned me. (Those who assume the worst and just attack me, well.... thanks I guess to you too for speaking your mind.)

Wikipedia is a remarkable and ever growing phenomenon. The values that brought us all together are real, and Wikipedia is real. Yes, we will have problems, and yes, I am just a man and not perfect. But I always have put my passionate heart into our work, and I will continue to do so. I believe in NPOV, and I believe that our processes are working to get things right in the long run. We are strong and getting stronger.

The Wikimedia Foundation is growing, becoming more professional, finally becoming able to execute on more than just simply continuing to keep the servers running. I am here standing beside you, as I always have been, a volunteer pouring myself into my work to make our dreams come true.--[[User:Jimbo Wales|Jimbo Wales]] ([[User talk:Jimbo Wales#top|talk]]) 10:47, 7 March 2008 (UTC)

"Gossip"? I call it "revelations".

"Wikipedia is real." Insightful!

"I believe in NPOV." Great, he believes in an oxymoron.

"...Get things right in the long run." With the length of those delays primarily governed by the WMF's and the Cabal's ability to obfuscate the truth.

"We are strong and getting stronger." Check back with us after your next fund-raiser.

"Standing beside you"? More like sneering at you. I remember this is the guy who "stood beside" the dozens of hours of effort that was pouring into the new WP:COI policy in August 2006, by responding with one e-mail -- "Absolutely unacceptable, sorry".

That was really pouring himself into his work. Lord knows, all of our dreams come true when Jimbo gets to work.
Jonny Cache
Really, Greg, ya gotta quit hanging out in toxic environments.

Too much buzzmess is bad for you, Baby.

Let's all take our meds and have a nice nap.

Jonny cool.gif
Milton Roe
QUOTE(thekohser @ Sat 8th March 2008, 5:51am) *

JIMBO "I believe in NPOV." Great, he believes in an oxymoron.

blink.gif The concept indeed may be oxymoronic, but there's worse to come: He has a definite and unshakable POV that attempting a NPOV is a good thing, and not a bad thing. This must be a meta-POV. It's a sort of a priori trancendental value in Wikipedia. huh.gif

You know, for a Randroid, there's something oddly Kantian about Jimbo. smile.gif

Robster

I believe in NPOV, and I believe that our processes are working to get things right in the long run. We are strong and getting stronger.

I believe that depends on your definition of "getting things right", now doesn't it? And if he actually believes that any major article on WP is WP:NPOV, he's a WP:IDIOT.

The Wikimedia Foundation is growing, becoming more professional, finally becoming able to execute on more than just simply continuing to keep the servers running.

American sports fans may recognize this joke: If I were asked my opinion on the execution of the WMF, I'd have to say I was for it.

Seriously -- there's no way in hell he believes this crap, is there? I'd have to agree with theKohser - he's laughing at the sheeple who drive the WP engine (and that includes his personal bodyguards on the project, who are too deluded or stubborn to realize just how much he's using them). I just hope the day comes that he feels so bulletproof that he gets caught publicly showing his disdain. That, in the end, may be the only thing the fries the Sole Flounder.
Disillusioned Lackey
....[to] those who assume the worst and just attack me, well.... thanks I guess to you too for speaking your mind.-[[User:Jimbo Wales|Jimbo Wales]] ([[User talk:Jimbo Wales#top|talk]]) 10:47, 7 March 2008 (UTC)
FORUM Image

YOU'RE WELCOME!
FORUM Image
Pumpkin Muffins
QUOTE(thekohser @ Sat 8th March 2008, 5:51am) *

"I believe in NPOV."

I'm afraid Jimbo has no standing to talk about NPOV.

When Jimbo talks about NPOV, all I can imagine is him in his sycophant-only admins irc chatroom, telling people "don't troll me now" about all those pesky references.
Jonny Cache
Oh Gawd Not Again (OGNA) …

Jimbo Swaggart confesses his sins (well, not exactly),
thows himself on the mercy of his φlock (well, not really),
and vows it will never happen again (okay, just kidding, φolks).

You'd think he coulda been a bit more creative,
with so many old scripts to read from.

Jonny cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.