Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Patrick Byrne audio interview
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
jorge
Just in case anyone missed it (in this thread), here's a very interesting interview with Patrick Byrne by Ashlee Vance for "The Register"- it's pretty long, about 1 1/2 hours. It gives a comprehensive coverage of Byrne's life, starting with some family background, his education at Stanford, Cambridge, his battles with cancer in his 20s, then moving on to business and his association with Warren Buffett, all the way to Overstock, Naked Shorting, and Wikipedia (oh, and Gary Weiss wink.gif )

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/10/sc..._patrick_byrne/

Can be downloaded in low quality mp3 here

medium quality mp3 here

Ogg Vorbis here

Itunes here

For a bit of balance, here's Gary Weiss' interview with Harold Channer
Count DeMonet
'balance' & 'Gary Weiss' in the same sentence?

Shurely shome mishtake? biggrin.gif
One
Oh, writerjudd.

Weiss' speech patterns really annoy me, and Harold Channer is not exactly clueful (as I listen, he's asking Weiss what the "social security trust fund" is invested in)--I don't wanna listen to the rest of this. Does Weiss say anything interesting?
jorge
QUOTE(One @ Mon 10th March 2008, 1:54pm) *

Oh, writerjudd.

Weiss' speech patterns really annoy me, and Harold Channer is not exactly clueful (as I listen, he's asking Weiss what the "social security trust fund" is invested in)--I don't wanna listen to the rest of this. Does Weiss say anything interesting?

No.
Unrepentant Vandal
I'll play that on a trading desk (staffed by people who may have passed SII exams but look at equities with contempt and almost make me look knowledgeable about settlement procedure) tomorrow. If I don't have to suffer any particular violence forcing me to turn it off I'll post their and my opinions. Incidentally my intuition is that paranoia will bring them on Byrne's side.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.