Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to get blocked by Mr Wales.
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Brutus
I'm not really notable here until I get banned by Jimmy Wales.

I'll use one of my socks, laugh.gif

I thought of posting profanities on his talk page, but that would result in a Admin banning my sock.

Any tips to on a how to get blocked by Jimmy?
Cobalt
QUOTE(Brutus @ Mon 10th March 2008, 9:47pm) *

I'm not really notable here until I get banned by Jimmy Wales.

I'll use one of my socks, laugh.gif

I thought of posting profanities on his talk page, but that would result in a Admin banning my sock.

Any tips to on a how to get blocked by Jimmy?

I'd wager you'd have to subtly annoy him over a period of time, or call him out on something in a way that he alone would be aware of. Or something like that, I'm kinda guessing.
The Joy
As theKohser would testify, just mention Wikipedia Review and you'll likely be blocked quickly. Given that Jimbo relies heavily on cronies to handle "trolls" on his talk page, there is no guarantee that he will ban you himself.
The Wales Hunter
Claim you are pregnant with his lovechild.

Or do this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=197390261
thekohser
I agree that it's very, very difficult nowadays to get personally blocked by Jimbo. He has so many sycophantic minions to do his dirty work, it's unlikely you'd get through the phalanx of stormtroopers to his Block Button.

But, if you're really looking to get the Jimbo block, I would spend some time on articles precious only to Jimbo -- Mzoli's Meats, BONZI Buddy, and maybe try to resurrect the article about Openserving. Be contentious, but only push the boundaries of good taste, without going over the line completely. Once you have gotten him red with anger, then you'll need to switch to politely-worded e-mails to him directly, underscoring your "right" to edit Wikipedia.

Only then might you be blocked by The Sole Flounder himself.
Piperdown
QUOTE(The Wales Hunter @ Tue 11th March 2008, 2:47am) *

Claim you are pregnant with his lovechild.

Or do this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=197390261

LOL !!! Whistable rules!

Yes, I travel all over the world. My favorite place to travel is in India.--[[User:Jimbo Wales]] 00:13, 11 March 2008 (UTC)
+
+
:May I recommend Varkala? It's gorgeous little town in India [[User:Whitstable]] 02:50, 11 March 2008 (UTC)

Current revision (02:56, 5 March 2008) (edit) (undo)
Whitstable (Talk | contribs)
(Quit over Gary Weiss gaming the system with socks)
Miltopia
Lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...mbo+Wales&page=

As of today's date, I'm still Jimbo's last permanent block!
everyking
Suggest an alternative approach to dealing with Amorrow. You don't have to do it on Wikipedia; you can do it here, too, provided your username is known.
Castle Rock
QUOTE(everyking @ Mon 10th March 2008, 9:35pm) *

Suggest an alternative approach to dealing with Amorrow. You don't have to do it on Wikipedia; you can do it here, too, provided your username is known.

Meh, I think Alison is doing a great job with that particular task, quietly blocking, reverting, and moving on. Much more effective than the 2006 era tactics of hysterics on the Administrator's Noticeboard, and people running around like headless chickens screaming to hide your daughters cuz Andrews back on the wiki.

Were you suggesting that he be allowed a single account that could be closely monitored? I don't think that would work very well, old habits die hard and all that.
everyking
QUOTE(Castle Rock @ Tue 11th March 2008, 6:19am) *

QUOTE(everyking @ Mon 10th March 2008, 9:35pm) *

Meh, I think Alison is doing a great job with that particular task, quietly blocking, reverting, and moving on. Much more effective than the 2006 era tactics of hysterics on the Administrator's Noticeboard, and people running around like headless chickens screaming to hide your daughters cuz Andrews back on the wiki.

Were you suggesting that he be allowed a single account that could be closely monitored? I don't think that would work very well, old habits die hard and all that.

I'm not saying Alison is doing anything wrong. I just know that the above is an excellent way to draw the kind of attention that the person here claims to want.
Miltopia
Yeah, but that'll get him blocked by someone else, not Jimbo.
D.A.F.
Send him an email via wikipedia you know will get you blocked. If another person block you it will mean that he shared the content..., he would not like others to know that. He'll then be forced to block you himself. But since you brought this here, he may just as well ignore you to not give you what you want.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.