Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jimmy Wales' talkpage locked.
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Zenwhat
Talkpage locked because of "trolling."

What a bizarre thing to do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=198481762

Look at the page history. I don't see anything to justify it.
Somey
Ehh? I'm seeing a bunch of page-blankings with the words "I suggest you leave Wikipedia immediately or something…unpleasant might happen to you" by AnonIPs on multiple ranges.

Something unpleasant might happen to him even if he doesn't leave Wikipedia immediately, of course. For example, his cat might accidentally urinate on his face while he's asleep, or someone might steal his car while he's on a big date with an attractive female right-wing media figure. His flashlight might suddenly stop working while he's investigating a possible burglar during the night. He might turn on his iPod only to find that the files on it have all been wiped by some "mysterious force."

Still, just to make sure Jimbo's completely safe, I agree with the AnonIP - he should leave Wikipedia immediately. In fact, he should have done it several years ago. Preferably before the site actually came into existence...
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Zenwhat @ Sun 16th March 2008, 1:58am) *

Zenwhat, "stop trolling," a message you got from JIMBO himself (skygod JMWH, damn where are my Hebrew characters when I need them?) is WP code to quit posting on JIMBO's Talk page and bothering him. Sorry if that wasn't clear. You gotta read between the lines if you want to survive in the baboon troop.

Pick different username. Start over. Ka-ching.

--Milt
Zenwhat
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sun 16th March 2008, 2:30am) *

QUOTE(Zenwhat @ Sun 16th March 2008, 1:58am) *

Zenwhat, "stop trolling," a message you got from JIMBO himself (skygod JMWH, damn where are my Hebrew characters when I need them?) is WP code to quit posting on JIMBO's Talk page and bothering him. Sorry if that wasn't clear. You gotta read between the lines if you want to survive in the baboon troop.

Pick different username. Start over. Ka-ching.

--Milt

I have some degree of integrity. If they block me indefinitely, I'm not going to come back. I'm not a loser who is going to waste my time creating multiple accounts on proxies, for the sake of an online pseudo-encyclopedia run by silly people, some of whom are going to end up in jail.
Somey
He could drop his egg-salad sandwich on the floor in such a way that the sandwich splits open and the egg salad side ends up face-down on the expensive carpet, causing a mess. If he were at, say, the home of a potential donor, that could be extra-embarrassing.
jorge
QUOTE(Somey @ Sun 16th March 2008, 2:40am) *

He could drop his egg-salad sandwich on the floor in such a way that the sandwich splits open and the egg salad side ends up face-down on the expensive carpet, causing a mess. If he were at, say, the home of a potential donor, that could be extra-embarrassing.

Nah, he has plenty of wiki-ophants who are probably prepared for that very eventuality.
The Joy
QUOTE(Zenwhat @ Sat 15th March 2008, 10:40pm) *

I have some degree of integrity. If they block me indefinitely, I'm not going to come back. I'm not a loser who is going to waste my time creating multiple accounts on proxies, for the sake of an online pseudo-encyclopedia run by silly people, some of whom are going to end up in jail.

Ah, the unspoken 6th Pillar of Wikipedia. Or at least it should be.
D.A.F.
Hehe. ''Unpleasant''. Nice word, almost as if he consulted a lawyer so that it is not considered as a threat. smile.gif

Somey
He could be attacked by a horde of angry fire ants while having a cookout in his backyard...?
Viridae
Protection reduced to semi - it was all ips.
AB
People could yell at him?

Oh, wait, people already do that.

He could get stuck with a bad biography
and not be able to fix it due to loss of
favour in the WP community?

QUOTE(Xidaf @ Sun 16th March 2008, 2:53am) *
Hehe. ''Unpleasant''. Nice word, almost as if he consulted a lawyer so that it is not considered as a threat. :)

Well, yeah, that's the problem, you can't really
tell if it's a threat or just a prediction. : /
Moulton
Things could get to be unpleasant if one displeases the gods.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.