Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Market for sockpuppets?
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Unrepentant Vandal
How much would 1000 completely virgin socks, all created in October or November be worth to you? Tempted to stick it on ebay.
One
QUOTE(Unrepentant Vandal @ Wed 19th March 2008, 5:27pm) *

How much would 1000 completely virgin socks, all created in October or November be worth to you? Tempted to stick it on ebay.

Are they all created with the same IP? If so, then very little.
Unrepentant Vandal
QUOTE(One @ Wed 19th March 2008, 5:38pm) *

Nope, about 6 per ip I believe (I didn't actually create them, I just have access to them). And in any case they're well beyond checkuser.
One
QUOTE(Unrepentant Vandal @ Wed 19th March 2008, 5:48pm) *

QUOTE(One @ Wed 19th March 2008, 5:38pm) *

Nope, about 6 per ip I believe (I didn't actually create them, I just have access to them). And in any case they're well beyond checkuser.
The account creation ip address is permanently logged, as I recall.
Milton Roe

How about 1000 completely virgin Wikipedia administrators? Oh, wait-- they exist but they're not for sale. They work for free, but are cranky. mad.gif

One
You're trying to pimp virgin admins, Milton?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.