Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Admin ChrisO vs. Jayjg tag-team
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Jayjg
gomi

Here is admin ChrisO calling out Jayjg for tag-teaming the AFD of an obscure article with a decidedly anti-Palestinian slant.

Particularly amusing is the line of commentary between the two culminating here with Jayjg's snippy reply:
Either I respond to all of your statements, or none. You don't get to decide which I can or cannot respond to. It's up to you.

Good for a laugh. As usual, Jay's tag-team looks to be the odds-on fave to win the dispute. Perhaps there is payback going on for a smack-down of one of Jay's whiney meatpuppets.
Kato
ChrisO writes to Jayjg:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=200398698
QUOTE(ChrisO)
:Using your mailing list again to round up !voters for this AfD? It's odd how the usual suspects all suddenly appear at once.

And of course he's right. Here we see Avi, IZAK and 6SJI7 come to Jayjg's rescue again. Jossi usually makes an appearance on these pages to back Jayjg up as well, regardless of how damaging the content is.

Jayjg and crew insist on creating, then keeping the most POV material possible as part of this horrendous endless campaign of theirs. The content is an insult to people who believed they were contributing to an "encyclopedia", and their shared activity is a disgrace that has completely debased the process for a long time.

The fact that numerous Arbitrations and Requests for Comment have failed to stop this is testament to the poverty of Wikipedia's dispute resolution procedures.
guy
So can Newyorkbrad and any other ArbCom members who read this please desysop and ban the whole collection as sockpuppets. They've done so on weaker evidence.
Moulton
Um, WP (and ArbCom) is not about Due Process.
gomi
Jayjg rides to the rescue of his favorite meatpuppet, IronDuke, threatening ChrisO if he doesn't desist.
Yehudi
Jayjg is a checkuser and former ArbCom member. How on earth can anyone accuse him of acting improperly?
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Kato @ Mon 24th March 2008, 6:35pm) *

ChrisO writes to Jayjg:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=200398698
QUOTE(ChrisO)
:Using your mailing list again to round up !voters for this AfD? It's odd how the usual suspects all suddenly appear at once.

And of course he's right. Here we see Avi, IZAK and 6SJI7 come to Jayjg's rescue again. Jossi usually makes an appearance on these pages to back Jayjg up as well, regardless of how damaging the content is.

Jayjg and crew insist on creating, then keeping the most POV material possible as part of this horrendous endless campaign of theirs. The content is an insult to people who believed they were contributing to an "encyclopedia", and their shared activity is a disgrace that has completely debased the process for a long time.

The fact that numerous Arbitrations and Requests for Comment have failed to stop this is testament to the poverty of Wikipedia's dispute resolution procedures.

The "poverty" of Wikipedia's dispute and resolution process results from the fact that it says it's not a democracy, while at the same time settling most things by voting. Requiring a supramajority, to be sure, but voting just the same. This democratic component, which WP will not admit, as per WP:NOT, causes them to be very upset with "canvassing," "sockpuppeting," and so on. Which are impossible to prevent, since they depend on anonymity (which is in turn the deathray of any democratic process). So they're pretty much stuck. With two conflicting components of their system, democracy and anonymity, neither of which they will deal with.

But note the colorful use of first, second and third person personal-pronoun guided terminology. It's sort of like "I am worldly, you are sexually experienced, she is a slut." Or "I am concerned for providing financial security for my family, you are acquisitive, he is a greed-head."

At Wikipedia it goes like this: "I have administrators who are friends. You have people who are supporters. He has meatpuppets and can't prove they aren't socks." Or "I use mailing list contacts effectively. You ask your supporters for help. He canvasses his meats to get what he wants."
Moulton
The most common thing that Wikipedians vote on is the Bill of Attainder.
Tarc
QUOTE(gomi @ Mon 24th March 2008, 5:41pm) *

Jayjg rides to the rescue of his favorite meatpuppet, IronDuke, threatening ChrisO if he doesn't desist.

Ahh, the battlecry for the "uninvolved admin"; his minions...especially Zeq, a true cancer upon the already-terminal wikipedia...use this one frequently. Those on the opposing fence from Jayjg can never never ever ever intervene in matters of Jays' minions, but of course the man himself can run roughshod over anyone he chooses to.

That place becomes more nauseating by the day, just felt like I finally had to hop on here to share.
Derktar
QUOTE(Tarc @ Tue 1st April 2008, 9:50am) *

Ahh, the battlecry for the "uninvolved admin"; his minions...especially Zeq, a true cancer upon the already-terminal wikipedia...use this one frequently. Those on the opposing fence from Jayjg can never never ever ever intervene in matters of Jays' minions, but of course the man himself can run roughshod over anyone he chooses to.

That place becomes more nauseating by the day, just felt like I finally had to hop on here to share.

A warm welcome then, Tarc.
Heat
QUOTE(Tarc @ Tue 1st April 2008, 4:50pm) *

And now we know what Zeq really meant by "uninvolved admin" biggrin.gif

So can we expect Jayjg to be as relentless in rooting out CAMERA sockpuppets as he has been in banning "enemies of Zion"?
Tarc
QUOTE(Heat @ Wed 23rd April 2008, 8:59pm) *

QUOTE(Tarc @ Tue 1st April 2008, 4:50pm) *

And now we know what Zeq really meant by "uninvolved admin" biggrin.gif

So can we expect Jayjg to be as relentless in rooting out CAMERA sockpuppets as he has been in banning "enemies of Zion"?

Heh, probably not. He hasn't stuck his nose into any of it, at least publicly.

Kindof surprising turn of events overall. When I first came to the wikipedia and first browsed around some Middle East related articles, I came across a talk page of one of them that mentioned this guy being banned from the article for a year. In my must-have-been-charming naivety, I wondered "its just an online encyclopedia, what on earth could someone do to get banned from a specific page?" That was my rude introduction to the partisan asshat that is known as "Zeq", whose asshattery is much larger than anyone ever imagined.

Seems like Jayjg was just a dupe for them though, no actual CAMERA involvement has been noted thus far.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.