Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All your articles are belong to us commercial organizations
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
thekohser
They are talking (and talking) about me and Wikipedia Review on the WikiEN-l list.

Start here, then just click...

Next message: [WikiEN-l] Deletions snapped up by commercial organizations to read along the thread.

They snipe at me a bit, but in the end, they pretty much get it right. Nice job, Wikipedians!

Greg
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 1st April 2008, 9:25pm) *

They are talking (and talking) about me and Wikipedia Review on the WikiEN-l list.

Start here, then just click…

Next message: [WikiEN-l] Deletions snapped up by commercial organizations to read along the thread.

They snipe at me a bit, but in the end, they pretty much get it right. Nice job, Wikipedians!

Greg

Uh, sorry, I don't have that much NoDoz® in the house — could you give us the slimmy, er, skinny on what they got right?

Jonny cool.gif
thekohser
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Tue 1st April 2008, 9:40pm) *

Uh, sorry, I don't have that much NoDoz® in the house — could you give us the slimmy, er, skinny on what they got right?

CRAZED WIKIPEDIOT: ZOMG! Some of our articles are being allowed to grow and get fairly decent, then they get deleted from Wikipedia, then some underhanded admin is spiriting the carcass off to this Wikipedia Review site. Somebody STOP this crime from happening!

REASONABLE WIKIPEDIANS: We may not like Wikipedia Review, but if they want our GFDL articles, I don't object to their transfer.

SEMI-CRAZED WIKIPEDIOT: But, you wouldn't do that if the article was deleted because of hate speech or defamation, would you?

REASONABLE WIKIPEDIANS: Wikipedia Review is a directory. We're not sending him hate speech or defamation.

Here ends the lesson.

rolleyes.gif
The Joy
I wonder if it would be legal and profitable for the Foundation to sell deleted articles to commercial organizations like Wikipedia Review?

Did I just hear Jimbo's eyes cha-ching with dollar signs?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.