Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Improved diff view
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
dogbiscuit
When diffing, there is a little button with a delta on below the diff and this gives you an "improved diff view".

This seems useful for untangling the large blocks where the old diff view gave up. It may have been there for a while, but I'd not noticed it before.
Viridae
Can't find it. SCreenshot?
dogbiscuit
QUOTE(Viridae @ Thu 3rd April 2008, 11:44am) *

Can't find it. SCreenshot?

Picasaweb shot

See the button at the bottom

Not very good at this image linking business, the board wants GIFs and Google doesn't support them, and don't get me started on Mac software usability.
Viridae
How odd. I tried the same diff as you were using and there was nothing.
thekohser
QUOTE(Viridae @ Thu 3rd April 2008, 8:40am) *

Could be a MSIE-only extension. We have this feature on Wikipedia Review (don't ask me how it got there -- I'm not a techie), but it doesn't show up in the Firefox browser. It does manifest itself in Explorer. And I don't know about Opera or Safari.

Greg
jorge
QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 3rd April 2008, 2:01pm) *

Could be a MSIE-only extension. We have this feature on Wikipedia Review (don't ask me how it got there -- I'm not a techie), but it doesn't show up in the Firefox browser. It does manifest itself in Explorer. And I don't know about Opera or Safari.

Greg

So it's activex?
No one of consequence
QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 3rd April 2008, 1:01pm) *

Greg

Is that one of the new gadgets? Your account preferences now have a tab for "gadgets" which are various javascript things. Try looking there. I have noticed that different javascript enhancements work differently or may not work at all depending on your OS and browser.
dogbiscuit
QUOTE(No one of consequence @ Thu 3rd April 2008, 2:17pm) *

QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 3rd April 2008, 1:01pm) *

Greg

Is that one of the new gadgets? Your account preferences now have a tab for "gadgets" which are various javascript things. Try looking there. I have noticed that different javascript enhancements work differently or may not work at all depending on your OS and browser.

Well, it is on Firefox on a Mac and I have got gadgets (though I don't think I use them).

...though it isn't anything I've ticked. I did tick WikEd but that doesn't work properly for me.
Random832
Mystery solved: User:Cacycle/wikEdDiff - It's probably coming in as part of the wikEd "package" that does work for you even if the editor itself doesn't, javascript can be odd like that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.