Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jimbo Presented at the FBI 2003 Computer Security Institute
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Disillusioned Lackey

FORUM Image
jorge
Not more Gaylords! laugh.gif
KStreetSlave
According to the FBI, Jimmy is chair of the board.

Also, I really don't think Durova is in the FBI. If she was, I'd have to take a little walk over to 935 Pennsylvania and see for myself.
jorge
QUOTE(KStreetSlave @ Sat 12th April 2008, 6:15pm) *

According to the FBI, Jimmy is chair of the board.

Also, I really don't think Durova is in the FBI. If she was, I'd have to take a little walk over to 935 Pennsylvania and see for myself.

Apparently, according to DL's sig, Durova (Lise Broer's) late uncle Agent Broer (killed in the twin towers attack) was a decorated FBI Agent and DL has found that this info has now been masked in Google?

According to DL's post here he has discovered that the FBI has been tracking posters on this board as a part of domestic counter terrorism....
Gold heart
QUOTE(jorge @ Sat 12th April 2008, 6:26pm) *

According to DL's post here he has discovered that the FBI has been tracking posters on this board as a part of domestic counter terrorism....

What's in that cigar Jorge? A transmitter! laugh.gif
BobbyBombastic
If I hadn't heard Durova on NotTheWikipediaWeekly before, I might actually buy into this "Durova is an FBI agent" stuff. However, Durova strikes me more as the condescending first grade school teacher type. "What are you boys laughing at? Behave yourselves!" That kind of thing.

Daniel Brandt
There was a pic of William Broer and three little paragraphs at clarksonalumni.com's magazine as of less than a year ago. It's used to be here. The entire magazine seems to be down now.

However, the text of that page is still at the Wayback Machine.

I've seen no evidence that Durova's uncle was an FBI agent, and no evidence that Durova is or was an FBI agent. Even if Durova was working for the FBI, I doubt that they'd be much interested in her Wikipedia adventures.
jorge
QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Sat 12th April 2008, 6:49pm) *

There was a pic of William Broer and three little paragraphs at clarksonalumni.com's magazine as of less than a year ago. It's used to be here. The entire magazine seems to be down now.

However, the text of that page is still at the Wayback Machine.

I've seen no evidence that Durova's uncle was an FBI agent, and no evidence that Durova is or was an FBI agent. Even if Durova was working for the FBI, I doubt that they'd be much interested in her Wikipedia adventures.

Well DL seems to have evidence that Broer was a decorated FBI agent. His pic still shows up on Live search but the Clarkson alumni page it was on has been deleted.
Disillusioned Lackey
I totally disagree.
cyofee
The fact that Wikipedia Review is still online proves you wrong.
jorge
QUOTE(cyofee @ Sat 12th April 2008, 8:04pm) *

But if they took it offline then people would really know something is up..
Somey
QUOTE(Disillusioned Lackey @ Sat 12th April 2008, 1:18pm) *
Sufice it to say this: The FBI et al. can permutate Google, and public records, at the drop of a hat.

I hope you meant "penetrate," not "permutate"... OTOH, the latter means "rearrange," and Google could probably stand a little of that I suppose.

Anyway, if anybody here is an FBI agent, it's probably me. I used to work next door to them, for 6 years. I had many lunches in the Department of Justice cafeteria, which at the time was the best in the entire Federal Triangle. I had at least two colleagues transfer to the FBI so as to make more money (not as agents, though, they were just paper-pushers).

The fact is, if the FBI were interested in Wikipedia Review, it would probably be in order to help us. Wikipedia is a huge threat to US domestic security and the confidentiality of government sources, data, what have you - it always has been. They even had to create a site called "WikiLeaks" to offload some of the more egregious stuff when Jimbo & Co. presumably agreed to "play ball" with them and take steps to curb that sort of thing.

If the FBI were ever to figure out who I am, the next thing I'd expect to get from the US Government would be a medal.
Moulton
To my mind, getting a medal from the US government would be a worse blight on my name than getting banned from Wikipedia.

Actually, getting banned from Wikipedia is probably a small badge of honor.
KStreetSlave
QUOTE(Somey @ Sat 12th April 2008, 3:24pm) *

QUOTE(Disillusioned Lackey @ Sat 12th April 2008, 1:18pm) *
Sufice it to say this: The FBI et al. can permutate Google, and public records, at the drop of a hat.

I hope you meant "penetrate," not "permutate"... OTOH, the latter means "rearrange," and Google could probably stand a little of that I suppose.

Anyway, if anybody here is an FBI agent, it's probably me. I used to work next door to them, for 6 years. I had many lunches in the Department of Justice cafeteria, which at the time was the best in the entire Federal Triangle. I had at least two colleagues transfer to the FBI so as to make more money (not as agents, though, they were just paper-pushers).

The fact is, if the FBI were interested in Wikipedia Review, it would probably be in order to help us. Wikipedia is a huge threat to US domestic security and the confidentiality of government sources, data, what have you - it always has been. They even had to create a site called "WikiLeaks" to offload some of the more egregious stuff when Jimbo & Co. presumably agreed to "play ball" with them and take steps to curb that sort of thing.

If the FBI were ever to figure out who I am, the next thing I'd expect to get from the US Government would be a medal.

I'm sure there's probably a photo of you somewhere at Elephant and Castle.
Proabivouac
QUOTE(KStreetSlave @ Sat 12th April 2008, 5:15pm) *

Also, I really don't think Durova is in the FBI.

Durova is not in the FBI.
guy
QUOTE(KStreetSlave @ Sun 13th April 2008, 12:32am) *

I'm sure there's probably a photo of you somewhere at Elephant and Castle.

What, here?
FORUM Image
KamrynMatika
I dread to ask but um.. what's your evidence?
Moulton
The evidence is only circumstantial.

The FBI is supposedly a bureau staffed by expert investigators.

Durova's investigative abilities are demonstrably amateurish.
Gold heart
QUOTE(Moulton @ Sun 13th April 2008, 3:07pm) *

The evidence is only circumstantial.

The FBI is supposedly a bureau staffed by expert investigators.

Durova's investigative abilities are demonstrably amateurish.

Agree, and please everyone stop attacking the FBI, we know that they have their problems, trials and tribulations,
like all big organisations do. But to say that Duvora is working for them is sinking to a new low, and the FBI don't
deserve this sort of humiliation.

Please, go easy on the FBI, they have enough probs !! blink.gif
Disillusioned Lackey
QUOTE(cyofee @ Sat 12th April 2008, 1:04pm) *

Now that's just silly. They like this site. They monitor it (probably) quite a bit.

Remember, these guys have been out tracking peace activists...
Count DeMonet
ph34r.gif

I knew something was going on the day I found this...

FORUM Image

"open channel D...."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.