Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slim: reverse default on BLP AfD's
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > SlimVirgin
Proabivouac
QUOTE(SlimVirgin)

I want to re-propose a simple solution to many of our BLP problems. This has been proposed several times before in different forms…

The proposal is to add the following to the section on AfD-based deletion:

'When the biography of a living person is submitted for deletion, whether at the request of the subject or not, the default presumption in favor of retention is reversed. That is, if there is no consensus to keep the BLP in the opinion of the closing admin, the article will be deleted.'

I believe we have a responsibility to do this, both to the project and to the people affected by it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=207067213

Actually, I'd say this should be true of all deletion debates, but with BLP's its particularly pressing.

I can't think of anything to do but back SlimVirgin here 100%…can you?
Moulton
It's a tiny perturbation in the right direction of motion.

But WP is gonna need to find a pair of Seven League Boots to go the distance.
Herschelkrustofsky
Do you suppose she got the idea by reading the "Doc Glasgow" thread here at the Review?
dogbiscuit
QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Mon 21st April 2008, 3:29pm) *

Do you suppose she got the idea by reading the "Doc Glasgow" thread here at the Review?

I think it has done the rounds now. Her motivation is likely to be that her paranoid self realises that buffoonic criteria that her fellow Wikipedians use to assert notability lead straight to the requirement that Linda Mack should have an article upon her based on her Wiki-based notoriety. She is therefore driven by self-interest - and nothing wrong with that, I say.
Kato
I think Slim was pushing this in the past.

Last Summer there was some progress in the BLP business on the part of Slim but the Linda Mack exposures sent her into exile.

Durova is another big pusher of BLP issues. To contrast, after her public exposure, Durova continued unabated and nominated Angela Beesley in quick response.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.