Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Insistence Of The Scar Letter (WP:TIOTSL)
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Jon Awbrey
It being De Rigueur Mortis of late to blame every importunity and inopportunity on The Wikipedia Review I have no choice but suspect the usual suspects and suspect that one among us is acting as the Agent Provocateur who pinned this scar-letter to my most tendered breast again to keep the flame of flaming pink flamingos alive for the vile incendiary purpose of burning down the Wikiputian Wiki-Palace.

Happily I know just the remedy for that, said Jon Swiftly.

Jon cool.gif
jorge
1st result on Google for "Jon Awbrey":

User:Jon Awbrey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"This account has been blocked indefinitely from editing Wikipedia.
(info: block log • contributions • deleted contributions • page moves • current autoblocks)"

2nd result

"Category:Wikipedia sockpuppets of Jon Awbrey - Wikipedia, the free ..."

So when are they going to hide this stuff from the search engines?
Jon Awbrey
Something tells me that I may need to stress my standing position on this subject:

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Sun 20th April 2008, 5:26pm) *

Just in case someone gets the wrong idea, let me make the following things clear:
  • I have not made any other person my agent to speak or act for me.
  • I have no intention of entering into any private negotiations or personal arrangements with any representatives of Wikipedia Management.
  • I am not asking Wikipedia Management for any personal favors, nor do I have any interest in cutting any private deals with agents of Wikipedia Management.
Experience has taught me that I need to say these things because Wikipediot agents have a persistent habit of pretending to hear you consent to things that you never consented to.

Jon Awbrey cool.gif

QUOTE(the fieryangel @ Sun 20th April 2008, 5:34pm) *

Of course not, Jonny. You were just a convenient example out of … maybe thousands … the problem is, they have to credit your name under the license, but they libel you because of the banning.

You can't have one without the other.

So, what do you do???

What happens in the real world is that sometimes you have to leave things out because you don't have the rights to use them. In this case, the only real solution is to take all of Jon Awbrey's contributions and all references (in any form, negative or positive) out of of Wikipedia.

There is no other legal solution.

And this could be extended to anyone whose real name is cited on Wikipedia. Or anyone who wishes that their contributions be taken out of the system.

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Sun 20th April 2008, 5:44pm) *

Good, as long as everyone understands that.

That is why I keep asking the question:

What would a Responsible Concern, Firm, Institution, or Organization in the Real World do in such a case?

Jon cool.gif

tarantino
QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Sat 3rd May 2008, 2:36pm) *

It being De Rigueur Mortis of late to blame every importunity and inopportunity on The Wikipedia Review I have no choice but suspect the usual suspects and suspect that one among us is acting as the Agent Provocateur who pinned this scar-letter on my most tendered breast again to keep the flame of flaming pink flamingos alive for the vile incendiary purpose of burning down the Wikiputian Wiki-Palace.

Jon cool.gif

That, of course, would be WR's own Dissident, known on the hive as Anonymous Dissident,

enwiki Anonymous Dissident ‎(Administrator)
meta Anonymous Dissident ‎(Bureaucrat, Sysop)
commons Anonymous Dissident ‎(Sysop)
MediaWiki Anonymous Dissident ‎(Sysop)
species Anonymous Dissident ‎(Bureaucrat, Sysop)
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(tarantino @ Sat 3rd May 2008, 11:35am) *

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Sat 3rd May 2008, 2:36pm) *

It being De Rigueur Mortis of late to blame every importunity and inopportunity on The Wikipedia Review I have no choice but suspect the usual suspects and suspect that one among us is acting as the Agent Provocateur who pinned this scar-letter to my most tendered breast again to keep the flame of flaming pink flamingos alive for the vile incendiary purpose of burning down the Wikiputian Wiki-Palace.

Jon cool.gif

That, of course, would be WR's own Dissident, known on the hive as Anonymous Dissident …

He don't know me vewwy well, do he?

Jon cool.gif
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Somey @ Sat 3rd May 2008, 3:59pm) *

You'd think the other, more sensible, minors-who-are-admins on WP would put a stop to this, in order to help prevent the spread of "ageism" on the interwebs.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Yes, if they were far-seeing and sensible, they would indeed. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Jon Awbrey
Lar flipped it bak already —

I will of course not express my will either way, as that will only confuse 'em.

And conveying any grats to Lar would of course only place him in dire Wiki-Peril.

So Screw You, Lar, You SOB, I Want My Red Badger, or Wolverine, or Whatever Bak!

There, that oughta get him a Bart* or two.

But just so this isn't AllAboutMe, as much as I wub dat, I would like to draw some generic points out of this ongoing specious mess.

Maybe after I warm up that left-over ½ pizza and have it for lunch …

Jon cool.gif
Lar
QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Sat 3rd May 2008, 12:18pm) *

Lar flipped it bak already —

I will of course not express my will either way, as that will only confuse 'em.

And conveying any grats to Lar would of course only place him in dire Wiki-Peril.

So Screw You, Lar, You SOB, I Want My Red Badger, or Wolverine, or Whatever Bak!

There, that oughta get him a Bart* or two.

But just so this isn't AllAboutMe, as much as I wub dat, I would like to draw some generic points out of this ongoing specious mess.

Maybe after I warm up that left-over ½ pizza and have it for lunch …

Jon cool.gif

I don't really give a RA(1) what you wanted in this matter one way or the other... I just put things back to how they came to rest after some considerable discussion, edit warring, etc. I raised the matter with AD and I don't think he did it to be malicious, but rather just because it was a non standard page and it violated his Sense of Order™.

As for red badges/wolverines, etc... you're aMaize-ing, sometimes. smile.gif And yes, I I bet you hate Ohio State.

1 - one Rats Ass is the standard unit of non-caringness, it's, I believe, equivalent to approximately .2 DGAF or 3 Rats Patooties. metric and imperial fans will have to do the appropriate conversion
Jon Awbrey
Did someone just delete a couple of posts from this thread?

I remember 1 by DB and 1 that I just wrote at minimum.

Jon cool.gif
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Sat 3rd May 2008, 2:24pm) *

Jon cool.gif

Yes, I removed two in past few minutes but not yours, Jon. People should please review provisional posting rules.
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Sat 3rd May 2008, 5:02pm) *

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Sat 3rd May 2008, 2:24pm) *

Jon cool.gif

Yes, I removed two in past few minutes but not yours, Jon. People should please review provisional posting rules.

Well someone removed one by me that I'm sure violated no rules.

Jon cool.gif

I found a copy in my FireFox Cache. I will post that. Please PM me first if there's an issue with it.

Jon cool.gif
Jon Awbrey
¤ burp ¤

Where was I ???

Who cares ???

It is only recently that I have begun to realize just how differently I see the world from what may well be the lion's share of The Wikipedia Review membership, and I don't mean just the Wiki-Proselytizers who come here in seasonal missionary waves to save the souls of Underarm Deodorant Deprived Savages from a fate far worse than having a brain, to wit, or not, never to see the True Face Of The Fly Lord In All Its Mosaic Splinter (WP:TFOTFLIAIMS). No, the other kind of mosaic.

And of course I excuse the Moderators and Staff, whom I know are duty bound to affect equanimity — that being all part and parcel of our sekrit sinsister scheme to Deconvert the Wannabe Converters.

No, it's the rest of you that I am beginning to worry about.

But it's Saturday, and I must vacate my frontal lobes …

Jon cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.