Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weiss, WP, Byrne, Bagley, & The Rest of The Story...
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Gary Weiss and his cavalcade of socks
Piperdown
http://www.deepcapture.com/

Brilliant writing from Mitchell, who started on this story at the Columbia Journalism Review, ironically, as the most shocking aspect of this story is the corruption of journalism. Most people know that Wall St's always been corrupt, but few realise how chummy the so-called "journalists" that feed incestuously off wall street crookery are.

This is long, and if you've had any interest in the WP Wordbomb-Virgin-Mantan wars, is well worth the read.
Moulton
Wow. A 40,000-word story by a former editor of the Columbia Journalism Review?

The mind boggles.
Somey
And even they don't seem to want to mention WR directly... as usual, giving Daniel Brandt credit for everything! Daniel's probably right - these journos just don't want to deal with people who aren't using their real names.

Also, I'm not seeing any Google results on the name "Edwin Boiller." You'd think there would be, if he'd been accused of "supplying" the Lockerbie suitcase bomb...? There's a Wikipedia article on Tony_Gauci, who allegedly sold the clothes in which the bomb was "wrapped" within the suitcase, but I see no mention of anyone named "Boiller" anywhere.

They misspelled the name "Edwin Bollier" as "Edwin Boiller," and as it turns out, Edwin_Bollier is indeed the subject of a Wikipedia "biography."
Piperdown
I think #3 looks more like a Mad Magazine cartoon character than Mantan Moreland..

FORUM Image
tarantino
QUOTE(Moulton @ Sun 4th May 2008, 7:55pm) *

Wow. A 40,000-word story by an editor of the Columbia Journalism Review?

The mind boggles.

Correction, he's a former editor of the Columbia Journalism Review. He wrote the story for and is probably employed by the Utah journalism entity Deepcapture LLC, who also employs two members of this forum.
Moulton
Can someone say more about what DeepCapture is?
Daniel Brandt
Spielberg is planning to make a movie about Lockerbie.

Nominations are open for the role of disinformation agent Linda Mack.

I nominate Alias star Jennifer Garner.

FORUM Image
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Sun 4th May 2008, 6:24pm) *

Spielberg is planning to make a movie about Lockerbie.

FORUM Image

I nominate Dana Carvey.

He can hold his own ← bad bad pun — in young and old lady drag and he can do the Superior Dance as the Church Lady.

Sounds like SlimVirgin to me.

Jon cool.gif
Herschelkrustofsky
QUOTE(Piperdown @ Sun 4th May 2008, 1:16pm) *

I think #3 looks more like a Mad Magazine cartoon character than Mantan Moreland..
You hit the nail right on the head. Don Martin.

FORUM Image

QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Sun 4th May 2008, 3:24pm) *

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Sun 4th May 2008, 3:40pm) *

I nominate Dana Carvey.

Both good suggestions. Christina Ricci would have been great when she was younger: FORUM Image
Somey
C'mon, you guys... this is SlimVirgin we're talkin' about! Slimmy! Have a little respect, okay? She's supposed to be what, 24 when all this is happening? At the very least, you've got to figure that Spielberg is going to want someone like Miley Cyrus for a role like that.

FORUM Image

Piperdown
QUOTE(tarantino @ Sun 4th May 2008, 8:58pm) *

QUOTE(Moulton @ Sun 4th May 2008, 7:55pm) *

Wow. A 40,000-word story by an editor of the Columbia Journalism Review?

The mind boggles.

Correction, he's a former editor of the Columbia Journalism Review. He wrote the story for and is probably employed by the Utah journalism entity Deepcapture LLC, who also employs two members of this forum.

really? care to share, saint quentin?

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Mon 5th May 2008, 2:28am) *

QUOTE(Piperdown @ Sun 4th May 2008, 1:16pm) *

You hit the nail right on the head. Don Martin.

FORUM Image

that's it!!!

I've been googling for some Don Martin cartoons that look exactly like GW Frames 3 and 5. I swear, out there somewhere in a long ago Mad Magazine, is one of his characters that look exactly like that, but no luck yet.

You're good, Wordbomb, you're very very good....
Piperdown
Today, Gary has put in writing on the 'nets that Mark Mitchell is "looney".

Wonder what that makes Gary. Time to recalibrate the journalist scales.
Moulton
Arenn't these guys a little too old to be playing Middle School Games of Narcissistic Wounding?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.