Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: User:Redvers verbally attacking us
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
dogbiscuit
I have a large complaint against User:Redvers. He/she has verbally attacked/humiliated me at this website. I take great offense to being called a "sociopath." That, I take, to be a direct attack against me. I want something done. Dogbiscuit (talk) 19:24, 4 May 2008 (UTC)

blink.gif
Somey
Yeah, Redvers is the worst! I don't even think he likes kittens or puppies, either!
tarantino
I have it on good authority that Redvers' mother was a hamster and his father reeked of elderberries.
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Sun 4th May 2008, 7:02pm) *

I have a large complaint against User:Redvers. He/she has verbally attacked/humiliated me at this website. I take great offense to being called a "sociopath". That, I take, to be a direct attack against me. I want something done. Dogbiscuit (talk) 19:24, 4 May 2008 (UTC)

blink.gif

Don't Worry, Be Happy (WR:DWBH), when Wikipedia finally gets around to implementing — any day now — its No Index Finger (WP:NIF) policy on offarticle pages, people will no longer be able to point at you and call you BADNAMES. WikiΦalangewise, that's 1 down, 4 to go, if you count the thumb, which may be in dispute, I dunno.

Jon cool.gif
wikiwhistle
QUOTE(tarantino @ Mon 5th May 2008, 12:25am) *

I have it on good authority that Redvers' mother was a hamster and his father reeked of elderberries.

Not so- his mother was a chinchilla and his father reeked of lust for chinchillas. He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty son-of-a-chinchilla smile.gif
KamrynMatika
I'm hurt sad.gif
wikiwhistle
QUOTE(KamrynMatika @ Mon 5th May 2008, 12:56am) *

I'm hurt sad.gif

Why? Are you him, Redvers? Or do you want a thread lol? smile.gif You know you have to bemoan your lack of one on ANI to get one- or maybe I shouldn't suggest that smile.gif
Gold heart

to being called a "sociopath." by Wikiediots
blink.gif

Typical "cult-talk", everyone on the outside is "sociopath." . Everyone on the inside is "with it".

Very dangerous freaky place that Wikipedia!! huh.gif ohmy.gif
KamrynMatika
QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Mon 5th May 2008, 1:02am) *

QUOTE(KamrynMatika @ Mon 5th May 2008, 12:56am) *

I'm hurt sad.gif

Why? Are you him, Redvers? Or do you want a thread lol? smile.gif You know you have to bemoan your lack of one on ANI to get one- or maybe I shouldn't suggest that smile.gif

He called me a sociopath! tongue.gif
wikiwhistle
QUOTE(KamrynMatika @ Mon 5th May 2008, 1:04am) *

Lol, maybe we should go to his talk page and warn him for personal attacks on us. biggrin.gif
Robster
I've been called a sociopath by a better class of idiot than Redvers, so I'm not hurt.

Actually, I aspire to be named specifically as a sociopath by someone on WP. Then I'll know I've arrived. laugh.gif
Somey
QUOTE(KamrynMatika @ Sun 4th May 2008, 7:04pm) *

Well now, let's be fair about this: He actually wrote, "I don't believe any of the sociopaths there [on WR] have ever mentioned me." So he couldn't have been referring to you, Kamryn, because you're the one person here who did mention him.

Also, technically, this suggests that he might have been mentioned by non-sociopaths, but hadn't really checked - the implication being that this might not have concerned him to quite the same extent.

Moreover, User:Undead_warrior's comment that my earlier assessment of his schoolmate-worthiness "is even from the site from another user," implies that I am, in fact, a Wikipedia user, which is not the case. Also, he refers to "evil things" that were posted against him, when in fact, the worst thing that was said about him was that he's among the general class of 'seventh grade admin wannabes who revert established editors and cite "vandalism" and "WP:SNOW" as their reasons.' That's hardly what I'd call "evil," or even close.

Finally, User:Iridescent writes, "If you can think of a solution to them [Wikipedia Review], we'd love to hear it." As we've stated many times, if Wikipedia were to suddenly impose a BLP "dead tree" opt-out policy, non-voluntary administrator recall, flagged revisions, and allow the hiding of specific pages from non-logged-in users, search engines, scrapers, or all three, Wikipedia Review would probably become completely derelict within 6 months, and quite possibly disappear completely within two years.

Did I miss any of our other demands, btw? I forgot where we put the list...
wikiwhistle
QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 5th May 2008, 1:19am) *

Also, (undead w.) refers to "evil things" that were posted against him, when in fact, the worst thing that was said about him was that he's among the general class of 'seventh grade admin wannabes who revert established editors and cite "vandalism" and "WP:SNOW" as their reasons.' That's hardly what I'd call "evil," or even close.

He's calling it "defamation" biggrin.gif
Robster
QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Sun 4th May 2008, 8:26pm) *

QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 5th May 2008, 1:19am) *

Also, (undead w.) refers to "evil things" that were posted against him, when in fact, the worst thing that was said about him was that he's among the general class of 'seventh grade admin wannabes who revert established editors and cite "vandalism" and "WP:SNOW" as their reasons.' That's hardly what I'd call "evil," or even close.

He's calling it "defamation" biggrin.gif

I'd call it "accurate". He says toe-may-toe, I say toe-mah-toe, let's call the whole thing off.
Moulton
If I am not mistaken, Sociopathy is a Cluster B Personality Disorder.

I wonder if the individual who made that diagnosis is qualified to do so, and authorized to publish his analysis and conclusions regarding the specific individuals here he has in mind.
Gold heart
QUOTE(Moulton @ Mon 5th May 2008, 2:29am) *

I wonder if the individual who made that diagnosis is qualified to do so, and authorized to publish his analysis and conclusions regarding the specific individuals here he has in mind.

Of course he is. Doesn't he work, slave, for Wikipedia.

Everyone at Wikipedia is an authority in everything, especially sociopathy.

I thought everyone knew that! ohmy.gif cool.gif
KamrynMatika
QUOTE(Gold heart @ Mon 5th May 2008, 2:51am) *

QUOTE(Moulton @ Mon 5th May 2008, 2:29am) *

Of course he is. Doesn't he work, slave, for Wikipedia.

Everyone at Wikipedia is an authority in everything, especially sociopathy.

I thought everyone knew that! ohmy.gif cool.gif

He is probably a tenured professor of psychology at a private university tongue.gif
dtobias
QUOTE(Somey @ Sun 4th May 2008, 7:05pm) *

Yeah, Redvers is the worst! I don't even think he likes kittens or puppies, either!

He has to call a spayed a spayed (or neutered)...
JohnA
I was going to add my own foul pun, but Dan Tobias managed to find the bottom of the barrel first rolleyes.gif
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Sun 4th May 2008, 7:38pm) *

QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Sun 4th May 2008, 7:02pm) *

I have a large complaint against User:Redvers. He/she has verbally attacked/humiliated me at this website. I take great offense to being called a "sociopath". That, I take, to be a direct attack against me. I want something done. Dogbiscuit (talk) 19:24, 4 May 2008 (UTC)

blink.gif

Don't Worry, Be Happy (WR:DWBH), when Wikipedia finally gets around to implementing — any day now — its No Index Finger (WP:NIF) policy on offarticle pages, people will no longer be able to point at you and call you BADNAMES. WikiΦalangewise, that's 1 down, 4 to go, if you count the thumb, which may be in dispute, I dunno.

Jon cool.gif

Here I went and carefully crafted this just to give Joe the easy set-up — and now I find he's been banned already …

Gimme a sec, I'll see if I can find his old signature graffito …

Jon cool.gif
Viridae
Just a warning undead rose - you don't have the status on wikipedia to continue like you are. If you want to stay there pull your head in a bit.
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(Viridae @ Mon 5th May 2008, 8:46am) *

Just a warning undead rose — you don't have the status on wikipedia to continue like you are. If you want to stay there pull your head in a bit.

'Cuz y'know …

Wikipedia —

It's All The Non-Elitism You Can Stomach …

And Status Too!

Jon cool.gif
LessHorrid vanU

Just by happy you haven't been called a cycle path by Guy.
wikiwhistle
QUOTE(LessHorrid vanU @ Mon 5th May 2008, 10:36pm) *

Just by happy you haven't been called a cycle path by Guy.

We are all cycle paths to guy (JzG), to be run over at will. He just doesn't call people that outright, but calls people other things lol
smile.gif

P.S. You are good at puns smile.gif
Complete
QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Sun 4th May 2008, 11:02pm) *

I have a large complaint against User:Redvers. He/she has verbally attacked/humiliated me at this website. I take great offense to being called a "sociopath." That, I take, to be a direct attack against me. I want something done. Dogbiscuit (talk) 19:24, 4 May 2008 (UTC)

blink.gif

Wikipedia administrators are predominantly rude and sociopaths themselves. People complain about bad customer service with companies. However, by and large, companies try to have some polite templates. Not Wikipedia.

Some say that it's because WP is full of young people who lack social grace and who don't have enough life experience.

Often in dictatorships, it's the Hitler Youths that sadistically torture people and kick them. So the use of youth is not new.

So don't feel bad if you have been mistreated by WP. Just stop editing.

Some say start vandalizing, some say vandalize secretly (add wrong information or bad grammar). I say just stay away from WP or just goof off their with silly articles. If you want to get recognition, there is Yahoo answers, Citizendium, and many technically minded message boards.
dogbiscuit
QUOTE(Complete @ Mon 5th May 2008, 11:21pm) *

QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Sun 4th May 2008, 11:02pm) *

blink.gif

So don't feel bad if you have been mistreated by WP. Just stop editing.

You'll get in the swing of Review satire eventually, but thanks for the kind thoughts anyhow. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.