Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DGAF challenge
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
wikiwhistle
Sorry if this is a bit long. As it is adapted from the AGF challenge of wikipedia user Fill, it ended up about the same length. Hope you enjoy it.

http://wikiwhistleblower.blogspot.com/
Moulton
In view of the impending admission of minors here, we are obliged to changed WP:DGAF to WP:DGAD. Jonny's version, of course, will be called WP:EGAD.
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(Moulton @ Mon 5th May 2008, 9:03am) *

In view of the impending admission of minors here, we are obliged to changed WP:DGAF to WP:DGAD. Jonny's version, of course, will be called WP:EGAD.

No, Ω∂

Jon cool.gif
wikiwhistle
QUOTE(Moulton @ Mon 5th May 2008, 2:03pm) *

In view of the impending admission of minors here, we are obliged to changed WP:DGAF to WP:DGAD.

Do you mean, don't give a d*mn? That's worse to me, I had a nan who was a Catholic convert. I still am disturbed by the glib use of the word d*mn- it's one of my few semantic hangups. Do people care not for their immortal souls? smile.gif

Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Mon 5th May 2008, 9:32am) *

QUOTE(Moulton @ Mon 5th May 2008, 2:03pm) *

In view of the impending admission of minors here, we are obliged to changed WP:DGAF to WP:DGAD.

Do you mean, don't give a d*mn? That's worse to me, I had a nan who was a Catholic convert. I still am disturbed by the glib use of the word d*mn — it's one of my few semantic hangups. Do people care not for their immortal souls? smile.gif

And why would it endanger your immortal soul to say that you do not damn the thing in question?

Jon cool.gif
wikiwhistle
QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Mon 5th May 2008, 2:36pm) *

And why would it endanger your immortal soul to say that you do not damn the thing in question?

Jon cool.gif

You do not give a d*mn for- it is an oath, mentioning a subject which should not be mentioned lightly and in vain. Damnation is no laughing matter biggrin.gif It's a good job she sneaked me plenty of sweets to make up for this indoctrination lol
Kato
QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Mon 5th May 2008, 1:40pm) *

Sorry if this is a bit long. As it is adapted from the AGF challenge of wikipedia user Fill, it ended up about the same length. Hope you enjoy it.

http://wikiwhistleblower.blogspot.com/

The blog writes
QUOTE(Blog)

Set in the neglected, socially excluded estate of Scabesville
in the Black County

Shouldn't that be Black Country?
wikiwhistle
sorry lol it was full of typos- thanks for that one I'll fix it. I was knackered that day but wanted to write it, so I wrote it anyway.smile.gif
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Mon 5th May 2008, 9:42am) *

Jon cool.gif

You do not give a d*mn for — it is an oath, mentioning a subject which should not be mentioned lightly and in vain. Damnation is no laughing matter biggrin.gif It's a good job she sneaked me plenty of sweets to make up for this indoctrination lol

You are confused.

To say "I damn X" is to say I condemn X. So what?

To say "May God Damn X" is an oath that invokes Divinity to the cause of Vanity.

To say "I do not give a damn about X" is neither here nor there.

Jon cool.gif
wikiwhistle
QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Mon 5th May 2008, 2:54pm) *

QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Mon 5th May 2008, 9:42am) *

Jon cool.gif

You do not give a d*mn for — it is an oath, mentioning a subject which should not be mentioned lightly and in vain. Damnation is no laughing matter biggrin.gif It's a good job she sneaked me plenty of sweets to make up for this indoctrination lol

You are confused.

To say "I damn X" is to say I condemn X. So what?

To say "May God Damn X" is an oath that invokes Divinity to the cause of Vanity.

To say "I do not give a damn about X" is neither here nor there.

Jon cool.gif

I suppose so but usually the word "damn" implies a shortened reference to damnation, rather than just meaning condemnation. Arguably, we are not in a position to damn, only god can damn, so no-one should say that they damn anything. biggrin.gif

Oh I don't know lol it was just a thing that I have about the word, I admit it's daft as I don't even have a religious faith.
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Mon 5th May 2008, 10:01am) *

I suppose so but usually the word "damn" implies a shortened reference to damnation, rather than just meaning condemnation. Arguably, we are not in a position to damn, only god can damn, so no-one should say that they damn anything. biggrin.gif

Oh I don't know lol it was just a thing that I have about the word, I admit it's daft as I don't even have a religious faith.

Sounds like you need a vacation.

Jon cool.gif
Moulton
QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Mon 5th May 2008, 9:10am) *
No, Ω∂

Omegad!
wikiwhistle
QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Mon 5th May 2008, 3:18pm) *

Lol sounds good. smile.gif

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Mon 5th May 2008, 9:10am) *
No, Ω∂

As in Waaa, the cry of one tortured by wiki?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.