Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pot / Kettle / Black
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
thekohser
I'd like this to be a thread where we can post examples of the pot calling the kettle black.

Here's one.

It's worth pointing out, Jim, that SqueakBox goes [http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showtopic=17989&st=20 running to the Wikipedia Review] to keep them up to date with play-by-play action of his moves. --<font color="#0000C0">David</font> '''[[User:David Shankbone|<font color="#0000C0">Shankbone</font>]]''' 03:07, 12 May 2008 (UTC)

(Shankbone to Jimbo Wales)
Herschelkrustofsky
This one is a beaut. The whole talk page is good:

My entry suffers from being used as a toilet by my political critics. I am tired of it. -- Chip Berlet, complaining that his critics are using Wikipedia to vilify their political opponents
SqueakBox
QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 12th May 2008, 3:29am) *

I'd like this to be a thread where we can post examples of the pot calling the kettle black.

Here's one.

It's worth pointing out, Jim, that SqueakBox goes [http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showtopic=17989&st=20 running to the Wikipedia Review] to keep them up to date with play-by-play action of his moves. --<font color="#0000C0">David</font> '''[[User:David Shankbone|<font color="#0000C0">Shankbone</font>]]''' 03:07, 12 May 2008 (UTC)

(Shankbone to Jimbo Wales)

Tut, tui, Shankbone linking to a BAD SITE again
Kato
This from FeloniousMonk is one of the best you'll find.

Pretty much everything in it applies to Monk himself rather than the target editor. And provably so:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...r:FeloniousMonk

QUOTE(FeloniousMonk)

Editor Y has engaged in a long-running pattern of harassment of editors he dislikes designed to drive them away from Wikipedia, or at least to make them feel very uncomfortable and weaken whatever esteem the community holds for them and thus render them unable to oppose him. This pattern of harassment includes wikistalking by inserting himself into content and other disputes his marks were involved in but he was not, and targeted personal attacks meant to fan the flames at these minor disputes to turn them into larger imbroglios, and recruiting others to join in.

His focus on editors he dislikes is sustained, obsessive and aggressive and has had the effect of threatening or intimidating not only his intended targets, but also has had a chilling effect community as a whole. Editor Y's use of RFC, when viewed outside of context may appear to be reasonable and expected attempts at dispute resolution. But when viewed in the context of his long-running harassment, his use of RFC is clearly meant to be an extension of his pattern of harassment. Going beyond the simple use of non-neutral tone, his descriptions of conflicts in RFC are wholly biased against their subject. Instead of resolving disputes his RFCs have perpetuated them through polarizing and divisive rhetoric, resulting in a bunker mentality in those who are targeted while fanning whatever flames in others that suit his ends and are handy in the community.
Jacina
Except that FM goes running to arbcom each time? or at least this time
Moulton
I find FeloniousMonk an utterly fascinating character.

Not only does he file allegations and evidence that suggests he was standing in front of a mirror when he crafted it, he also forms the most astonishing original theories and analyses. I am eager to obtain the scientific peer reviews for his latest journal article. He doesn't say where he proposes to submit it, but I was thinking Transactions of Narcissistic Wounding would be a good choice.
KamrynMatika
Oppose. Has a record of corruption — an unacceptable trait for anyone here, let alone an admin. Crum375 (talk) 03:50, 30 May 2008 (UTC)
sauce

laugh.gif
Kato
As spotted on another thread, notorious internet shit-stirrer Tony Sidaway (now known as Anticipation of a blah blah blah), who went as far as to add himself to a high profile Wikipedia arbitration case that had nothing to do with him so he could get in on the action, writes of another editor:

QUOTE(Sidaway aka Anticipation of a blah blah blah)
Dan does seem to be stirring things a bit lately for reasons best known to himself. [53] [54]. Hopefully he'll stop after this. --Anticipation of a New Lover's Arrival, The 22:30, 27 May 2008 (UTC)

blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.