Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scholarpedia on Wikipedia
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Random832
http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/Wikipedia - only those two candidates?
ThurstonHowell3rd
QUOTE(Random832 @ Mon 12th May 2008, 7:49pm) *

Articles on Scholarpedia have "owners". I can't think of anyone better than Sanger to "own" this article.

Somey
They should get Blissyu2 to write that - he'd actually give full "founder" credit to User:BenKovitz.

He'd probably also sneak in a reference to the Port Arthur Massacre cover-up too, of course - but hey, at least the article would be finished within a reasonable period of time.
Viridae
Port Authur massacre cover-up? You mean it was perpetrated by the Howard government in order to rush through more restrictive gun laws, eventually resulting in a dictatorship with Howard at the helm?
Moulton
QUOTE(Viridae @ Tue 13th May 2008, 7:15am) *
Port Authur massacre cover-up? You mean it was perpetrated by the Howard government in order to rush through more restrictive gun laws, eventually resulting in a dictatorship with Howard at the helm?

I have no doubt there's an interesting story there.

But not the way Blissy2u retells it.

It's not that Blissy2u necessarily retells it incorrectly.

It's that his retelling of it is so complex, convoluted, and inchoate that I can't apprehend the story at all.

Alas, not everyone is able to narrate a story in a succinct and coherent manner.
jorge
QUOTE(Viridae @ Tue 13th May 2008, 12:15pm) *

No, it's a lot more complicated than that...
thekohser
QUOTE(Random832 @ Mon 12th May 2008, 10:49pm) *

I hope that their community elect Wales to author. That would be funny to see what he's capable of producing as output -- in a Mzoli's Meats sort of way.

Greg
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 13th May 2008, 8:05am) *

skolerpedia.org/article/Wikipedia — only those two candidates?

I hope that their community elect Wales to author. That would be funny to see what he's capable of producing as output — in a Mzoli's Meats sort of way.

Greg

Appararently Skolerpedia ain't up to spelling 3-letter words like C-O-I yet.

Maybe they kin git Idi Amin* to write the Hystery of Scotland?

Jon cool.gif

* Sorry, Idi, I meant "His Excellency, Field Marshall, Al-Haji, Dr. Idi Amin Dada, Life President of Uganda, Conqueror of the British Empire, Distinguished Service Order of the Military Cross, Victoria Cross, and Professor of Geography" AKA "His Excellency President for Life Field Marshal Al Hadji Dr. Idi Amin, VC, DSO, MC, King of Scotland, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular".
Moulton
The guy sounds like a Klingon to me.

Bloody hell.
thekohser
QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 13th May 2008, 8:05am) *

I hope that their community elect Wales to author. That would be funny to see what he's capable of producing as output -- in a Mzoli's Meats sort of way.

Greg

I have inside information that this guy voted for Jimbo.
ThurstonHowell3rd
256 people have voted in the election of the Wikipedia article author since 10 April 2007. Scholarpedia says "Election of authors for each article continues for 3 months or until 100 votes are cast."

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.