Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rachel Marsden's wiki biography
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
thekohser
It would appear that Rachel Marsden is in control of her own wiki biography.

Greg
Somey
QUOTE(thekohser @ Sat 17th May 2008, 10:48pm) *
It would appear that Rachel Marsden is in control of her own wiki biography.

Indeed! smiling.gif

And she doesn't like to use "Preview" either, does she?

One of these days I'm going to have to write up a biography about myself on that thing... I just wish I could remember something I've actually done. Or for that matter, what my name is.
Somey
By the way, don't feel like you can't link to the actual article, particularly in a case like this:

http://www.wikipediareview.com/Rachel_Marsden

I take it there's not going to be a section entitled Unwise Boyfriend-Selection Issues...?
Giggy
Yebbut...Jimbo can't edit this one!
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Somey @ Sun 18th May 2008, 4:33am) *

By the way, don't feel like you can't link to the actual article, particularly in a case like this:

http://www.wikipediareview.com/Rachel_Marsden

I take it there's not going to be a section entitled Unwise Boyfriend-Selection Issues...?

At least no piped redirects to Bunny Boiler
Somey
Ms. Marsden has really been lighting up Valleywag recently. Apparently she thinks the person calling himself "colonelpanic" in these comments is Jimbo himself. Meanwhile, she's changed her avatar image on Valleywag to a photo of former Marine drill-sergeant-turned-actor R. Lee Ermey Gen. George S. Patton:

FORUM Image

Perhaps most interestingly of all, she posted a comment with the most detailed explanation of her relationship with Der (co-)Flounder yet:
QUOTE(Rachel Marsden @ May 17 2008 12:56 AM)
Actually the events are a bit out of order. Here, as someone who obviously is far more of an authority on the events of her life than an anonymous internet "fan", let me give you a hand, dear:

1) Rachel and Jimmy start fighting over his admission, well into the relationship, that he's a practitioner of polygamy and prefers multiple sex partners.

2) Rachel admits to Jimmy that she's not sure how much longer she can take being in a relationshp with a lying, sleazy, sack of shit that will happily screw anything and everything on two legs.

3) As a power-trip, Jimmy threatens Rachel with deportation if she ever breathes a word of their relationship to the point where the rest of his floozies find out he's been cheating on them with at least one other woman (in reality, he cheats on several women simultaneously, and is admittedly proud of it). Rachel tells him to go f himself.

4) Within a day, Jimmy posts breakup notice for the world to see on Wikipedia.

5) Rachel tells him she'll be responding to media inquiries about his breakup announcement in kind - by auctioning off his reeking clothes on eBay

Ouch!
guy
as someone who obviously is far more of an authority on the events of her life than an anonymous internet "fan"

Original research! Conflict of interest!
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Somey @ Sun 18th May 2008, 6:50am) *

Ms. Marsden has really been lighting up Valleywag recently.
Perhaps most interestingly of all, she posted a comment with the most detailed explanation of her relationship with Der (co-)Flounder yet:
Actually the events are a bit out of order. Here, as someone who obviously is far more of an authority on the events of her life than an anonymous internet "fan", let me give you a hand, dear:

1) Rachel and Jimmy start fighting over his admission, well into the relationship, that he's a practitioner of polygamy and prefers multiple sex partners.

2) Rachel admits to Jimmy that she's not sure how much longer she can take being in a relationshp with a lying, sleazy, sack of shit that will happily screw anything and everything on two legs.

3) As a power-trip, Jimmy threatens Rachel with deportation if she ever breathes a word of their relationship to the point where the rest of his floozies find out he's been cheating on them with at least one other woman (in reality, he cheats on several women simultaneously, and is admittedly proud of it). Rachel tells him to go f himself.

4) Within a day, Jimmy posts breakup notice for the world to see on Wikipedia.

5) Rachel tells him she'll be responding to media inquiries about his breakup announcement in kind - by auctioning off his reeking clothes on eBay

Ouch!

Indeed. Threatening a Canadian with deportation? That really is funny.

As for the rest, Dorothy Parker summed it up: biggrin.gif

Woman wants monogamy;
Man delights in novelty.
Love is woman's moon and sun;
Man has other forms of fun.
Woman lives but in her lord;
Count to ten, and man is bored.
With this the gist and sum of it,
What earthly good can come of it?

And oh, what the heck-- so long as we're doing Parker on this subject:

Reuben's Children
Accursed from their birth they be
Who seek to find monogamy,
Pursuing it from bed to bed ---
I think they would be better dead.

Fable
Oh, there once was a lady, and so I've been told,
Whose lover grew weary, whose lover grew cold.
"My child," he remarked, "though our episode ends,
In the manner of men, I suggest we be friends."
And the truest of friends ever after they were ---
Oh, they lied in their teeth when they told me of her!
thekohser
Somebody (not me!) has been busy reserving domain names:

www.wikipediarachelmarsden.com

www.wikipediarachelmarsden.org

They re-direct to a site that I own, so if you are opposed to promoting traffic on a site that I own, do not click these links.

Greg
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 28th May 2008, 11:23am) *

Somebody (not me!) has been busy reserving domain names:

www.wikipediarachelmarsden.com

www.wikipediarachelmarsden.org

They re-direct to a site that I own, so if you are opposed to promoting traffic on a site that I own, do not click these links.

Greg

No, I didn't click them, and then, just to be xtra mean, I went back and didn't click them 3 times more.

Jon cool.gif
Emperor
Are there any plans to help her with some of those red links? Also, I clicked Canada (a blue link) and found this.

(edited to amend link to version at time I posted)
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(Emperor @ Wed 28th May 2008, 11:43am) *

Are there any plans to help her with some of those red links? Also, I clicked Canada (a blue link) and found this.

It's not what BillyBoy meant by "undiscovered country", but there are many who've yet to discover it.

Jon cool.gif
thekohser

I made a feeble attempt to upgrade that page a bit. Please stop linking from here to my site, though. It bothers many members of this forum.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Wed 28th May 2008, 4:42pm) *

It's not what BillyBoy meant by "undiscovered country", but there are many who've yet to discover it.

Jon cool.gif

Ah, but there are many travelers who return from Canada; not as many who make it back out of California. Pity those who spend their Januaries and Februaries in hot tubs under the palms in their back yards.

-- The Bourn Identity
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 28th May 2008, 12:53pm) *

I made a feeble attempt to upgrade that page a bit. Please stop linking from here to my site, though. It bothers many members of this forum.

BAD BIZ !!! BAD BIZ !!!

Whatcha Gonna Do !?

Whatcha Gonna Do

When They Click On U !?

Jon cool.gif
Somey
QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 28th May 2008, 11:53am) *
I made a feeble attempt to upgrade that page a bit.

Personally, I thought the original version had more... "panache." Besides, what more really needs to be said? It's Canada, for Pete's sake.
LaraLove
Rachel Marsden at 04:44 PM on 05/12/08

@Durova: Oh wow, how original of you to say you Wikipidiotic cultist twat. And I'm sure in Wikipidiotville, Jimmy's considered a real catch. Go impale yourself on a Barnstar.

ohmy.gif laugh.gif
Hahahaha, I love this bitch.
Kato
QUOTE(LaraHate @ Wed 28th May 2008, 8:59pm) *

Rachel Marsden at 04:44 PM on 05/12/08

@Durova: Oh wow, how original of you to say you Wikipidiotic cultist twat. And I'm sure in Wikipidiotville, Jimmy's considered a real catch. Go impale yourself on a Barnstar.

ohmy.gif laugh.gif

Yeah, you can't really beat that! laugh.gif

I recommend checking those Valleywag comment sections on their Wikipedia related articles, because Marsden has set herself up in residence. And she's hilarious.

Those Wikipediots who moan about Wikipedia Review should note when reading all the users' comments on Valleywag, and similar forums, how vitriolic they are. If one considers them, and all the lunatic crap and nasty vandalism that goes on at Wikipedia, in comparison, Wikipedia Review is a shining light of civil, intellectual discourse and beats the lot of them hands down.
LaraLove
QUOTE(Kato @ Wed 28th May 2008, 4:07pm) *

Those Wikipediots who moan about Wikipedia Review should note when reading all the users' comments on Valleywag, and similar forums, how vitriolic they are. If one considers them, and all the lunatic crap and nasty vandalism that goes on at Wikipedia, in comparison, Wikipedia Review is a shining light of civil, intellectual discourse and beats the lot of them hands down.

Having actually gotten involved here, WR is not nearly what it's depicted as on WP. Not even close. There's a proportionally equal amount of mudslinging, but here it's coupled with the overuse of smilies, which makes insults less insulting, right? Or just more annoying... either way, at least here there's not the use of "straw man" and "WP:CIVIL" in every other post. And more often than not, the bitching here is legitimate and backed by evidence, which is not something that can be said about the vast majority of bullshit claims made on the discussion pages of WP.
Moulton
QUOTE(Kato @ Wed 28th May 2008, 4:07pm) *
QUOTE(LaraHate @ Wed 28th May 2008, 8:59pm) *
ohmy.gif laugh.gif
Yeah, you can't really beat that! laugh.gif

I dunno if this beats Rachel Marsden's charming Op-Ed copy, but it's definitely in the running...

thekohser
QUOTE(Somey @ Sun 18th May 2008, 2:50am) *

Ms. Marsden has really been lighting up Valleywag recently. Apparently she thinks the person calling himself "colonelpanic" in these comments is Jimbo himself.

Do we have anyone with exceptionally well-honed linguistic analytic skills who might be able to analyze "colonelpanic" to see if it could be Jimbo?

Greg
Neil
Anyone else spotted this yet?
thekohser
QUOTE(Neil @ Thu 29th May 2008, 10:07am) *

I like and admire Larry very much. I actually think his role in the early days of Wikipedia is under-appreciated. --[[User:Jimbo Wales|Jimbo Wales]] ([[User talk:Jimbo Wales#top|talk]]) 13:32, 29 May 2008 (UTC)

The man is the King of two-faced doubletalk. Remember, his dictum to Wikipedia Review was going to be "mutually beneficial" and Jimbo was "pleased" by it.

If Sanger's role in the early days of Wikipedia is under-appreciated, it's largely because Jimbo made sure that would be the standard by which Sanger should be appreciated!

This is another "not surprised because he does it so often" moment from Jimbo. Thank you, Jimbo.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 29th May 2008, 3:35pm) *

QUOTE(Neil @ Thu 29th May 2008, 10:07am) *

I like and admire Larry very much. I actually think his role in the early days of Wikipedia is under-appreciated. --[[User:Jimbo Wales|Jimbo Wales]] ([[User talk:Jimbo Wales#top|talk]]) 13:32, 29 May 2008 (UTC)

The man is the King of two-faced doubletalk. Remember, his dictum to Wikipedia Review was going to be "mutually beneficial" and Jimbo was "pleased" by it.

If Sanger's role in the early days of Wikipedia is under-appreciated, it's largely because Jimbo made sure that would be the standard by which Sanger should be appreciated!

This is another "not surprised because he does it so often" moment from Jimbo. Thank you, Jimbo.

He was underappreciated because Jimbo was showing him the door! But he did it with Wuv. wub.gif As he does when screwing anybody over. So it's okay.
wikiwhistle
And saying on articles etc that he's the sole founder really makes him not involved in an attempt to ensure Sanger is unappreciated, of course.

I think Jimbo would be surprised about how much outsiders are well aware of Sanger's role in the early years of Wikipedia, and appreciate it, despite efforts to ensure they do not.
Moulton
Jimbo simply misspoke. He meant to say that Larry Sanger's role is under-acknowledged.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.