Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intrada
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
thekohser
What are your thoughts about this article about Intrada?

On August 9, 2006, I brought this up in an Article for Deletion discussion about Norman Technologies as an example of a company not suitable for Wikipedia. Lo and behold, my article got deleted, and Intrada still lives on.

Hey, everyone, if you're interested in a copy of MAF 7056 Julius Caesar - Miklos Rozsa / Bruce Broughton conducts, just head on down to 2220 Mountain Boulevard in Oakland, California. Intrada is recognized as one of the world's leading producers of film and television music and is one of the best online retail sources for all film score related compact discs!

If you're wondering who is maintaining an article like that... check out these contributions. Perfectly clean block log.

Yet, a user with contributions like this -- blocked indefinitely.

I love how Wikipediots always play by the rules!

Greg
thekohser
Tombomp and Viridae did their best to make improvements.

It's still recognized as one of the world's leading producers of film and television music and is one of the best online retail sources for all film score related compact discs.

Shall I point out the other 1,200 or so articles about businesses on Wikipedia that are little more than shameless self-promotion?

Greg
guy
QUOTE(thekohser @ Sat 24th May 2008, 4:13pm) *

Shall I point out the other 1,200 or so articles about businesses on Wikipedia that are little more than shameless self-promotion?

WR:Potandkettle.
thekohser
QUOTE(guy @ Sat 24th May 2008, 1:11pm) *

QUOTE(thekohser @ Sat 24th May 2008, 4:13pm) *

WR:Potandkettle.

Guy, let me get this straight for everyone's benefit, okay?

You feel that it's okay for the owner or employee of a company that doesn't pass WP:CORP to create an article on Wikipedia about that company; but it is not okay for a fully-disclosed paid agent that writes encyclopedic content under the terms of the GFDL, to publish that content off-Wikipedia, then hope that independent, non-paid editors might scrape that content into Wikipedia?

You have a bizarre system of logic and ethics.
guy
QUOTE(thekohser @ Sat 24th May 2008, 6:19pm) *

Guy, let me get this straight for everyone's benefit, okay?

Greg, let me get this straight for everyone's benefit, okay? You feel that in order to justify your recent behaviour on here, you have to misrepresent me completely. WR:Potandkettle means the "black" pot is calling the "black" kettle black. It does not imply that either of them is better than the other.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.