Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A useful link
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Giggy
[Somewhat naughty, though actually sort of funny, link redacted]

Just found this one, might want to keep it bookmarked for future reference.

Gotcha? :D
Jon Awbrey
I don't click on links that lack a good descriptor, supplied by the linker or in the url itself.

Jon cool.gif
Giggy
But doing that would make it too much like Rickrolling!
Aloft
Here's his link:

CODE
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:MovePage&action=success&oldtitle=George_W._Bush&newtitle=HAGGER???&talkmoved=1
Random832
A URL of this form will not actuallyimmediately rename a page without confirmation. I'm surprised you didn't stick the nimp.org thing into the summary too. Fortunately, the page is move-protected and no admin is stupid enough to click on this.

It displays a success message, it doesn't actually carry out the page move. Fortunately it is not actually possible to use request forgery to cause page moves.
Alex
There would be an edit token involved somewhere.
dtobias
You know, this is the kind of shenanigans that makes people on WP label this site as an "attack site" that promotes mindless vandalism of their site.
Somey
QUOTE(dtobias @ Fri 23rd May 2008, 1:50pm) *
You know, this is the kind of shenanigans that makes people on WP label this site as an "attack site" that promotes mindless vandalism of their site.

Well, you can't deny that he is a "hagger."
Random832
QUOTE(dtobias @ Fri 23rd May 2008, 6:50pm) *

Note that it is not actually possible for clicking on a link to cause a pagemove - even the established "oldid edit link to vandalized and/or preferred version" popular on 4chan still requires them to hit save.
wikiwhistle
This link gave me the fear lol.

QUOTE(Somey @ Fri 23rd May 2008, 8:08pm) *

What is a "hagger" , actually?
LessHorrid vanU
QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Fri 23rd May 2008, 9:42pm) *

Is it taken from the comic strip "Hagar the Horrible" which used to be run in the British Newspaper "The Sun"? You know, the comic strip that wasn't actually funny - but then calling The Sun a newspaper required something of a stretch of the imagination...
guy
QUOTE(LessHorrid vanU @ Fri 23rd May 2008, 10:21pm) *

the comic strip "Hagar the Horrible" which used to be run in the British Newspaper "The Sun"? You know, the comic strip that wasn't actually funny

It was OK while the original chap was doing it, but crashed after he died.
Viridae
QUOTE(LessHorrid vanU @ Sat 24th May 2008, 7:21am) *

QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Fri 23rd May 2008, 9:42pm) *

Is it taken from the comic strip "Hagar the Horrible" which used to be run in the British Newspaper "The Sun"? You know, the comic strip that wasn't actually funny - but then calling The Sun a newspaper required something of a stretch of the imagination...

Nuh ugh - its from Harry potter, its what Hagrid's half brother calls him - hence the exclamation marks.
The Joy
Oh, Giggy, now when you run for RFA, the first oppose will be a link to this very thread. mad.gif

And if you're gone, how else is Moulton ever going to get unblocked or the bot operators be humbled?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.