Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The SlimVirgin Effect on RFAdminship
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > SlimVirgin
Heat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...ogen_Monoxide_3

Seems to me that the odium SV and Crum are now held in means that when the dynamic duo come out against an Admin candidate the net effect is to motivate people to vote "support".
Shalom
I think most people who say they're supporting to spite the opposers would have supported anyway. I like MastCell's comment on support number 200.

Hmm... a family tree. Can't say it's every day that I see SlimVirgin, SandyGeorgia, Moreschi, Neil, Swatjester, Orangemarlin, and B on the same side of an issue. Though some of their interactions do remind me of elements of my family tree... MastCell Talk 18:33, 30 May 2008 (UTC)

Amen! smile.gif
Rootology
...or it could be that content writers will naturally draw more support? Giggy has like a zillion high-quality articles he's written. Who has more, MONGO and Blyngun, Worldtraveller?
Alex
Well I hope it attracts more support. The usual gang have turned up to oppose, and they are steadily rising. It's still early days really though, so anything could happen really. I do like the responses to Crum375 - pot/kettle/black etc.
Aloft
Oh dear, SlimVirgin decides to bait Lar on his talk page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=216044650

QUOTE(SlimVirgin)
"I suggest that you are not the person here with the most moral standing to speak about corruption or fraud or favoritism. Put your own house in order first."
+
+
What does this comment mean, Lar?
Or, to translate it from Slimspeak, means "Please say something that I can try to get you into trouble over."

Good on Lar for not taking the bait, though.
dogbiscuit
QUOTE(Aloft @ Fri 30th May 2008, 11:05pm) *

QUOTE(SlimVirgin)
"I suggest that you are not the person here with the most moral standing to speak about corruption or fraud or favoritism. Put your own house in order first."
+
+
Or, to translate it from Slimspeak, means "Please say something that I can try to get you into trouble over."

It means carry on like that and Crum375 will get added to the Mother of All ArbComs.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Aloft @ Fri 30th May 2008, 10:05pm) *

QUOTE(SlimVirgin)
+
+

"What does this comment mean?" says Lar, whistling, looking at the sky innocently. rolleyes.gif

Yes, indeed, it means "Come over and say anything on MY talk page, that I can use later to accuse you of stalking and harrassment for."

Sorry, Slimmy, we've seen this trick. Nobody's buying it. But go with Wub wub.gif
wikiwhistle
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Fri 30th May 2008, 11:32pm) *

Sorry, Slimmy, we've seen this trick. Nobody's buying it. But go with Wub wub.gif

Was that an intrusive, overly familiar comment towards a female editor I just saw? biggrin.gif
Alison
QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Fri 30th May 2008, 3:56pm) *

Was that an intrusive, overly familiar comment towards a female editor I just saw? biggrin.gif

Or ... umm ... something else altogether huh.gif ohmy.gif
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Alison @ Fri 30th May 2008, 11:04pm) *

Ewwww. No, that was just satyrically riffing on the way Jimbo flicks people off, when a nice "get lost!" would be so much more honest. And the symbol there wub.gif is made by putting "wub" between colons. *I* didn't HTML code it!
Alison
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Fri 30th May 2008, 5:13pm) *

QUOTE(Alison @ Fri 30th May 2008, 11:04pm) *

Ewwww. No, that was just satyrically riffing on the way Jimbo flicks people off, when a nice "get lost!" would be so much more honest. And the symbol there wub.gif is made by putting "wub" between colons. *I* didn't HTML code it!

Heh. I see ....

Does this work? ---> wub.gif

Edit: Oooh - it does biggrin.gif
Giggy
QUOTE(Rootology @ Sat 31st May 2008, 6:23am) *

...or it could be that content writers will naturally draw more support? Giggy has like a zillion high-quality articles he's written. Who has more, MONGO and Blyngun, Worldtraveller?

Lol. WP:WBFAN. I wish. biggrin.gif (note to self; don't be arrogant about the number of FAs you've written (note to others; not being sarcastic))
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Giggy @ Sat 31st May 2008, 12:47am) *

Lol. WP:WBFAN. I wish. biggrin.gif (note to self; don't be arrogant about the number of FAs you've written (note to others; not being sarcastic))

Looks like you're going to prevail by shear numbers, Mr. Codeword. And notwithstanding SV's Clear Blue Water, I doubt very much you could have talked yourself out of it, if you'd called yourself user:Whitewater. ph34r.gif

"Your honor, I was drawing attention to Bill and Hillary's Arkansas investment problems."

Still, anybody who gets opposed with use of an EasterEgg piped-link like this, automatically deserves 20 extra support votes in my book, just for the sake of Godwin. Hot damn, bro. smile.gif
Janron
QUOTE(Aloft @ Fri 30th May 2008, 6:05pm) *

QUOTE(SlimVirgin)
+
+

Who the hell does she think she is? What a loser. so sad. so bad. What a waste of a life SV has. She needs medication or therapy. Srsly. Wikipedia is toxic, ten times worse than heroin, or anyother addictive, mind altering drug. Give her relief, and send her to Wiki-Hazleton for pete's sake. Oh, the humanity. or lack there of. huh.gif
Viridae
QUOTE(Giggy @ Sat 31st May 2008, 10:47am) *

The top of that list, Lord Emsworth, hasn't even been on WP since dec 2006.
Giggy
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sat 31st May 2008, 1:14pm) *

Still, anybody who gets opposed with use of an EasterEgg piped-link like this, automatically deserves 20 extra support votes in my book, just for the sake of Godwin. Hot damn, bro. smile.gif

I'm sorry to say I don't get the joke. sad.gif
Moulton
From the RfAr/DHMO...

QUOTE(RfAR/DHMO)
Revision as of 19:07, June 3, 2008

QUOTE(Fully protected)
This RfA was withdrawn by the candidate, and has been blanked due to the significant unpleasant accusations that took place within it.
Kato
Ouch. That turned pretty nasty.

If the consequences of that nasty RFA are anything like the consequences of Cla68's torpedoed RFA last year, then Wikipedia has got an all out personality war in store for the future.

At one point, Giggy(DHMO) was accused of being corrupt by pot/kettle exponent Crum375, and then there were inferences that he was a white supremacist! Based on no evidence whatsoever. The whole thing turned into a shambles.

Still, he got nearly 300 supports which is a lot.

For those fans of the vintage Slim / Crum 1-2 maneuver, Crum's oppose came in an hour after Slim's. So they've still got some of that old Fred and Ginger magic.
Moulton
It's one thing to play light-hearted Games of Narcissistic Wounding by mutual consent.

But it's quite another thing to escalate light-hearted kidding into mean-spirited character assassination.
LaraLove
QUOTE(Kato @ Thu 5th June 2008, 10:12pm) *

Ouch. That turned pretty nasty.

If the consequences of that nasty RFA are anything like the consequences of Cla68's torpedoed RFA last year, then Wikipedia has got an all out personality war in store for the future.

At one point, Giggy(DHMO) was accused of being corrupt by pot/kettle exponent Crum375, and then there were inferences that he was a white supremacist! Based on no evidence whatsoever. The whole thing turned into a shambles.

Still, he got nearly 300 supports which is a lot.

For those fans of the vintage Slim / Crum 1-2 maneuver, Crum's oppose came in an hour after Slim's. So they've still got some of that old Fred and Ginger magic.

That was the biggest mess of an RFA I've witnessed. And I've seen a few jacked RFAs, including my own. This one, however, was by far the worst. These people are losing it. I thought I was crazy, but these people are batshit insane. And they're getting away with every false accusation they make against whoever they feel like.
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(Heat @ Fri 30th May 2008, 3:54pm) *

WP:Requests For Amindsnip/Dihydrogen Monoxide 3

Seems to me that the odium SV and Crum are now held in means that when the dynamic duo come out against an Admin candidate the net effect is to motivate people to vote "support".

So how did that turn out, what with the Odium of the Masses and all?

Jon cool.gif
guy
QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Fri 6th June 2008, 3:42am) *

QUOTE(Heat @ Fri 30th May 2008, 3:54pm) *

WP:Requests For Amindsnip/Dihydrogen Monoxide 3

So how did that turn out, what with the Odium of the Masses and all?

Jon cool.gif

300 supports in an RfA is easily a record, and I don't think the number of opposes was a record (though it would presumably have been higher had the RfA run to completion).
Moulton
Guy (or anyone else, for that matter), do you have an analysis of what went haywire in DHMO's RfA process?
Giggy
Ooh, ooh, I do! smile.gif

QUOTE(Kato @ Fri 6th June 2008, 12:12pm) *

Yes, respect to Lar. Me after seeing Crum get a reality check: laugh.gif
guy
QUOTE(Moulton @ Fri 6th June 2008, 12:40pm) *

Guy (or anyone else, for that matter), do you have an analysis of what went haywire in DHMO's RfA process?

Nothing went haywire. An immensely popular editor was doing very well, when a determined group of people decided to oppose. Things got increasingly acrimonious until the poor editor couldn't stand the strain.
Cla68
QUOTE(Giggy @ Fri 6th June 2008, 12:35pm) *

Ooh, ooh, I do! smile.gif

QUOTE(Kato @ Fri 6th June 2008, 12:12pm) *

Yes, respect to Lar. Me after seeing Crum get a reality check: laugh.gif

I hope you're doing alright DHMO. I hope your RfA is the straw that breaks the camel's back for some significant administrative reform in the project.
Alison
QUOTE(guy @ Fri 6th June 2008, 6:45am) *

QUOTE(Moulton @ Fri 6th June 2008, 12:40pm) *

Nothing went haywire. An immensely popular editor was doing very well, when a determined group of people decided to oppose. Things got increasingly acrimonious until the poor editor couldn't stand the strain.

That's a pretty good summation of what happened all right. sad.gif

Giggy, hope you're doing okay & know that you've got my support wink.gif
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(Cla68 @ Fri 6th June 2008, 11:46am) *

I hope you're doing alright DHMO. I hope your RfA is the straw that breaks the camel's back for some significant administrative reform in the project.

It appears that introductions are once again in order:

Wishes, Beggars.
Beggars, Wishes.

Jon cool.gif
Gold heart
QUOTE(LaraHate @ Fri 6th June 2008, 3:38am) *

That was the biggest mess of an RFA I've witnessed. And I've seen a few jacked RFAs, including my own. This one, however, was by far the worst. These people are losing it. I thought I was crazy, but these people are batshit insane. And they're getting away with every false accusation they make against whoever they feel like.

But sadly, that's what's happening to Wikipedia, a bunch of trollers are running/ruining the establishment. It will either explode or shut slowly down to a permanent lifeless entropy. The monkeys are in fact running the zoo, and even Jimbo Wales is praying that a "sane" member is elected to the board. How long can this madness go on?
Present for admins. IPB Image laugh.gif tongue.gif
Giggy
Get I get a non-admin straw-hopefully-to-break-camel's-back-version of that shirt? Please? biggrin.gif
Gold heart
QUOTE(Giggy @ Sat 7th June 2008, 4:14am) *

Get I get a non-admin straw-hopefully-to-break-camel's-back-version of that shirt? Please? biggrin.gif

Here's a much nicer one, that the admins don't get! biggrin.gif

IPB Image

Eat your heart out, "Ali, Foz, Lar, & Co" biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Wizardman
Something of curiosity. When SlimVirgin and RfA are discussed, It's always on Cla, and now Giggy.

Would this RfA fall under the SV cabal as well? seeing as how it's the usual suspects holding off until the last day or so. Or maybe I'm misreading it.
Cla68
QUOTE(Wizardman @ Sat 7th June 2008, 11:36pm) *

Something of curiosity. When SlimVirgin and RfA are discussed, It's always on Cla, and now Giggy.

Would this RfA fall under the SV cabal as well? seeing as how it's the usual suspects holding off until the last day or so. Or maybe I'm misreading it.

There are a few "third rails" in Wikipedia which appear to have serious consequences if you touch them. Wikidudeman apparently touched one of those rails. Was it fair that it was taken out on him that way?
Giggy
QUOTE(Wizardman @ Sun 8th June 2008, 9:36am) *

Perfect case of the ID cabal at work.

QUOTE(Gold heart @ Sun 8th June 2008, 8:44am) *

IPB Image

Now, how to make that my avatar?
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Giggy @ Sun 8th June 2008, 2:09am) *

QUOTE(Wizardman @ Sun 8th June 2008, 9:36am) *

Perfect case of the ID cabal at work.

QUOTE(Gold heart @ Sun 8th June 2008, 8:44am) *

IPB Image

Now, how to make that my avatar?

Giggy, what you really need after your particular WP experience, is a Hazmat symbol:

IPB Image
Giggy
unsure.gif blink.gif unsure.gif

By the way, I get the feeling some regulars here would have plenty to add to this proposed RfC.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.