Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SHEWOLF - Durova doth smite thee down
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Durova
Disillusioned Lackey
The Decline and Fall of Me

* That's a little melodramatic, don't you think? It's pretty easy to dodge a block. At any time, I can create a new account with a new IP. If I don't edit <article she kicked him off> promptly, nobody will ever know. It's a quasi-article-ban at best.
* The basic topic here is what to do when a blocked user edits non-disruptively for three months. You've made some assumptions here that are incorrect. Igor wasn't banned because of a dispute with me; he was banned because he kept an off-wiki hit list of editors, tagged with phrases like "Marked for assassination." If you read the ANI you will know. Likewise, if you research the <article she kicked him off> , you won't find any trolling by me. My last block for editing was in September 2007. I don't try to disrupt or troll.
* There's too much blind rule-following here. The concerns about this article are legitimate. It exploits the built-in cultural bias of a language-specific Wiki. It labels Middle Easterners, Latin Americans, Asians, in ways they don't accept for themselves. There would be no consensus if those people were equally represented here. My editing pattern reflects someone in a 2-1 minority on a heated topic, that's all.
* So, I will create a new account and edit other articles. Maybe I'll edit <article she kicked him off> with an IP, or just let it breathe. I care more about the purpose of Wikipedia than the rules. See you around. --Life.temp —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.120.157.30 (talk) 06:03, 15 June 2008 (UTC)

Some kid cheerfully dispute Durova's (ahem) false accusation of sockpuppeting (hello? Is there a 12-step group for this? Screaming for a "sponsor"!), and what did she do? Kicked his behind.

Because Durova is *never* wrong about people being sockpuppets.

Wiped his comment with this comment:
(Thank you very much for that post. This situation needed one more bit of evidence to move toward formal banning, and it'll be much simpler to manage you now. smile.gif)

Shiver. I need to bathe in salt, scatter some sage and sprinkle a little holy water to get rid of the "vibes"

She's so evil.

Is it any wonder that person's with "issues" give her grief? She's needlessly nasty.
dtobias

I've been to paradise, but I've never been to me.

Somey
Neither have I, come to think of it...

This, apparently, is in reference to a certain User:Bsharvy, blocked on March 12 by User:Slakr, presumably at Durova's behest - and ostensibly for sock-puppeting, but Bsharvy's primary interest seems to be in removing anti-American "POV" from the Anti-Americanism article. I suppose it's hard to avoid a certain amount of contentiousness on something like that... You can almost see why the person would want to create a bunch of sock puppets, too, given that most Americans are themselves "anti-American" these days, after 7-1/2 years of you-know-who.

As for me, well, I'm just anti-everything, I guess! tongue.gif
Disillusioned Lackey
QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 16th June 2008, 1:52am) *

Neither have I, come to think of it...

This, apparently, is in reference to a certain User:Bsharvy, blocked on March 12 by User:Slakr, presumably at Durova's behest - and ostensibly for sock-puppeting, but Bsharvy's primary interest seems to be in removing anti-American "POV" from the Anti-Americanism article. I suppose it's hard to avoid a certain amount of contentiousness on something like that... You can almost see why the person would want to create a bunch of sock puppets, too, given that most Americans are themselves "anti-American" these days, after 7-1/2 years of you-know-who.

Ok, that's totally unfair. The President is NOT to blame for Durova's freaky false accusations, Somey!

Even he doesnt' have that much power. smile.gif

QUOTE(dtobias @ Sun 15th June 2008, 2:15pm) *

I've been to paradise, but I've never been to me.

IPB Image smile.gif
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 16th June 2008, 6:52am) *

As for me, well, I'm just anti-everything, I guess! tongue.gif

Anarchist. Clinically that can also be depression. Been there.

Problem: are depressed people seeing the world more or less clearly than "mentally healthy optimistic people"? 30 years ago, there was this "reality therapy" movement for depression talk-therapy, which assumed that depressed people were not as rational. That therapy wasn't notably effective except for people so depressed that they were completely delusional and paranoid. It turned out that when people got over their depression by other means, they naturally reasserted all the mild and harmless delusions about stuff that keep us all from being paralyzed by perceived inability to change anything.

There's some evidence that mildy depressed and cynical people are in closer contact with reality, as measured objectively by their interpretation of social situations presented to them in controlled trials. It takes a certain amount of self-delusion, apparently, to get anything worthwhile done. huh.gif Which is why so many of the world's mover and shakers do their thing when they are edging into a cycle of mania.

Sometimes it's best not to think of any of this. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.