Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turkeys on Commons
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
thekohser
After looking at some of the turkeys available for view on Commons, my appetite was not piqued at all.

So, I went and uploaded the most delicious-looking turkey you will ever see in GFDL form. I hope SlimVirgin doesn't delete it as counter-productive to her PETA agenda!

Seriously, is mine the best cooked turkey in the gallery?

Greg

P.S. Yes, Guy and Poetlister, I am contributing to the Beast. You know there are ulterior motives, though. You just know it.
Neil
There's already two pictures on Domesticated turkey. I think they are better than yours in terms of showing the shape of the cooked bird, etc, and the other also has all the rest of the accoutrements. Although yours does look more delicious, Greg, so I added it.
thekohser
QUOTE(Neil @ Wed 18th June 2008, 8:58am) *

There's already two pictures on Domesticated turkey. I think they are better than yours in terms of showing the shape of the cooked bird, etc, and the other also has all the rest of the accoutrements. Although yours does look more delicious, Greg, so I added it.

Yeah, those other pictures are just so BLUE. Who wants to eat blue food, unless it's fresh blueberries or maybe those blue corn tortilla chips?

You're proxying for a banned user now, Neil. Look out!

Greg

P.S. Best unsourced text from that article:

Some animal welfare groups, such as Farm Sanctuary say that turkeys each have unique personalities and make wonderful companions. They are especially noted for their curious natures, pleasant talkativeness and love of roaming and discovery.
Neil
QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 18th June 2008, 2:09pm) *

You're proxying for a banned user now, Neil. Look out!

I am protected by the Power of Grayskull.

PS - Hundredth post - I am no longer a "junior", and am now just a regular member (no puns, thank you).
Lar
Greg:

I see you tagged this image "own work"... Does that extend as far as having cooked the bird? Or just the photo itself? smile.gif I freely admit I could never cook something that complicated.
Moulton

IPB Image
thekohser
QUOTE(Lar @ Wed 18th June 2008, 9:17am) *

Greg:

I see you tagged this image "own work"... Does that extend as far as having cooked the bird? Or just the photo itself? smile.gif I freely admit I could never cook something that complicated.

The bird is typically 90% my doing, 10% Stephanie's. She does 90% of the rest of the fixings. It's a great deal, really -- I get off easy, yet get so much credit during the meal. tongue.gif
dogbiscuit
QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 18th June 2008, 3:12pm) *

QUOTE(Lar @ Wed 18th June 2008, 9:17am) *

Greg:

The bird is typically 90% my doing, 10% Stephanie's. She does 90% of the rest of the fixings. It's a great deal, really -- I get off easy, yet get so much credit during the meal. tongue.gif

I do less than 1% of the cooking, and fortunately my sausages, mashed potatoes and baked beans earns me high praise much to the chagrin of SWMBO.
Viridae
that looks very tasty
thekohser
QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 18th June 2008, 8:44am) *

After looking at some of the turkeys available for view on Commons, my appetite was not piqued at all.

So, I went and uploaded the most delicious-looking turkey you will ever see in GFDL form. I hope SlimVirgin doesn't delete it as counter-productive to her PETA agenda!

Seriously, is mine the best cooked turkey in the gallery?

Greg

P.S. Yes, Guy and Poetlister, I am contributing to the Beast. You know there are ulterior motives, though. You just know it.

Finally -- a perfect chance for someone to publicize my turkey image. Someone, please, I beg of you... add my turkey picture somewhere close to this comment by Jonathan Hochman.

Trolls and turkey and ArbCom all in the same thought? We will NEVER AGAIN see such a perfect opportunity to introduce a troll-roasted turkey into such an important conversation.

Please! Someone!

Greg
Dzonatas
QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 10th July 2008, 8:33am) *

Please! Someone!

If it is made with unchicken...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.