Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Under-aged editors again
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
carbuncle
User Shapiros10, who you may remember from such WR threads as Under-aged editors and Oversighted edits, posted this interesting item to AN/I: "Something I'm a little worried about". I believe the comment that prompted his concern was the one removed here.

What the hell is going on lately? Is there some paedo paranoia running rampant or is there actually something to this? I am definitely not trying to encourage a witch hunt, I'm just perplexed.
LaraLove
QUOTE(carbuncle @ Tue 1st July 2008, 11:43am) *

User Shapiros10, who you may remember from such WR threads as Under-aged editors and Oversighted edits, posted this interesting item to AN/I: "Something I'm a little worried about". I believe the comment that prompted his concern was the one removed here.

What the hell is going on lately? Is there some paedo paranoia running rampant or is there actually something to this? I am definitely not trying to encourage a witch hunt, I'm just perplexed.

That's my adoptee. I really wish he'd email me more often rather than make edits that make me facepalm.
The Joy

http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showtopic=18883

The above thread tells part of the story.
carbuncle
QUOTE(LaraLove @ Tue 1st July 2008, 8:56pm) *

That's my adoptee. I really wish he'd email me more often rather than make edits that make me facepalm.

Like this AN/I thread that someone had the sense to delete before it caused any more harm? You have my sympathy.
prospero
Ironically, if you check Shapiro's talk, all three are able to come to an amicable conclusion.
LaraLove
QUOTE(carbuncle @ Tue 1st July 2008, 9:01pm) *

QUOTE(LaraLove @ Tue 1st July 2008, 8:56pm) *

Like this AN/I thread that someone had the sense to delete before it caused any more harm? You have my sympathy.

*FACEPALM*
LamontStormstar
Facepalm is a verb now?

I read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facepalm#Facepalm

Unfortunately the example picture is not very good. If they weren't scared of fair use, they could use Picard who does a good facepalm once per episode it seems.
LaraLove
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Wed 2nd July 2008, 12:14pm) *

Facepalm is a verb now?

I read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facepalm#Facepalm

Unfortunately the example picture is not very good. If they weren't scared of fair use, they could use Picard who does a good facepalm once per episode it seems.

He looks like he's making out with his hand. Terribly illustrated. Would be better if there was some consistency.
Moulton
QUOTE(Facepalm)
Facepalm

This gesture indicates stupidity, usually a minor and immediately recognized slip of logic, judgment, or speech; and is performed by striking the forehead with the heel of the hand.

IPB Image

Facepalm

That definition is incorrect. Stupidity is slapping the forehead with the bottom of the palm, while saying, "Duh."

Facepalm, as shown (with fingertips on the forehead and eyes covered), expresses the emotional state of anguish.
The Joy
IPB Image

One of my favorites. smile.gif

Seriously, is there a facepalm smiley out there yet? I feel we need it for this forum.
Moulton
There isn't a good one for perplexity, either.
BobbyBombastic
QUOTE(The Joy @ Wed 2nd July 2008, 3:20pm) *

Seriously, is there a facepalm smiley out there yet? I feel we need it for this forum.
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
Moulton
"Duh" is not anguish.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.