Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deleted Articles with Freaky Titles
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
Rhindle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:DAFT

This is actually the funniest thing I've seen on wikipedia but then I'm easily amused sometimes. Is there really a "dog fart neutralizing thong?" Some seem well-intended but the majority could be just a result of trolling. Anyway, seems to be a fun read of articles that didn't make the cut.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Rhindle @ Sat 12th July 2008, 7:00pm) *

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:DAFT

This is actually the funniest thing I've seen on wikipedia but then I'm easily amused sometimes. Is there really a "dog fart neutralizing thong?" Some seem well-intended but the majority could be just a result of trolling. Anyway, seems to be a fun read of articles that didn't make the cut.

If you're amused by things like this and having seen it yet, I highly recommend [[WP:LAME]].
Viridae
I think I added something to WP:DAFT at one point following a speedy deletion.
dogbiscuit
My favourite was:
Category: Belgian cycling teas

(The difference a missing "m" can make...)
Casliber
...and here is a perfectly valid scientific page....on a pretty little Australian rainforest bird, the Pied Monarch, just have a look at the category, and the genus name. Probably more funny if you are an Aussie or a pom than an american but hey... smile.gif

...just checked - there really needs to be a disambig page, as 'arses' goes to Arses of Persia laugh.gif
Rootology
That is great, I'd never seen that before. Sometimes I wish there was such a page for the funniest editing errors or vandalism, but it would be an invitation for people to cause trouble. I used to have on my old user page that I'd found, from when Stephen Colbert did his "number of elephant men" thing. Stuff like this would go on it.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Sun 13th July 2008, 2:44am) *

My favourite was:

Thank you for the gift of some very amusing imagery while I was figuring out where to insert that "m."
The Joy
QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Sun 13th July 2008, 4:44am) *

My favourite was:

Or an "e." wink.gif
Cobalt
1933 in video gaming

Ha!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.