Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Damian Blocks
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > FT2
Peter Damian
I am posting this here so there is a chronological record of my blocks, given the confusion in the minds of certain people on-Wikipedia. Starting with the one that set it all off in December.

THE DECEMBER BLOCK

Salient points of this block

1. Terms of unblock included supplying diffs to edits by FT2 - which edits were immediately oversighted. This was a gross breach of trust.

2. The final reason for the block was 'legal threat', even though there never was a legal threat.

3. I have never accused FT2 of practising zoophilia. My issue with this editor was (and remains) his biased and slanted editing aimed at normalising the practice of bestiality, and his arbitrarily blocking or banning of editors who aimed at restoring NPOV to the articles on this subject.

Tuesday 4 December

The run-up to the block was my canvassing in the December Arbitration committee elections in Wikipedia. I regarded one the candidates, who operated under the pseudonym 'FT2' as a pernicious and destructive influence on the encyclopedia, because of his biased and slanting editing in the area of pseudoscience and alternative sexuality.

16:24 - I went too far and made a comment which I regret, but which I unreservedly apologised for: “OK I'm sorry for that. I will delete it and promise to make no further remarks of that sort if you remove the block. Please. edward 18:59, 4 December 2007 (UTC)

18:30 - A discussion which clarifies what my allegations actually are. “I repeat, these are nothing to do with his private life. He has made public statements in articles in WP that are POV, and intended to support human sex with animals. His private life is his own affair. His public statements are such as to bring disrepute to the project. edward (buckner) 18:51, 4 December 2007 (UTC)” [Note that FT2 has alleged that this claim came 'much later'. This diff clearly disproves that.

18:54 - Scribe challenges me to produce any edits. “You have still yet to provide a single diff of these allegedly POV edits. WjBscribe 18:54, 4 December 2007 (UTC)”

18:57 - I comment on the absence of diffs. “On the other talk page, someone disputed whether I have links. Yes I do. I had hoped we could do without that. I would be happy if FT2 withdrew, and we ended this. It is not in the interests of this project to escalate this.”

19:36 – Scribe unblocks (see block log below). I apologise again. “It was a momentary aberration”.

19:44 - Again I emphasise that my issue is what FT2 writes in Wikipedia, not what he may or may not do in his spare time.
The block has been removed, as I apologised. I leave it up to you as to guidelines on what to do with the page. It mostly consists of links, and some discussion. My point relates only to PUBLIC statements, on WP, made by the user in question. [Damian] 19:44, 4 December 2007 (UTC)

Wednesday 5 December

20:00 - a dialogue with Scribe. This shows that my apologies about my remarks during the campaign, my offers of blanking page and so on, were accepted, Berry and others. Postlethwaite was mildly reproved for having escalated the situation (which he certainly did – “you're cruising for block No.2”). Berry “I don't think threatening more blocks here is wise. [Damian] is not a troll, he is a longstanding solid contributor in good standing.”

20:17 I ask for help from Giano on the evening of the 5 December - this part contains the now infamous remark "I have contacted the relevant organisations. " That evening I made the blog post which referenced the Zoophilia article. Note this post did not mention FT2 by name - it simply criticised the extreme bias that I saw in the article.

Thursday 6 December

The Yogacara network replicates the blog Thu, 2007-12-06 09:16.

I take a morning off work to delete the blog post and ask Veggieboards to remove a thread. I strike through my vote in the elections. I retire from Wikipedia. My talk page for 13:15 shows me apologising to Ryan Postlethwaite under duress. “Ok I no longer plan to pursue in any context. You win.” This caused some puzzlement, the reason was WP:IP. I deny ever having made legal threat.

The ANI page shows clearly the unblock was made by Postlethwaite (13:15 UTC), but then reapplied by Scribe. The chronology here is important, and to be read with the block log showing Scribe blocks at 14:53 for “serious off-wiki campaign of harassment and attacks against another editor” even though I had removed everything and had made promises.

Saturday 8 December

The two Zoophilia edits are oversighted. See here for details on what the edits contained, and here for some of the evidence that they were oversighted.
Peter Damian
Posting for the record, extracted from FT2's attack thread.

QUOTE(LaraLove @ Mon 15th September 2008, 2:17pm) *

Are you talking about Hinnibilis, which he discusses in the following threads:
Extraordinary message on my talk page:FT2 pops in for a cup of tea
WJBscribe's involvement in the oversighted edits: Jimbo and Cary Bass too!
Unblocked, hurrah: Peter Damian in this case

The last, if you notice, specifies which of his accounts has been unblocked.

As for the block log of this account, it is as follows:

* 20:14, September 6, 2008 Cbrown1023 (Talk | contribs | block) blocked "Hinnibilis (Talk | contribs)" (account creation blocked, e-mail blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ (block e-mail too; http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...3APeter+Damian) (Unblock)
* 20:14, September 6, 2008 Cbrown1023 (Talk | contribs | block) unblocked "Hinnibilis (Talk | contribs)" ‎ (unblock to change duration)
* 19:49, September 6, 2008 Cbrown1023 (Talk | contribs | block) blocked "Hinnibilis (Talk | contribs)" (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ (per Jimbo this is only to be unblocked by his (Jimbo's) permission or arbcom (ref. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Log?u...APeter+Damian)) (Unblock)
* 11:26, July 17, 2008 Jennavecia (Talk | contribs | block) unblocked "Hinnibilis (Talk | contribs)" ‎ (Upon further research, I feel this case was presented incompletely to me, and the indef undeserved.)
* 12:23, July 6, 2008 Jennavecia (Talk | contribs | block) blocked "Hinnibilis (Talk | contribs)" (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ (Personal attacks or harassment of other users: restoring private correspondence, see RfAr/Durova) (Unblock)
* 11:52, July 1, 2008 Thatcher (Talk | contribs | block) blocked "Hinnibilis (Talk | contribs)" (account creation blocked, autoblock disabled) with an expiry time of 5 days ‎ (per http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...ldid=222814921) (Unblock)
* 11:51, July 1, 2008 Thatcher (Talk | contribs | block) unblocked "Hinnibilis (Talk | contribs)" ‎ (chg duration)
* 13:34, June 29, 2008 Ryan Postlethwaite (Talk | contribs | block) blocked "Hinnibilis (Talk | contribs)" (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ (Harassment, both on and off wiki) (Unblock)

I have struck through the blocks that were undone or otherwise changed for reasons like "to change duration" when really it's to disable email. That, of course, includes the striking of my own block of his account. So, for this account, the block log is not really significant. Two entries. 5 days, and a smackdown from the GodKing.

The block log for Peter Damian:
* 19:11, September 6, 2008 Jimbo Wales (Talk | contribs | block) blocked "Peter Damian (Talk | contribs)" (account creation blocked, e-mail blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ (User says he is leaving. Good timing. Please do not unblock without approval from me and/or ArbCom.) (Unblock)
* 21:45, August 30, 2008 Coren (Talk | contribs | block) unblocked "Peter Damian (Talk | contribs)" ‎ (After discussion on AN; unblock "time served" with a reminder to behave)
* 13:50, August 30, 2008 Coren (Talk | contribs | block) blocked "Peter Damian (Talk | contribs)" (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of 31 hours ‎ (Incivility) (Unblock)
* 14:45, August 14, 2008 Duk (Talk | contribs | block) blocked "Peter Damian (Talk | contribs)" (autoblock disabled) with an expiry time of 1 minute ‎ (Previous 2 block summaries incorrect. See http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...n_block_review) (Unblock)
* 12:51, August 13, 2008 MBisanz (Talk | contribs | block) unblocked "Peter Damian (Talk | contribs)" ‎ (Last chance at WP, no more harassment or disruption will be tolerated)
* 10:31, August 13, 2008 MBisanz (Talk | contribs | block) blocked "Peter Damian (Talk | contribs)" (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ (Personal attacks or harassment of other users) (Unblock)
* 11:53, July 1, 2008 Thatcher (Talk | contribs | block) blocked "Peter Damian (Talk | contribs)" (account creation blocked, autoblock disabled) with an expiry time of 5 days ‎ (per http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...ldid=222814921) (Unblock)
* 11:52, July 1, 2008 Thatcher (Talk | contribs | block) unblocked "Peter Damian (Talk | contribs)" ‎ (chg duration)
* 13:38, June 29, 2008 Ryan Postlethwaite (Talk | contribs | block) blocked "Peter Damian (Talk | contribs)" (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ (Harassment of another editor) (Unblock)
* 11:57, May 2, 2008 Thatcher (Talk | contribs | block) unblocked "Peter Damian (Talk | contribs)" ‎ (unblocked per discussion with Arbcom)
* 13:39, April 24, 2008 Thatcher (Talk | contribs | block) blocked "Peter Damian (Talk | contribs)" (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ (reincarnation of banned user) (Unblock)

On this one, removing unblocks and a block for notice, we're left with five entries. The first, I question whether or not it should count, as it was lifted per ArbCom. As for the other four; we've got 5 days, 2 hours and 10 minutes, 8 hours, and the smack down from the GodKing.

Also, I don't see that either of these pages (Peter Damian or Hinnibilis) are tagged for sockpuppetry, or even linked to each other (literally, on wiki, not through ArbCom, which link three above is evidence of), much less other accounts, as your post suggests.
http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?s=&sh...ndpost&p=129839

Random832
FT2, do you have any diffs or other evidence of Damian doing anything inappropriate between 13:15 and 14:53 UTC on December 6, 2007? Clearly Ryan was satisfied at 13:15 that he had fulfilled the conditions of the unblock. What changed in the less than two hours between the unblock and the block?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.