Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: POV pushers are embarrassing themselves
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
Sceptre
So, after five AFDs, the horrible and infamous "Allegations of apartheid" has been deleted by Sarcasticidealist. His closure is rather long and can be seen here.

That's not the funny thing - though I'm glad. The funny thing is that no-one has contested this deletion yet. Normally, deletion sticks for only two or three hours.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Sceptre @ Mon 14th July 2008, 4:01pm) *

So, after five AFDs, the horrible and infamous "Allegations of apartheid" has been deleted by Sarcasticidealist. His closure is rather long and can be seen here.

That's not the funny thing - though I'm glad. The funny thing is that no-one has contested this deletion yet. Normally, deletion sticks for only two or three hours.

While I realize that this is a likely candidate for WP:DRV, I hope that editors will instead work towards creating a more lasting consensus - there seemed to be some support on both side for examining the use of the word "apartheid" in different countries in a new section of [[Crime of apartheid]].

smile.gif And if that section discussing different countries gets too long, it can be spun off into a separate article, leaving a summary behind. Now the only problem would be what to CALL that new article. mellow.gif

You know, after Israel finishes off that multi-layered fence system "barrier" that runs along the green line except where it deviates to chop Israeli settlements out of the West Bank, perhaps the Israeli West Bank barrier article can be folded into the Great Wall of China article. As they are both great walls, except in Israel, and both intended to keep the barbarians out, and now are used for tourism and fashion shows, except in the case of Israel. But not for apartheid, since nothing is being kept apart. In China. So, it could happen. biggrin.gif
guy
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Tue 15th July 2008, 1:29am) *

perhaps the Israeli West Bank barrier article can be folded into the Great Wall of China article.

Together with a debunking of the urban myth that the Great Wall can be seen from the Moon. And let's add Hadrian's Wall and the attempts being made along the US/Mexican border to keep out Mexicans.

Sarcasticidealist
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Mon 14th July 2008, 5:29pm) *
smile.gif And if that section discussing different countries gets too long, it can be spun off into a separate article, leaving a summary behind. Now the only problem would be what to CALL that new article. mellow.gif
Point taken. However, I'm hoping that the obligation to tie examples to the U.N.-defined "Crime of Apartheid" will keep things a little more, uh, concise than they were in the deleted article. That article included several forms of alleged apartheid having nothing to do with [[Crime of Apartheid]].
Giggy
"POV pushers are embarrising themselves, or maybe Sarcasticidealist is just that good"

How on earth could anyone come to that conclusion? tongue.gif
guy
QUOTE(Giggy @ Tue 15th July 2008, 9:58am) *

"POV pushers are embarrising themselves"

Fixed typo in topic title. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.