Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's happened
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > SlimVirgin
Derktar
QUOTE(that one guy @ Thu 17th July 2008, 6:31pm) *

It's only a proposal, but it's laying the groundwork.
that one guy
And about time someone did it.
gomi
While it's nice to hear it said "out loud", as it were, that post and about 4 bucks will buy you a latte, nothing more.

Systematic change on Wikipedia will take more than that, and Jayjg will go nuclear in favor of Slimey before they run her out of the place.
Shalom
This is foot-in-the-door persuasion. Kwsn's thinking is, if the Arbcom won't ban SlimVirgin, at least they'll desysop her.
LaraLove
QUOTE(that one guy @ Thu 17th July 2008, 9:31pm) *

Not going to happen. I like where Jehochman said "We don't ban good faith users, ..." Someone should introduce him to Poetlister, among others.
Messedrocker
QUOTE(LaraLove @ Thu 17th July 2008, 11:21pm) *

Not going to happen. I like where Jehochman said "We don't ban good faith users, ..." Someone should introduce him to Poetlister, among others.

People who write autobiographies are acting in good faith, and we ban them. dry.gif
everyking
QUOTE(LaraLove @ Fri 18th July 2008, 4:21am) *

Perhaps he should say shouldn't, rather than don't. Because good faith users most certainly do get banned. I myself spent two weeks under an ArbCom ban in 2006, and I can attest that I am a good faith user.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(everyking @ Thu 17th July 2008, 8:05pm) *

QUOTE(LaraLove @ Fri 18th July 2008, 4:21am) *

Perhaps he should say shouldn't, rather than don't. Because good faith users most certainly do get banned. I myself spent two weeks under an ArbCom ban in 2006, and I can attest that I am a good faith user.

Me too. Had I not had some admin I was in the middle of an interesting science conversation with at the time, and who wanted to finish and thus unblocked a really stupid indef block by somebody else--- I'd still be banned. Bastards.

BTW, the editor who originally blocked me, later ran into, er, disrepute. Bastards! mad.gif
that one guy
Quick question, does anyone else get the irony of MONGO calling someone arrogant?
DevilYouKnow
QUOTE(that one guy @ Sat 19th July 2008, 8:02am) *

Quick question, does anyone else get the irony of MONGO calling someone arrogant?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.