Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pederasty
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
Peter Damian
I looked William Percy's website where there is a copy of the Encyclopedia of Homosexuality (published in 1990 by Garland Inc., abruptly withdrawn in 1995 for what the editors call 'political correctness' reasons). The encyclopedia includes an article on Pederasty (by Warren Johansson, Gay Academic Union, New York City ) and on Pedophilia (by Joseph Geraci, Amsterdam ), plus an essay on Pederasty by David Thorstad (founder of NAMBLA - the essay is also on the NAMBLA website here).

These essays all provide a background to the activist campaign in Wikipedia to get pederasty recognised as the normative form of homosexuality, the history which forms the core of the history of homosexuality (Haiduc). Thorstad defines pederasty as "love between a man and a youth of 12 to 18 years of age", and argues that it means "liberation and empowerment of young people", and "the liberation of children, women, boy-lovers, and homosexuals in general"

Pederasty is the main form that male homosexuality has acquired throughout Western civilization - and not only in the West! Pederasty is inseparable from the high points of Western culture - ancient Greece and the Renaissance

The article on pederasty says that it is a relationship between the ages of 12 and 17.

Pederasty is the erotic relationship between an adult male and a boy, generally one between the ages of twelve and seventeen, in which the older partner is attracted to the younger one who returns his affection, whether or not the liaison leads to overt sexual contact. It is probably the most characteristic, if not normative, form of male homosexual relationship in the majority of human societies throughout history, though not in Western Europe and North America in modem times.

According to the article, the pederast cherishes the aristocratic ideal of being the lover and mentor of a promising youth, but instead he remains obliged to live in a furtive, clandestine, semi-criminal subculture, hiding his attachments with chance partners from the prying eyes of the neighbours and the police, who engage in questionable tactics to entrap the pederast for consensual behaviour under the artificially high "age of consent."

Modern society has yet to make the effort to understand the historical and phenomenological significance of pederasty as a mode of human behavior. Having accorded a grudging tolerance to androphilic homosexuality, public opinion would still deny it to the boy-lover, ostensibly in the interest of the younger partner. Although genuine ethical questions do arise, much confusion has stemmed from equating intergenerational sexual relations with child abuse per se and the latter with physical mistreatment and neglect.

"Child molestation" or "abuse," terms current in the media, and in psychological and legal discourse,are neither descriptive of the phenomenon, nor value-free, as academic discourse requires.

The article on pedophilia says

Much of the "research" that exists on pedophilia today reflects a predetermination that adult-child sexual contacts are evil or pathological, and merely documents the point of view with which the authors began.

Related to the question of legal rights for children is the issue of the child's consent in pedophile relationships.

Children can and do consent, or at least are quite capable of rejecting experiences they find distasteful, and that the proper response is to empower children to be able to say no effectively. This impasse raises the issue of what consent means - freedom to refuse, simple assent, or an "informed" consent that is probably not realized in most human relationships.

I was pleased to see there is also an article on Peter Damian who campaigned in the 11th century against corruption in the Roman Catholic church, and who wrote the book Liber Gomorrhianus, addressed to Pope Leo IX, in which he denounced "clerical sodomites".
Peter Damian
Paul Barlow has gone to FT2's talk page to complain about user Nocturnal Sleeper, complaining he is a sockpuppet of HeadleyDown.

I notice that you banned this user some while ago as a sockpuppet of HeadlyDowns. An new user has appeared editing the same pages, and adopting exactly the same Grand Condescending manner as Phdarts, using the name user:Nocturnalsleeper. Paul B (talk) 12:27, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=236223718

I need to check out NS's edits since I last worked with him, but my experience so far has been good. If FT2 blocks him there will be an UNHOLY row. Watch this space.

This

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=236164288

suggests he is a worthy editor (I don't care if he is a sockpuppet). His reference to the 'Oxford theory' is to an idea beloved by the crank community that Shakespeare was really the pederastic Edward de Vere, Earl of Oxford. I wrote a paper on this once, some years ago. If FT2 attempts a block here, as I said, nuclear warfare commences instantly.

Considering whether there is enough evidence in the edits to support looking further. If you have specific diffs you want me to look at, let me know. FT2 (Talk | email) 13:17, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:FT2"

'Enough evidence in the edits' would be, I suppose, that user NS has opposed the pro-pedophile activists who last time complained to him about Phdarts.
Peter Damian
No immediate evidence of being Phdarts (havent check in depth). Very likely to be a reincarnation of NewAladacia26 (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · block user · block log) though. As might anything from 1 to 95 other users be. This one will be a lot of work. I may hard-block the IP range due to the scale and hardened nature of it, combined with the topic. FT2 (Talk | email) 14:19, 4 September 2008 (UTC)

OK. It was his particular pov, his style of writing, mode of address and manner of argument that seemed close to me. Unfortunately such matters are rather difficult to document. Paul B (talk) 14:20, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:FT2"

How? NS makes frequent references to Shakespeare and Byron and his whole style and area of expertise (e.g. the 'Oxford theory' which is v obscure) suggests a humanities background. Phdarts by contrast seems to have a psychology degree. No matter, he is interfering with the important work of the pro-paedo editors and must be banned. Get those hard blocks out onto the range, FT2.

[edit] This one is funny

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=235964188

and this

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=235963571
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Thu 4th September 2008, 6:10am) *

Paul Barlow has gone to FT2's talk page to complain about user Nocturnal Sleeper, complaining he is a sockpuppet of HeadleyDown.

I notice that you banned this user some while ago as a sockpuppet of HeadlyDowns. An new user has appeared editing the same pages, and adopting exactly the same Grand Condescending manner as Phdarts, using the name user:Nocturnalsleeper. Paul B (talk) 12:27, 4 September 2008 (UTC)

I need to check out NS's edits since I last worked with him, but my experience so far has been good. If FT2 blocks him there will be an UNHOLY row. Watch this space.

HeadleyDown has a lot more articles in common with FT2 than Nocturnalsleeper or Phdarts. In fact the only articles that both NS and Phdarts have in common is Pederasty. They both edit in other areas from each other and don't overlap much at all. In fact, I only get a few hits comparing them both with my UK-ophile controls Gerard and Sceptre. I gather they're probably older. Phdarts seems interested in ethics unsure.gif , and Nocturnalsleeper in opioids. happy.gif
Peter Damian
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Thu 4th September 2008, 5:43pm) *

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Thu 4th September 2008, 6:10am) *

HeadleyDown has a lot more articles in common with FT2 than Nocturnalsleeper or Phdarts. In fact the only articles that both NS and Phdarts have in common is Pederasty. They both edit in other areas from each other and don't overlap much at all. In fact, I only get a few hits comparing them both with my UK-ophile controls Gerard and Sceptre. I gather they're probably older. Phdarts seems interested in ethics unsure.gif , and Nocturnalsleeper in opioids. happy.gif

Milton what is this miraculous machine you are using can I have one.

Yes, FT2 has already recognised that NS cannot be a Headley Sock but in any case (see his talk page) is going to block him for 'content' reasons. 'Content' being, opposing pro-pedophile activism.

Pederasty
You currently appear to be engaged in an edit war. Note that the three-revert rule prohibits making more than three reversions on a single page within a 24 hour period. Additionally, users who perform a large number of reversions in content disputes may be blocked for edit warring, even if they do not technically violate the three-revert rule. If you continue, you may be blocked from editing. Please do not repeatedly revert edits, but use the talk page to work towards wording and content that gains a consensus among editors. If necessary, pursue dispute resolution.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Nocturnalsleeper"
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Thu 4th September 2008, 9:51am) *

http://toolserver.org/~bjweeks/cgi-bin/wikistalk.py

You have to enter the names EXACTLY as they appear after user: in WP. That includes caps and spaces: Phdarts, Nocturnalsleeper. Thus, HeadleyDown works, but not Headley Down or Headleydown. Whenever you get nothing, that's a sign you probably entered something wrong. Add another name with a lot of edits everywhere like Everyking or Antandrus or (in this case for UK editors, David Gerard or Sceptre) to make sure you're picking up the user you're looking at.
Peter Damian
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Thu 4th September 2008, 6:06pm) *

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Thu 4th September 2008, 9:51am) *

http://toolserver.org/~bjweeks/cgi-bin/wikistalk.py

You have to enter the names EXACTLY as they appear after user: in WP. That includes caps and spaces: Phdarts, Nocturnalsleeper. Thus, HeadleyDown works, but not Headley Down or Headleydown. Whenever you get nothing, that's a sign you probably entered something wrong. Add another name with a lot of edits everywhere like Everyking or Antandrus or (in this case for UK editors, David Gerard or Sceptre) to make sure you're picking up the user you're looking at.

Thankyou Milton!
lolwut
I'm all for the removal of political correctness and whitewashing so that the balanced truth is being told in Wikipedia (fat chance), so that it is neutral and doesn't read like a scare story or something that would appease the views of a concerned parent. I'm quite content to hear alternative views to what the mainstream media pushes as acceptable.

Having said that, I have no respect for gay pedophiles whatsoever, and the fact that it took place in history doesn't justify it in the slightest... slavery took place in history too and anyone trying to justify that is looked upon as crazy. As a heterosexual male attracted to adult women, part of me just thinks "what the fuck is wrong with you?" with people who try to speak up for pederasty. When I overcome my own biases though, gay pedophiles are not evil. They're mentally ill... or are they? Homosexuality alone used to be classed as a mental illness in the Western world, and to what extent is the idea of mental illness just a social construct used to promote things that fit in with stable norms in a society?

Certainly though, I would say that gay pedophilia, or pedophilia of any kind for that matter, is not compatible with a stable society. Their sexual orientation is completely unacceptable because victims of pedophilia are often mentally scarred. That is never justifiable. I do not imagine that any child would want to consent either. When I was about 11 years old I had a man try to touch me in a toilet block when I was on holiday in Belgium. You know what I did? I shouted "FUCK YOU" at the top of my voice, and got really really angry, and I think I scared him off, although I've always had a tendency to do things like that because I either have Asperger's syndrome or something closely related. It's a hazy memory though.

Basically, TL;DR, those pedos shouldn't be inserting their views, unless in act of trolling, to generate laughs, because seeing Wikipedia admins get worked up amuses me, I'll be honest. I must admit that reading about HeadleyDown... that editor or group of editors seems to have an immense ability to, for real want of a better word, pwn the articles being worked on.
Peter Damian
QUOTE(ByAppointmentTo @ Fri 5th September 2008, 5:38pm) *

I'm all for the removal of political correctness and whitewashing so that the balanced truth is being told in Wikipedia (fat chance), so that it is neutral and doesn't read like a scare story or something that would appease the views of a concerned parent. I'm quite content to hear alternative views to what the mainstream media pushes as acceptable.

Having said that, I have no respect for gay pedophiles whatsoever, and the fact that it took place in history doesn't justify it in the slightest... slavery took place in history too and anyone trying to justify that is looked upon as crazy. As a heterosexual male attracted to adult women, part of me just thinks "what the fuck is wrong with you?" with people who try to speak up for pederasty. When I overcome my own biases though, gay pedophiles are not evil. They're mentally ill... or are they? Homosexuality alone used to be classed as a mental illness in the Western world, and to what extent is the idea of mental illness just a social construct used to promote things that fit in with stable norms in a society?

Certainly though, I would say that gay pedophilia, or pedophilia of any kind for that matter, is not compatible with a stable society. Their sexual orientation is completely unacceptable because victims of pedophilia are often mentally scarred. That is never justifiable. I do not imagine that any child would want to consent either. When I was about 11 years old I had a man try to touch me in a toilet block when I was on holiday in Belgium. You know what I did? I shouted "FUCK YOU" at the top of my voice, and got really really angry, and I think I scared him off, although I've always had a tendency to do things like that because I either have Asperger's syndrome or something closely related. It's a hazy memory though.

Basically, TL;DR, those pedos shouldn't be inserting their views, unless in act of trolling, to generate laughs, because seeing Wikipedia admins get worked up amuses me, I'll be honest. I must admit that reading about HeadleyDown... that editor or group of editors seems to have an immense ability to, for real want of a better word, pwn the articles being worked on.

Well the view that this particular group is pushing in Wikipedia is actually very interesting and intriguing. It is that the history of homosexuality is one and the same with the history of pederasty and that, by implication, there is a much closer connection between homosexuality and pedophilia than anyone would care to admit. If you think for long about this you will find yourself in places you should not be going.

However, while it is interesting, I don't think it is true. And in any case, it is so obviously original research that it should be utterly erased from Wikipedia.

On Headley, if you go through the edits of PhDarts, they are very amusing, managing to provoke the ire of paedos and admins alike. Recommended.
Selina
Pederasty should redirect to Paedophilia, with a SUBSECTION on when it was historically considered acceptable. The Pederasty article is used as a platform to differentiate sex with underage boys from paedophilia. "Girl love/rs" is the term paedophiles that prefer female children use for themselves, and it redirects properly. Pederasty does not...
Peter Damian
QUOTE(Selina @ Thu 11th September 2008, 9:05am) *

Pederasty should redirect to Paedophilia, with a SUBSECTION on when it was historically considered acceptable. The Pederasty article is used as a platform to differentiate sex with underage boys from paedophilia. "Girl love/rs" is the term paedophiles that prefer female children use for themselves, and it redirects properly. Pederasty does not...

I'm not sure there was any time or culture when it was considered acceptable. Most of the literature from classical Greek civilisation comes from the aristocratic class, who had different values and mores than other classes. There is some evidence (from the plays of Aristophanes, poking fun at the manners and values of the toffs) that ordinary Greeks thought much the same as we do.

Whatever, all this is speculation piled upon speculation, and it has no place in Wikipedia.
Ottava
QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Sat 26th July 2008, 6:42am) *

The article on pederasty says that it is a relationship between the ages of 12 and 17.

I swore that "pederasty" was pursuing those under 15, and that those from 15-18 had a different term.
Peter Damian
All of these terms are a kind of neologism originating with the paedophile liberation movement. The term 'pederast' was popularised by the paedophile apologist Warren Johansson. Paedophiles hate the term 'paedophile' because it has pejorative connotations, whereas 'pederast' sounds rather antique and quaint, a bit naughty, and is generally associated with aristocratic toffs prancing around Europe in the Romantic Era, so is OK. Similarly for 'Greek Love'.
The term you may be thinking of is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia, another word with an invented meaning.

See this excellent article

http://www.wikisposure.com/Pedospeak

Ottava
QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Sat 20th September 2008, 8:11am) *

All of these terms are a kind of neologism originating with the paedophile liberation movement. The term 'pederast' was popularised by the paedophile apologist Warren Johansson. Paedophiles hate the term 'paedophile' because it has pejorative connotations, whereas 'pederast' sounds rather antique and quaint, a bit naughty, and is generally associated with aristocratic toffs prancing around Europe in the Romantic Era, so is OK. Similarly for 'Greek Love'.
The term you may be thinking of is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia, another word with an invented meaning.

I think logic is operating in reverse, if you look at the above and the first post.

First, they want to express the "love". Well, the "phile" is all about the love, where a "pederest" has no definitional connotation.

But yeah, There is another descriptive for those who pursue those above 15, and I can't remember the term. It came out during the Mark Foley case, because its actually "more" socially acceptable (hence the "age of consent" laws). Byron fell into that category when he became too old to not justify intimacy with teens. However, Byron's relationships became far more pornographic in the imagination of the 20th century, so you can't tell exactly what he was.
Peter Damian
QUOTE(Ottava @ Sat 20th September 2008, 1:24pm) *

I think logic is operating in reverse, if you look at the above and the first post.

First, they want to express the "love". Well, the "phile" is all about the love, where a "pederest" has no definitional connotation.

But yeah, There is another descriptive for those who pursue those above 15, and I can't remember the term. It came out during the Mark Foley case, because its actually "more" socially acceptable (hence the "age of consent" laws). Byron fell into that category when he became too old to not justify intimacy with teens. However, Byron's relationships became far more pornographic in the imagination of the 20th century, so you can't tell exactly what he was.

What was the first post? Anyway, 'paedophile' strictly does mean someone afflicted with a sexual desire for young children, without necessarily acting upon or fulfilling the desire. 'Pederast' has no strict meaning, except, as I say, as a paedospeak term. They hate the term 'paedophile' because of its hate-speech connotation, so they invented the word 'pederast' (or rather, assigned a modern meaning to an old word).
Docknell
QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Sun 21st September 2008, 7:53am) *

QUOTE(Ottava @ Sat 20th September 2008, 1:24pm) *

What was the first post? Anyway, 'paedophile' strictly does mean someone afflicted with a sexual desire for young children, without necessarily acting upon or fulfilling the desire. 'Pederast' has no strict meaning, except, as I say, as a paedospeak term. They hate the term 'paedophile' because of its hate-speech connotation, so they invented the word 'pederast' (or rather, assigned a modern meaning to an old word).

This is the crux of the matter. I believe this is why Wales is so happy to work hand in hand with an NLP-bestiality promoter. Zoophilia is doublemeaning enough to allow all web-whacky furries into the nest. As soon as someone allows the article to be called bestiality, though, then all change.

Its written all over Wales' face. Sure, sex with a mickey mouse mask really turns me on!

Pederasty has a meaning that is fancy enough to inflate the anarchy meme he is working on. Schoolgirl/boy uniforms, upskirt bomis fantasies, nubile greek boy olympic cheerleaders are all fine in WPland.

Bludgeoningly obvious pedophilia (self-admitted pedophiles getting banned from WP) is a more clear cut issue. Easy to handle!

So regardless of how many homosexuals abhor pederasts and avoid the label, Wales will continue to allow its promotion.

If WP ever get around to identifying characteristics of pedophilic editing, then all the pro pederasty editors will be banned straight away.

Solution: Allow majority views primarily, even if it temporarily excludes (not downgrades) minority. Vote on any minority views getting in. Fringe should be excluded.

Currently, fringe faux academic are fine by Wales, even if they advocate extreme dismissal of duty of care.

Thats because Wales has the most obtuse view identification method known to man. (act on what people say they are, rather than what they do on WP)

Doc

Ottava
QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Sun 21st September 2008, 7:53am) *

The first post is the quote from "the Encyclopedia of Homosexuality".

I don't really know if any of these words have a strict meaning, as they are taboo related words, and people rarely use them enough to secure a definition. Could be the problem?

QUOTE(Docknell @ Sun 21st September 2008, 9:55am) *

Solution: Allow majority views primarily, even if it temporarily excludes (not downgrades) minority. Vote on any minority views getting in. Fringe should be excluded.

Currently, fringe faux academic are fine by Wales, even if they advocate extreme dismissal of duty of care.

Thats because Wales has the most obtuse view identification method known to man. (act on what people say they are, rather than what they do on WP)

Doc

Alternate solution - allow only publications from university presses to be used as sources on the issue. As far as I know, there are none (or extremely few) that would produce a work that would be deemed biased in favor of pedawhatever you really want to end it with.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.