Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gwernol COI case again
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Disillusioned Lackey
Dan Crow's COI Extravaganza

A couple of days ago, I pointed out a long-known fact, which I had discussed over email with Crow over a year ago, admonishing him. That he is a giant COI hypocrite. I noticed him beating people up again, and decided to report him.

Dan wrote his own vanity article[/url] about two years ago. He's admittedly an accomplished person, but he's just a mid-level manager at Google. Anyone who tries to AfD is swiftly kicked in the hiney by (surprise, surprise), Mr. "Ethics & Consistency" Hochman. Funny. I remember Hochman defending another big miscreant. Is this a yin or yang effect. Does the Hochman "smoke" follow the "horse" of miscreance, or is this an ex post facto Hochman-effect? You decide.

Specific Points

1. Dan Crow is Gwernol
This is not a privacy violation. He signs his name openly, as I will demonstrate.
  1. First of all, Dan Crow owns Gwernol.com
  2. Gwernol signs pictures he uploads as Dan Crow. (cached)
  3. Aboutus.com link to Gwernol.com with name of Dan Crow
  4. Google Directories Page linking “Gwernol”’s Artificial Intelligence entry with Gwernol/signed by Dan Crow
  5. Precedence over the famous singer - Amazingly, he gets top billing on Google, despite the Wikipedia name disambiguation. Is it that he's in charge of the search engine?
    Dan Crow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Dan Crow (computers), a computer scientist who was in charge of Google's web crawler ... What links here • Related changes • Upload file • Special pages ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Crow - 15k - Cached - Similar pages
    More results from en.wikipedia.org »

2. Dan Crow made three Wikipedia COI Articles
3. History of Dan's Bizarrely Hypocritical Anti-COI Crusade (to be added)

4. Latest Hypocrisy - Dan attacks IPTV
Ongoing IPTV Mediation case (open)

5. SPAS USED - note lead-lag time between Gwernol's editing and their contributions
  1. SPA Blurberati edit history
  2. SPA Indieglow history
  3. SPA LoremIpsum5 edit history
6. Picture he uploaded advertising his product
BookSmart

7. Official Report pages I created which were removed
Let's remember that this guy is the biggest, meanest Net-Nanny when it comes to COI, and is brutal in implementation. And this! Pff!

Disillusioned Lackey
GWERNOL's COI WATCHDOG FILES

[*] Half Dozen a Day COI Guy - Gwernol 07:59, 12 July 2008 (UTC). If you happen to have a webserver, MySQL, ...... I've found myself giving out up to half a dozen COI warnings a day now. ...
[*] About Boodles the Cat - Gwernol 17:21, 31 January 2008 (UTC). You have been blocked from editing for ...... One option is to designate a specific set of COI-affected editors who we ..
[*] Gwernol kicks IPTV off of Wikipedia (So what if it's a large company owned by the Lauder family? Gwernol says COI, Gwernol is right)- This link was deleted by Gwernol on the basis that it was a COI. As I have written extensively on this subject, and am very active in standards development, ... (and blah blah blah) Wikipedia:Mediation Cabal/Cases/2008-07-18 IPTV
[*] Don't Ever Write About Where You Work! - User talk:Eli Falk - The UCSC Wikipedia Trust Project
Best, Gwernol 17:34, 5 December 2006 (UTC) .... By the way, about writing an article about a school where you teach, I'd recommend looking at WP:COI. ..
[*] Gwernol, Telling it Like it Is - User talk:Ryan Keyes - The UCSC Wikipedia Trust Project
Best, Gwernol 03:31, 3 February 2007 (UTC) ... help editors create articles or resolve disputes some of the ones I recommend you read are WP:COI WP:RS WP:N ..
[*] Bagging on Bagley with COI - The Wikipedia Review > JzG: Wikipedia Review superfan
Bagley went to WP with COI proof. Unfortunately for him it was proof against the ..... FeloniousMonk, Gwernol, JustZisGuy, KillerChihuahua, and SlimVirgin. ...
[*] Gwernol Advises - User talk:Gnif global - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gwernol, if I find an peer-reviewed article from a blog, ... There's also the WP:COI issue; you shouldn't add your own work or group's work, rather suggest ...
[*] Gwernol Keeps it Clean - Wikipedia:WikiProject Deletion sorting/Radio - Wikipedia, the free ...
Procedural nomination Gwernol 09:34, 12 July 2008 (UTC) .... The article is written by the club historian, hence a WP:COI problem.
[url=http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:NobilityPublishing]
Gwernol Says "Dont Write About Your Own Company"[/url] - User talk:NobilityPublishing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Thank you, Gwernol 23:55, 23 July 2008 (UTC) ... Finally, you shouldn't be composing the article about your own company, see WP:COI. ...
[*] Gwernol 01:51, 12 May 2007 (UTC). Delete - It's not that notable of a game. ...... I also suggest that it falls under WP:COI, or WP:OR if you assume good ...
[*] Non-notable, no reliable sources, violates WP:AUTO and WP:COI. ...... Gwernol 19:49, 31 March 2007 (UTC); Delete not on the grounds of the poetry being bad, ...
[/list]
Jon Awbrey
DIL, there appears to be a missing link to that "vanity article" …

Jon cool.gif

QUOTE(Disillusioned Lackey @ Sun 27th July 2008, 6:25pm) *

Dan Crow's COI Extravaganza

A couple of days ago, I pointed out a long-known fact, which I had discussed over email with Crow over a year ago, admonishing him. That he is a giant COI hypocrite. I noticed him beating people up again, and decided to report him.

Dan wrote his own vanity article[/url] about two years ago. He's admittedly an accomplished person, but he's just a mid-level manager at Google. Anyone who tries to AfD is swiftly kicked in the hiney by (surprise, surprise), Mr. "Ethics & Consistency" Hochman. Funny. I remember Hochman defending another big miscreant. Is this a yin or yang effect. Does the Hochman "smoke" follow the "horse" of miscreance, or is this an ex post facto Hochman-effect? You decide.

Specific Points

1. Dan Crow is Gwernol
This is not a privacy violation. He signs his name openly, as I will demonstrate.
  1. First of all, Dan Crow owns Gwernol.com
  2. Gwernol signs pictures he uploads as Dan Crow. (cached)
  3. Aboutus.com link to Gwernol.com with name of Dan Crow
  4. Google Directories Page linking “Gwernol”’s Artificial Intelligence entry with Gwernol/signed by Dan Crow
  5. Precedence over the famous singer - Amazingly, he gets top billing on Google, despite the Wikipedia name disambiguation. Is it that he's in charge of the search engine?
    Dan Crow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Dan Crow (computers), a computer scientist who was in charge of Google's web crawler ... What links here • Related changes • Upload file • Special pages ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Crow - 15k - Cached - Similar pages
    More results from en.wikipedia.org »

2. Dan Crow made three Wikipedia COI Articles
3. History of Dan's Bizarrely Hypocritical Anti-COI Crusade (to be added)

4. Latest Hypocrisy - Dan attacks IPTV
Ongoing IPTV Mediation case (open)

5. SPAS USED - note lead-lag time between Gwernol's editing and their contributions
  1. SPA Blurberati edit history
  2. SPA Indieglow history
  3. SPA LoremIpsum5 edit history
6. Picture he uploaded advertising his product
BookSmart

7. Official Report pages I created which were removed
Let's remember that this guy is the biggest, meanest Net-Nanny when it comes to COI, and is brutal in implementation. And this! Pff!

Disillusioned Lackey
QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Sat 2nd August 2008, 7:30am) *

Jon cool.gif

Um. No. There are three articles. I put many links, but figured you wouldn't have trouble discerning the man's name, company and product. Someone changed the disambiguation on his name, so if you cut and paste, you might not find it, but the link is just fine. You aren't stumping for another AI guy are you? happy.gif

If you are complaining about the COI or ANI that Hochman nuked (and then put his new mentorees Cahill and Fritzpoll - who he's proposing for adminiship - on "Gwernol's vanity article babysitting duty") then I'm sorry, but you can go chase them down yourself, please! cool.gif I did my duty. Go for it, if you will. What links are missing? The evidence? I have screenshots if so. I would expect him to erase stuff. He is, after all, the Google searchengine manager. He has a God complex.

QUOTE(Disillusioned Lackey @ Sun 27th July 2008, 4:25pm) *

2. Dan Crow made three Wikipedia COI Articles [/b][list]
[*]About himself - Dan Crow (computers) - history
[*]About his company - Blurb Inc. - history
[*]About his company's product - Booksmart - history

Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(Disillusioned Lackey @ Sun 3rd August 2008, 12:48am) *

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Sat 2nd August 2008, 7:30am) *

Jon cool.gif

Um. No. There are three articles. I put many links, but figured you wouldn't have trouble discerning the man's name, company and product. Someone changed the disambiguation on his name, so if you cut and paste, you might not find it, but the link is just fine.

You aren't stumping for another AI guy are you? happy.gif

I was just assuming that the following fragment meant that you meant to have a link on "vanity article"

Dan wrote his own vanity article[/url]

If you can't be bothered to read your own texts, then I can't be bothered to read them either.

Sadly, you can't go back and fix whateva, 'cuz —

…………………………

It's In The Pot …

Three Days Old !!!
…………………………

Jon cool.gif
Disillusioned Lackey
Gosh, I'm sorry I didn't link the words "vanity article", and that it was confusing for you. rolleyes.gif

He wrote THREE VANITY ARTICLES, and there are links to it. CLEAR LINKS TO THE ARTICLES.

As for the COI Case, and ANI case - if the links are broken, it's because JeH erased them. I'm not his mommy (though dear God, he needs one), so I'm not chasing them down, again. They can be found by chasing down his history of contributions.

I did that work, and I didn't see you running over there to defend it Jon, so please,

1. Read the articles
2. Read the evidence
3. Go re-do the COI ANI or whatever else, or have someone else do it.

You go boy! cool.gif
One
Some time ago, I came to a snap conclusion that COI was only invoked against an admin's ideological enemies, but I rejected the notion since it seemed too nakedly crass.

I was right to begin with, and "double standard" doesn't do the disparity justice. Disfavored editors can be hounded out of topics with credible noise to have them topic banned if they don't back down--often based only upon weak assumptions of COI. Entrenched admin conflicts are not only tolerated, but they are often granted ownership over the precise topics they have a conflict over.
Disillusioned Lackey
yeah, but there's a few outrageous examples. Crow and Elonka being the worst.

Though I think they took her Dad's page down. Imagine she was this COI maven and she'd written articles about herself, her parents and I think her husband.

I dont really care, and wasnt involved, but it is typical of how ridiculous these people are.
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(Disillusioned Lackey @ Sun 3rd August 2008, 1:03am) *

You go boy! cool.gif

You go bugger yerself …

Jon cool.gif
Disillusioned Lackey
Charming, as always. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.