When a user is queried in checkuser, his IPs are displayed with a note
indicating if that IP is currently blocked (either directly or by a range
block).

There should also be a note indicating if that IP has ever previously been
blocked (either directly or a range block). Often times, the same IP may be
blocked over-and-over with short-term blocks when a long-term block would be
preferable.

Jon Awbrey
When will those Turkies ever develop the minimal self-awareness and personal honesty to φess↑ and admit that they really do care a helluva lot more about Who Writ Wot than Wot Who Writ?

It would really save us all a heap o' grief if'n they did.

Jon cool.gif
Gold heart
QUOTE(Taxwoman @ Sat 16th August 2008, 4:06pm) *

https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=14979
When a user is queried in checkuser, his IPs are displayed with a note
indicating if that IP is currently blocked (either directly or by a range
block).

There should also be a note indicating if that IP has ever previously been
blocked (either directly or a range block). Often times, the same IP may be
blocked over-and-over with short-term blocks when a long-term block would be
preferable.

Is this an improvement?

Range blocks are usually implemented by paranoid admins due to the terrible affliction of sockophobia. It serves a purpose to blame WP's ailments on socks, the "big bad wolf syndrome". Too little too late. wacko.gif

PS, not editing much lately due to multi-spinal-fractures from fall doing some charity work. Slowly on the mend. smile.gif
Lar
QUOTE(Gold heart @ Sun 17th August 2008, 10:13am) *

PS, not editing much lately due to multi-spinal-fractures from fall doing some charity work. Slowly on the mend. smile.gif

We disagree on much. But I suspect you and I will agree with the hope for your speedy recovery.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Gold heart @ Sun 17th August 2008, 7:13am) *

Proof that no good deed goes unpunished. If you're up there in Ireland you doubtlessly need vitamin D while healing from fractures. Your doctors, who probably aren't naturopaths, will not suggest this. Buy some, take it (unless you have kidney stones), and hang in there.

Best Wishes.

MR
Yehudi
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sun 17th August 2008, 4:34pm) *

If you're up there in Ireland you doubtlessly need vitamin D while healing from fractures.

And calcium. I send you the traditional Hebrew greeting Refuah shelemah (may you have a perfect healing).
Gold heart
QUOTE(Lar @ Sun 17th August 2008, 3:25pm) *

We disagree on much. But I suspect you and I will agree with the hope for your speedy recovery.

Sometimes I do Devil's advocate, and like you I used to love WP. British/Irish disputes eventually turned me out of the place. I still think Wikipedia is doomed as a true/neutral/trustworthy encyclopaedia. Sad, since so much effort has gone into it.

Proof that no good deed goes unpunished. If you're up there in Ireland you doubtlessly need vitamin D while healing from fractures. Your doctors, who probably aren't naturopaths, will not suggest this. Buy some, take it (unless you have kidney stones), and hang in there.

Best Wishes.

MR

I do practice naturopathy on and off, and no doubt it has helped me endure my fall onto sharp objects in an empty swimming-pool. Kidney got a right bust up too. I have seen naturopathy cure the big-C, and it's an instant remedy for heart failure. I could write books about it. The medical profession won't practice it for it would change the whole nature of medicine.
QUOTE(Yehudi @ Sun 17th August 2008, 5:37pm) *

And calcium. I send you the traditional Hebrew greeting Refuah shelemah (may you have a perfect healing).

I think Guinness has some calcium, Cheers/Slainte. smile.gif

Thanks everyone, got the all clear today, nothing longterm, maybe a brace, will know next week. rolleyes.gif
KStreetSlave
QUOTE(Yehudi @ Sun 17th August 2008, 12:37pm) *

If you're up there in Ireland you doubtlessly need vitamin D while healing from fractures.

I thought it was Mi sheberach? That's always what was said at my shul (Incidentally, the prayer we would use says both Mi sheberach and refuah shelemah. I can barely transliterate hebrew, let alone translate, so I have no idea what the difference is).
Yehudi
QUOTE(KStreetSlave @ Tue 19th August 2008, 12:22am) *

I thought it was Mi sheberach? That's always what was said at my shul (Incidentally, the prayer we would use says both Mi sheberach and refuah shelemah. I can barely transliterate hebrew, let alone translate, so I have no idea what the difference is).

Mi sheberach means "He who blessed", and is the opening of several prayers, for example for someone who is about to get married or who has just had a baby. The phrase refuah shelemah is of course only used in the one for a sick person.
Jon Awbrey
I have to run off and do some errants right now, but I've been meaning to return to this point in the thread, as I think that we observe here one of the deepest cracks in the foundation of Wikipediot fun-dementalism, one of the reigning hypocracies in the whole mindset of Wikipedism.

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Sat 16th August 2008, 11:13am) *

When will those Turkies ever develop the minimal self-awareness and personal honesty to φess↑ and admit that they really do care a helluva lot more about Who Writ Wot than Wot Who Writ?

It would really save us all a heap o' grief if'n they did.

Jon cool.gif

Later …

Jon cool.gif
KStreetSlave
QUOTE(Yehudi @ Tue 19th August 2008, 1:52am) *

QUOTE(KStreetSlave @ Tue 19th August 2008, 12:22am) *

Mi sheberach means "He who blessed", and is the opening of several prayers, for example for someone who is about to get married or who has just had a baby. The phrase refuah shelemah is of course only used in the one for a sick person.

Thanks. I didn't pay attention to pretty much anything in hebrew school, and stopped going at around 15.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.