Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Association of Editors' advocates...What is this?
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Carruthers
I guess other people are starting to see the problems as well : Association of Editors' Advocates

I can't find any names. What is this?
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(Carruthers @ Tue 19th August 2008, 9:07am) *

I guess other people are starting to see the problems as well : Association of Editors' Advocates

BTDT

Yet Another Scam A La WikiAbuse.Com (WAC) And Wik.My.Bak For Collecting Names And Locations Of Dissidents —

Run, You Fools!

Jon cool.gif
Jon Awbrey
And what the hell is a VNDV domain tag?

WhoIs doesn't know anything about it.

Jon cool.gif
Adam Smithee
QUOTE(Carruthers @ Tue 19th August 2008, 1:07pm) *

If I had to guess, I would say that it is an external continuation of the defunct AMA. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see former members of that group pop up on the bio page if that site ever gets updated.

Those with a vested interest in seeing Wikipedia fail should rejoice; it is overly bureaucratic wikilawyering that cripples Wikipedia from making the sort of changes it needs to make to become respectible, and to some extent enables the people doing the most harm to it internally to continue.

Gold heart
QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Tue 19th August 2008, 3:04pm) *

Jon cool.gif

VNDV is a free-hosting service.

Doesn't quite appear to be the ticket, a bit of a wind-up, I guess.

Although the idea is pretty progressive, and was discussed here on Wikipedia-Review some weeks ago. What next? An editors strike! ohmy.gif
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(Gold heart @ Tue 19th August 2008, 10:18am) *

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Tue 19th August 2008, 3:04pm) *

Jon cool.gif

VNDV is a free-hosting service.

Doesn't quite appear to be the ticket, a bit of a wind-up, I guess.

Although the idea is pretty progressive, and was discussed here on Wikipedia-Review some weeks ago. What next? An editors strike! ohmy.gif

Okay, found it, owned by GoDaddy, but whatever the page was appears to have disapparated already.

Yeah, you're Pre-Pub-Escent Wiki-Populists don't know a Joe Hill o' Beans about Real Populism.

"Don't waste time mourning, organize!"

Jon cool.gif
GlassBeadGame
Unionization is not quit the appropriate model because to quote Pogo:

QUOTE(Pogo@Sunday Funnies)

We have meet the enemy and he is us.

It is the unusual situation where a strike solves the problem and a settlement undoes the solution.
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Tue 19th August 2008, 10:46am) *

Unionization is not quite the appropriate model because to quote Pogo:

QUOTE(Pogo@Sunday Funnies)

We have meet the enemy and he is us.

It is the unusual situation where a strike solves the problem and a settlement undoes the solution.

Nope, I don't believe in spontaneous disgustion. The unseen hand of the confidence man is visible to those who have eyes — though it does take a pail of cold water in the face every now and then

Job 1 cool.gif
Carruthers

Somebody on ANI asks "Same person as last time?"

And Thatcher replies :

I'm sure they will be just as effective as before. Thatcher 13:45, 19 August 2008 (UTC)

Okay, which last time and who are they talking about?
thekohser
QUOTE(Carruthers @ Tue 19th August 2008, 3:14pm) *

Somebody on ANI asks "Same person as last time?"

And Thatcher replies :

I'm sure they will be just as effective as before. Thatcher 13:45, 19 August 2008 (UTC)

Okay, which last time and who are they talking about?

I think it could be my conversational pal, Alex Roshuk, the "other" New York attorney. He founded the first AMA, quit Wikipedia when Brad Patrick made it a non-membership organization, and he hates Jimbo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.