Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: See no evil, hear no evil ...
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Jayjg
gomi
Jayjg wasn't pleased with Cla68's calm reply to Jay's various BADSITES rants plastered all over WP:ANI, attacking Lar, Cla, and everyone else in sight.

Yes, we are the devil, in his eyes.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(gomi @ Mon 6th October 2008, 10:39pm) *

Jayjg wasn't pleased with Cla68's calm reply to Jay's various BADSITES rants plastered all over WP:ANI, attacking Lar, Cla, and everyone else in sight.

Yes, we are the devil, in his eyes.

Yes! It's true, you know.
Somey
Apparently we're working ourselves up into a frenzy over this.

My mouth is foaming at this very moment!

Hang on, that was just the new toothpaste I bought for "tartar control."

It's minty-fresh! smiling.gif
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 6th October 2008, 11:03pm) *

Apparently we're working ourselves up into a frenzy over this.

My mouth is foaming at this very moment!

Hang on, that was just the new toothpaste I bought for "tartar control."

It's minty-fresh! smile.gif

Uh oh, somebody had to go and tickle my funnybone on that very ANI thread and bring up WP:NOTBATTLEGROUND.

Ah-ha. Ah-ho! Ah-hhehhhehheeee!! smile.gif biggrin.gif

Just say it again and again, and it will surely be so! Assert it forcefully! Assert it manfully! Assert it like you mean to insert it. unsure.gif

All the things confidently spelled out as not being so at WP, in that section, are actually the things which practically define the politics of Wikipedia in reality. We all know it. The worst admins there know it (especially the worst).

Yeah, we at WR are not out to build an encyclopedia, Jayjg. We're just here to point out the flat out lies, when you claim YOU are.
Jon Awbrey
Did you happen to notice how:

WIKIPEDIA : NOTBATTLEGROUND

is an acronym of:

WE NAB APT LEGO KID : TURN IDIOT

Didya?

Jon cool.gif
Piperdown
Will and Jay really need to do a better job on their soopersekretlists of coordinating each others' "got my back?" overthetoppers on the battleground.

Will's morphed into Tony Sidaway and Jay's relegated to the debating skills of an angry 12 year old.
cyofee
Jay's relegated to the debating skills of an angry 12 year old.

He's lost most of his power, he can't use his usual style anymore.
Heat
QUOTE(cyofee @ Tue 7th October 2008, 2:26pm) *

Jay's relegated to the debating skills of an angry 12 year old.

He's lost most of his power, he can't use his usual style anymore.

He's starting to get sloppy again.
EricBarbour
Jesus, can't anyone get a little torqued about this? Jay is "alleged" to be an "administrator" of some high level. Yet here he is, being a snotty little boy, and censoring his own talk page of all mention of WR.

If WP were a "real" nonprofit charitable institution, they would show Jay the door, for violating some or other official policy. There's GOT to be a rule he just violated, apart from the 1st Amendment.....

When will they just give in to their baser impulses, and make an official policy out of "Wikipedia does not permit free speech"? Don't forget this classic.
Heat
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sun 9th November 2008, 2:19am) *

Jesus, can't anyone get a little torqued about this? Jay is "alleged" to be an "administrator" of some high level. Yet here he is, being a snotty little boy, and censoring his own talk page of all mention of WR.

If WP were a "real" nonprofit charitable institution, they would show Jay the door, for violating some or other official policy. There's GOT to be a rule he just violated, apart from the 1st Amendment.....

When will they just give in to their baser impulses, and make an official policy out of "Wikipedia does not permit free speech"? Don't forget this classic.

It'll take more than snottyness to get Jayjg booted though someone should compile examples of his chronic incivility and open an ArbComm case or at least an RFC.
Somey
It's possible that he didn't want to answer Cla68's question about protecting pages in his own user-space because he actually had done that once, 3 years ago, when he protected his page on the Jews did Apartheid editor, which he then moved to Disruptive Apartheid editor, presumably because he didn't want to add more Google-juice to the "meme."

I didn't see anything else of his in the protection logs... And of course, they have special mailing lists for that sort of thing now.

He's always been unusually censorious of his own talk page, so it's hard to get particularly worked up over any given incident when there have been so many... But hey, that's one of the things we love about him!
Ottava
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sun 9th November 2008, 2:19am) *

and censoring his own talk page of all mention of WR.

I take it that you disagree with Wikipedia policy that allows you to delete content from your own talk page?

Administrators on WR seem to think that its appropriate to delete user's posts, so is it not a double standard for the same administrators to start such a thread on cleaning out a talk page, even though the history allows anyone to see it if they so choose?

Of course, but I doubt that would really matter.
Somey
QUOTE(Ottava @ Sun 9th November 2008, 1:31am) *
Administrators on WR seem to think that its appropriate to delete user's posts, so is it not a double standard for the same administrators to start such a thread on cleaning out a talk page, even though the history allows anyone to see it if they so choose?

It's more of a triple-standard. In other words, we think it's appropriate to delete your posts, which we do mostly to prevent you from embarrassing yourself, but everyone else pretty much gets a free pass. Then there's the other standard for Jayjg, which makes three!

Of course, if Jayjg were to get the kind of ridiculous claptrap that you've been posting here on his talk page, such as, "You are either contributing to the consensus, or you have no say. There are two choices," he'd delete that too.
dtobias
QUOTE(Somey @ Sun 9th November 2008, 11:28am) *

It's more of a triple-standard.

Perhaps the traditional "verb conjugation" thing applies...

I tidy up my talk page by removing irrelevant and counterproductive things, including trolling from people who ought to be banned.

You are being unfair to people with opposing viewpoints due to your hair-trigger deletion of things you prefer not to see. Please try to be more thoughtful in the future.

He/She/They are evil censors, pushing their POV by suppressing opposition... ban them!
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(dtobias @ Sun 9th November 2008, 11:42am) *

QUOTE(Somey @ Sun 9th November 2008, 11:28am) *

It's more of a triple-standard.

Perhaps the traditional "verb conjugation" thing applies...

I tidy up my talk page by removing irrelevant and counterproductive things, including trolling from people who ought to be banned.

You are being unfair to people with opposing viewpoints due to your hair-trigger deletion of things you prefer not to see. Please try to be more thoughtful in the future.

He/She/They are evil censors, pushing their POV by suppressing opposition... ban them!

...and of course let's not forget the informal you reserved for friends and puppets, which enjoys the same privileges as I.
Piperdown
what Jayjg has really taught us all in his infinite wisdom is that Consensus Is Important.

Always get the consensus of your meatpuppet team, with watches syncrhonised, before stacking the deck on an article by lobbying your meatpuppets via email first, making sure they

"got your back"

before going in all admin-commando style to defeat your commiepinkolarouchestalkernaziantisemitevandalpovwarriors enemies, and hear the lamentations of their sock puppets.
Cla68
QUOTE(Piperdown @ Sun 9th November 2008, 5:31pm) *

what Jayjg has really taught us all in his infinite wisdom is that Consensus Is Important.

Always get the consensus of your meatpuppet team, with watches syncrhonised, before stacking the deck on an article by lobbying your meatpuppets via email first, making sure they

"got your back"

before going in all admin-commando style to defeat your commiepinkolarouchestalkernaziantisemitevandalpovwarriors enemies, and hear the lamentations of their sock puppets.

I still get a kick out of reading these posts by Jayjg on Wikien where he, along with JzG, was trying to spin the "Sekret" mailing list fiasco, until Risker threw some cold water in their faces. Jayjg went immediately silent after that for several hours. Things have been different since then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.