Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MindSpillage
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > David Gerard
Lir
I talked to her (I guess she is a devious ArbCoMer); yep, so thats about all I have to say. She mentioned something about my work on Unencyclopedia, which is fairly interesting, since I don't use Unencyclopedia (not that anyone would believe me). Why, just the other day, someone contacted my by Yahoo! to tell me about how David Gerard is stalking them on Unencyclopedia, and I guess the paranoid champ is convinced someone else is me (its not the first time the cabal has ignored the burden of proof); does anyone know anything about this, what am I supposedly doing there?
blissyu2
David Gerard is more at home on Uncyclopaedia than Wikipedia. Sometimes he forgets which is which!

Perhaps them saying that David Gerard was stalking you there meant the opposite. Perhaps it meant that you don't have an account!
Lir
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Tue 14th March 2006, 2:04am) *

Perhaps it meant that you don't have an account!

No, two people now have referred to my edits there; someone there is either pretending to be me, or getting mistaken for me. Supposedly, I heard, they are funny - I am not.
nobs
I was gonna ask her if she ever soloed for the Prelude to Act II of Siefried, but I thought that might be an unfair attempt to influence the process. Now it appears her politics are fucked up at worst, if not naive at best.
Lir
I noticed that she is a Libertarian, which is too bad; is everyone on the Wikimedia board a Libertarian? Its a very minority political group in the United States, sort of like Scientology, but it seems Wikipedia is dominated by them. For example, if you consider most of the pro-Wikipedia people who come here to troll our board, they often tend to be "anarcho-capitalist" Libertarians.
Golbez
QUOTE(Lir @ Tue 14th March 2006, 5:58pm) *

I noticed that she is a Libertarian, which is too bad; is everyone on the Wikimedia board a Libertarian? Its a very minority political group in the United States, sort of like Scientology, but it seems Wikipedia is dominated by them. For example, if you consider most of the pro-Wikipedia people who come here to troll our board, they often tend to be "anarcho-capitalist" Libertarians.

Thank you. rolleyes.gif
guy
We must distinguish between Libertarians with a capital L and libertarians with a small l. The latter means either "an advocate of liberty" or "a believer in free will". I am both of the latter, as I expect are many other people here.
Lir
QUOTE(guy @ Tue 14th March 2006, 5:16pm) *

We must distinguish between Libertarians with a capital L and libertarians with a small l. The latter means either "an advocate of liberty" or "a believer in free will". I am both of the latter, as I expect are many other people here.

In politics, people looove to hijack terms; sadly, Libertarians are not libertarians. Did you know they advocate "no laws" in outer space? Wow, can anyone say, "slave labor on Mars"?
Golbez
QUOTE(Lir @ Tue 14th March 2006, 7:04pm) *

In politics, people looove to hijack terms; sadly, Libertarians are not libertarians. Did you know they advocate "no laws" in outer space? Wow, can anyone say, "slave labor on Mars"?

Golly!

Wait, doesn't this cosecant belong in the lounge?
Lir
QUOTE(Golbez @ Tue 14th March 2006, 10:23pm) *

Wait, doesn't this belong in the lounge?

No, a criticism of Libertarians is a valid criticism of Wikipedia; because, it is dominated by Libertarians.
Golbez
QUOTE(Lir @ Tue 14th March 2006, 11:34pm) *

No, a criticism of Libertarians is a valid criticism of Wikipedia; because, it is dominated by Libertarians.

Democracy in action.
Lir
QUOTE(Golbez @ Tue 14th March 2006, 10:37pm) *

Democracy in action.

Libertarians are a minority, even on the Wikipedia I suspect.
blissyu2
Wow. Seems like we are talking about politics a lot.

By the way, can we get some kind of an announcement about the change of name for the forum. I know, I kind of suggested it, but I still think we should let everyone know what's going on.
guy
QUOTE(Lir @ Wed 15th March 2006, 4:47am) *

Libertarians are a minority, even on the Wikipedia I suspect.

Wikipedia is not a democracy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.