Full Version: Admin watch
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Peter Damian
Apologies if this is already on another thread

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Tony1/AdminWatch

The talk page is quite funny
Kato
That Tony1 (T-C-L-K-R-D) guy is a real ballbreaker but he demands respect, even from WP critics.

He doesn't give a crap about who he pisses off, because he usually seems to be in the right, and there is nothing the mandarins of Wikipedia can do about it. He's one of the only people at WP you would actually want on your staff if you were creating a credible Encyclopedia, and hence one of the only people who will not be railroaded.

I hope he causes a real stink, for the entertainment value alone.
Son of a Yeti
QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Wed 3rd December 2008, 10:06am) *

Apologies if this is already on another thread

The talk page is quite funny

Horror of horrors! What if he succeeds?

Can you imagine Wikipedia without wheel wars and rogue admins?
Kato
Despite a bunch of admins (led by that rather sinister busy-body MBisanz (T-C-L-K-R-D) ) trying to strangle Tony1's admin-watch scheme at birth, Tony is still beavering away at refining his project.

As I've said before, if anyone can pull something like this off, that Tony1 guy is surely the most likely. He seems completely different to your average Wikipedio. Shame he hasn't become a critic yet, because we could do with someone like him on our squad.

Peter Damian
QUOTE(Kato @ Mon 29th December 2008, 4:19pm) *

Despite a bunch of admins (led by that rather sinister busy-body MBisanz (T-C-L-K-R-D) ) trying to strangle Tony1's admin-watch scheme at birth, Tony is still beavering away at refining his project.

As I've said before, if anyone can pull something like this off, that Tony1 guy is surely the most likely. He seems completely different to your average Wikipedio. Shame he hasn't become a critic yet, because we could do with someone like him on our squad.

Tony is a good guy who has been with the project some time. He is professional copy writer and really cares about the quality of the writing that goes into articles. Also (if I remember right) he has something on his user page about not giving a f--- about being an admin.
Basil
QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Mon 29th December 2008, 5:24pm) *

Tony is a good guy who has been with the project some time. He is professional copy writer and really cares about the quality of the writing that goes into articles. Also (if I remember right) he has something on his user page about not giving a f--- about being an admin.

I expect that will have something to do with this.
Obesity
QUOTE(Basil @ Mon 29th December 2008, 5:45pm) *

That was more than 3 years ago, and I suspect his RfA has very little to do with Tony's unwillingness to be promoted to administrator (which many have begged him to seek since then).

Tony is the project's preeminent style guru and a professional writer; he has been burned far too often by administrators who do not appreciate, understand or support the content creators with whom he works most closely.

So I doubt he feels sore about an unsuccessful RfA 3 years ago; if anything, I suspect it has more to do with his being needlessly blocked a month or two ago. More than that, though, I think Tony has simply witnessed an unacceptable amount of abuse of editors at the hands of incompetent and unhelpful administrators over several years. Apparently, he wishes to document these abuses, independent from the tiresome, moronic circus that is AN/I, which is populated and run by the very abusive figures it purports to monitor (as a side complaint, do we *really* need JzG to compulsively respond to every complaint with the childish and mocking chant of "ZOMG admin abuse". Guy, that wasn't funny the first, fortieth, or four hundredth time).

I think it's Admin Watch is a great idea, as long as it's run by Tony.
Eva Destruction
QUOTE(Basil @ Mon 29th December 2008, 10:45pm) *

That is brilliant – like Wikipedia's version of a "where are they now?" feature.
Kato
Scroll down the deletion debate page for Tony's comments last week, which are worth a read. He deftly tears the opposing arguments apart one by one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Mis...ony1/AdminWatch

QUOTE(Tony1)
Comments by Tony1:

* It is extraordinary that a process for the independent scrutiny of admin actions in relation to the policy guidelines is sufficiently threatening to attract two attempts in one day by admins to derail it.
read on...
Queeran
Hey look - they had a nice pile-on on WP:ANI, followed by starting to ban people from wikipedia merely for contributing to this one. Guess it fails for the same reason anything else fails, you have to get anything with a prayer of sanctioning admins for abuse past the rest of the abusive shits. Front and center on the block, the ever-abusive dickweed JzG, and following up the equally malicious jpgordon, with an assist from Tanthalas39, who first says no policy is being breached, then comes back and declines the unblock anyways. I wonder who sent him a nice threatening, private email saying "you'd better be on board or I'll cause you trouble" - just the sort of shithead move JzG always pulls and everyone lets him get away with.

And of course, they're in full abuse mode now...
LessHorrid vanU
QUOTE(Queeran @ Fri 2nd January 2009, 7:47pm) *

Hey look - they had a nice pile-on on WP:ANI, followed by starting to ban people from wikipedia merely for contributing to this one. Guess it fails for the same reason anything else fails, you have to get anything with a prayer of sanctioning admins for abuse past the rest of the abusive shits. Front and center on the block, the ever-abusive dickweed JzG, and following up the equally malicious jpgordon, with an assist from Tanthalas39, who first says no policy is being breached, then comes back and declines the unblock anyways. I wonder who sent him a nice threatening, private email saying "you'd better be on board or I'll cause you trouble" - just the sort of shithead move JzG always pulls and everyone lets him get away with.

And of course, they're in full abuse mode now...

I think Admin Watch has a better chance of being a useful resource without the likes of WhoWatches taking instances out of the blue and saying, "See, ADMIN ABUSE!!!" He did it with me as an example, and he wouldn't listen to any response and just re-iterated a couple of misconceptions regarding admin judgement and said me doing otherwise was abuse. Also, he didn't notify me that he was using an action of mine as an example, someone else let me know, but when he was being discussed at ANI he complained bitterly about not being notified...

I support Admin Watch as a concept, because it is true that posting stuff on Admin Noticeboards does tend to bring out a protectionist sentiment in the readership - who are largely either admins or admin wannabe's. A board where non flagged editors can co-ordinate to reveal patterns of abuse (or at least, non optimal actions) from a particular admin could be useful, providing it isn't... er... "overscrutinised" by likely subjects. It would also be more effective if it wasn't populated mostly by individuals with an anti-Admin advocacy tendency (although it should be recognised that someone with such a viewpoint is more likely to suffer from admin abuse than those who are unfortunate to catch a sysop with a grudge). In fact, I may even offer to patrol it to ensure against coercive editing if it gets to a reasonable standard (and, er, they would be happy for an admin to be so involved).
Queeran
What you really MEAN to say is YOU abused someone, you got caught, and rather than just fess up to it and fix your own mistake, you're a typical scumwad abuser who decided to kill the messenger.

Face facts. You made a block that wasn't in line with policy, then you admitted openly that you do this all the time by making a default "policy" to block for 31 hours as a base.

Of course, since you're an abusive jerk admin, you have no problem lying through your rotten teeth about what you did and what the situation is any more than JzG, jpgordon, or the rest of the scum do.

And then of course there's the lying scum shit going on even more right now - Black Kite lying his fucking face off claiming a commenter was a "TOR Proxy" (I call bullshit, there's no fucking proxy there, I scanned it myself and it has only one edit anyways), Scarian making threats against Malleus Fatuorum, the whole nine yards.

This instance is just another example of how you shithead lying admins cover up for each other, especially the wikilawyering bit. You don't really want to see wikipedia cleaned up, you'll never consider the possibility that you were wrong, and you don't even want to see anyone attempt to point out when another admin screwed up unless they bend down, crawl, kiss your boots, and lick something grosser first. I went through this shit when I was falsely accused of being a sockpuppet for no reason other than a jumped-up cocksucker of an admin decided they needed someone new to abuse in order to "extend" an arbcom block, I watched the same thing happen to at least a dozen other people, and of course any attempt to fix it fails miserably thanks to "people" (if you even fucking qualify as such) like you.

I call it as I see it. You don't "support" fixing the system. You're the judo arm of the misinformation operation, the Microsoft "embrace, extend, redirect" player, just as JzG is the crazy asswad with a hammer who thinks his job is to smash everything in sight.
Black Kite
QUOTE(Queeran @ Fri 2nd January 2009, 9:31pm) *

And then of course there's the lying scum shit going on even more right now - Black Kite lying his fucking face off claiming a commenter was a "TOR Proxy" (I call bullshit, there's no fucking proxy there, I scanned it myself and it has only one edit anyways), Scarian making threats against Malleus Fatuorum, the whole nine yards.

TOR check for that IP

I've locked WhoWatches talkpage after his latest unblock rant. I don't usually do that, but this was just getting pointless, as no-one is going to unblock. He was only derailing what was previously quite a useful discussion on AdminWatch (which I don't have any objection to if it's run properly, and Tony1 is probably the person to make sure it does).

BK
Queeran
Quoth the lying shitfucking asswad Black Kite, "No further reason for unblock has been given, so declined per all 5 unblock requests above. Given the views in this particular "request", I am now protecting the page."

What a real surprise there - Black Kite lets slip what he's really about, which is making sure that nobody can ever question administrator actions. And of course the "tool" he refers to never returns anything but a positive, I just ran it on my own machine and it lied there too.

I guess it's true: all wikipedia admins, large and small, are nothing but abusive lying shitfuckers. The only surprise here is that he let it slip why he and all the other abusive fucks are REALLY so concerned about this and doing their best to threaten and harass people off the project and derail the rest of it to where it's going to fail just like anything else that might have actually worked.
Peter Damian
[ blanked - all these people, including the admins, are nutcases. Everyone on Wikipedia, including myself, is a nutcase]
Castle Rock
QUOTE(Queeran @ Fri 2nd January 2009, 1:31pm) *

What you really MEAN to say is YOU abused someone, you got caught, and rather than just fess up to it and fix your own mistake, you're a typical scumwad abuser who decided to kill the messenger.

Face facts. You made a block that wasn't in line with policy, then you admitted openly that you do this all the time by making a default "policy" to block for 31 hours as a base.

Of course, since you're an abusive jerk admin, you have no problem lying through your rotten teeth about what you did and what the situation is any more than JzG, jpgordon, or the rest of the scum do.

This instance is just another example of how you shithead lying admins cover up for each other, especially the wikilawyering bit. You don't really want to see wikipedia cleaned up, you'll never consider the possibility that you were wrong, and you don't even want to see anyone attempt to point out when another admin screwed up unless they bend down, crawl, kiss your boots, and lick something grosser first. I went through this shit when I was falsely accused of being a sockpuppet for no reason other than a jumped-up cocksucker of an admin decided they needed someone new to abuse in order to "extend" an arbcom block, I watched the same thing happen to at least a dozen other people, and of course any attempt to fix it fails miserably thanks to "people" (if you even fucking qualify as such) like you.

I call it as I see it. You don't "support" fixing the system. You're the judo arm of the misinformation operation, the Microsoft "embrace, extend, redirect" player, just as JzG is the crazy asswad with a hammer who thinks his job is to smash everything in sight.

So that was you then? Usually when you complain about a block its because one of your trolling socks got smacked down.
Black Kite
QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Fri 2nd January 2009, 11:06pm) *

Black Kite, as I remember, was the one Wales warned me off criticising (private email). He contributed to my RFAR, talking about some evidence againts Phdarts (an anti-pedophile editor I had defended). Later, on this forum, he admitted he knew nothing about Phdart's editing. Just indef blocked because he was told to. Right? Do you have children, Black Kite?

Hmm, I think you need to go and read that conversation again. I do have children as it happens - but that doesn't mean I blocked Phdarts for his views, because ... er ... it wasn't me that blocked him....

QUOTE(Queeran @ Fri 2nd January 2009, 11:04pm) *

And of course the "tool" he refers to never returns anything but a positive, I just ran it on my own machine and it lied there too.

Really? For any interested observers, running the TOR check (here) on any random IP will prove you wrong (again) quite quickly there.
Queeran
I don't have "trolling socks", or any "socks" for that matter except the nice woolen ones I put on my feet before inserting my feet into my shoes.

So I guess you can just bite me, shitboy.
GlassBeadGame
A thread discussing a Wikipedia users attempt at monitoring/documenting abuse is once again spiraling down into revisiting complaints by offended Wikipedians and defensive whining on the part of Admins. All of which is tedious. This should be addressed on Wikipedia itself, with the meta-aspects and prospects or limits of reform discussed here. But that is not possible because Wikipedia is so fundamentally dysfunctional that Wikipedians are not even capable of conducting the discussion on their own website. So feel free to have at it here but please at least ask yourself why you need have the discussion here. It is a community so FUBAR that not just the dissidents, but the police too need to seek asylum in order to speak out.
Black Kite
Strangely I tend to call bullshit as I find it, but if you want to characterise that as "defensive whining" then so be it *shrug*. I would've thought more to the point was that what was potentially a useful discussion (on AdminWatch) which I'd guess was of interest to the assembled masses here, was getting bogged down by our footwear-related friend.

BK
Castle Rock
QUOTE(Queeran @ Fri 2nd January 2009, 3:25pm) *

I don't have "trolling socks", or any "socks" for that matter except the nice woolen ones I put on my feet before inserting my feet into my shoes.

So I guess you can just bite me, shitboy.

Haha go fuck yourself. You even believe your own lies.
Somey
Personally, I'd have to say that anyone using the F-word more than once in a single post is probably feeling a bit too emotional to be posting anything at that particular moment... that sort of thing makes posts less readable and distracts from the point. In essence, it's self-defeating.

For example, the most significant paragraph in one of Mr. Queeran's posts earlier could have been re-written like this:
This instance is just another example of how dishonest admins cover up for each other, and use "wikilawyering" to do it. These people don't really want to see Wikipedia cleaned up, and will never consider the possibility that they were wrong - they don't even want to see anyone attempt to point out when another admin made a mistake, unless they go through some sort of elaborate groveling appeasement ritual first. I went through this nonsense when I was falsely accused of being a sockpuppet, for no reason other than an overzealous, self-gratification-obsessed admininstrator decided they needed someone new to abuse in order to "extend" an arbcom block. Subsequently, I watched the same thing happen to at least a dozen other people, and of course, any attempt to fix this sort of thing fails miserably, thanks to people like you.
Much nicer!

Anyway, if this continues, we'll probably have to treat it as a thread-derailment attempt and split it out into the tar pit.

Besides, the page in question has been "speedy-kept," so it looks like they may actually try it, though they've attempted things like this before without much success. Still, you never know, and there's no reason to immediately assume that the majority of WP admins are going to get together and undermine this latest effort to impose some sort of accountability.

I'd say give 'em at least 4 or 5 days, then make the assumption.
Kato
QUOTE(Somey @ Sat 3rd January 2009, 12:17am) *

...we'll probably have to treat it as a thread-derailment attempt and split it out into the tar pit.

Sooner rather than later, please.
Moulton
See also Narcissistic Wounding.
Random832
Speaking of thread derailment...
Kato
Renamed "AdminReview" from AdminWatch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=261072261
Anonymous editor
link
Kato
Tony seems to have got himself into a bitter dispute with the aforementioned MBisanz (T-C-L-K-R-D) - ostensibly about some date delinking thing, but it was MBisanz who tried to strangle Tony's AdminWatch / AdminReview project at birth recently, and Tony reckons that MBisanz has more sinister motives to discredit him before it can be launched.

MBisanz is an occasional member here, but is prone to some silly antics. Remember him removing Brandt's comments from a BLP discussion page, and then running to the admins noticeboard to tell tales on PrivateMusings who rightfully restored them?

Why is MBisanz so desperately trying to scupper Tony's AdminWatch project now?

Anyway, here is Tony on some arbitration page, appealing to the court regarding MBisanz's latest slur attempt against him:

QUOTE(Tony1)
[MBisanz's] "involvement" concerns his leading an (unsuccessful) attempt to delete my AdminReview page, and the potential for conflict of interest in attempting to slur me in this judicial context by quoting me from that page he tried to delete, representing a comment I made which has nothing to do with either this case or incivility. I believe that both diffs should be withdrawn immediately: one as irrelevant; the other as in bad faith with potential conflict of interest. Tony (talk) 17:38, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
MBisanz
QUOTE(Kato @ Wed 14th January 2009, 4:38pm) *

MBisanz is an occasional member here, but is prone to some silly antics. Remember him removing Brandt's comments from a BLP discussion page, and then running to the admins noticeboard to tell tales on PrivateMusings who rightfully restored them?

I was not the person who removed Brandt's comments: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=204742064
Somey
QUOTE(MBisanz @ Wed 14th January 2009, 7:38pm) *
I was not the person who removed Brandt's comments: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=204742064

Probably an easy-enough mistake to make, though:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=204742064

Still, you've supported tougher blocking rules for BLP vandals and changing the AfD default to "delete" for BLP's, so perhaps this isn't an area for which you deserve bashing.

I was looking at some of your comments on User talk:Tony1/AdminReview/Archive_2 (T-H-L-K-D), and it looks like most of your stated objections are fairly reasonable, though based primarily on hypothetical scenarios that probably wouldn't come up very often. It seems like something rather nasty must have happened to cause you to somewhat-suddenly label the proposal an "attack page" and try to get it deleted...

So what was it, exactly? huh.gif
Kato
QUOTE(MBisanz @ Thu 15th January 2009, 1:38am) *

QUOTE(Kato @ Wed 14th January 2009, 4:38pm) *

No? Well here's you running to the admins noticeboard to snitch on Privatemusings for restoring Brandt's uncontroversial comments last year. That was pretty low and silly by anyone's standards, MBisanz. Poor show. You need to chill out and leave people alone a lot more - your judgement is suspect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=204788113

QUOTE(MBisanz)
== Privatemusing posting for banned user ==

At [[Wikipedia_talk:OptOut]] {{User|Privatemusings}} has reinserted comments made by banned user Mr. Brandt. Mr. Brandt confirmed on WR after having been blocked here that they were indeed his comments. Privatemusings should already know better than to post for a banned user and to revert the removal of a banned users comments. Further, one of the principles in his [[Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/Privatemusings#Decorum|arbcom]] was that users should not game the system, proxying of an unbanned user for a banned user would seem to be just that. [[User:MBisanz]] 21:49, 10 April 2008 (UTC)
Kato
Tony is still plugging away.

One important potential problem they'll need to take into account is the "Moulton Factor". This is when a beady eyed veteran of online buffoonery makes a complaint about some perceived injustice - and then drags multiple parties into an excruciating chess game of ever more depressing exchanges with no resolution in sight. A kind of online mental Escher nightmare that saps the life of anyone who gets involved - and is certainly capable of downing a project like Tony's.

I'm not sure Tony is up to speed with just how difficult certain accusers can be.
Moulton
QUOTE(Kato @ Mon 19th January 2009, 7:45am) *
One important potential problem they'll need to take into account is the "Moulton Factor". This is when a beady eyed veteran of online buffoonery makes a complaint about some perceived injustice - and then drags multiple parties into an excruciating chess game of ever more depressing exchanges with no resolution in sight. A kind of online mental Escher nightmare that saps the life of anyone who gets involved - and is certainly capable of downing a project like Tony's.

Yes, we've written peer-reviewed articles about "lunatic social drama" and we've inflicted atrocious comic operas on the hapless players in these post-modern, pre-apocalyptic, ex-punk, cyberspace theaters of the absurd.

Is it any wonder we are Jimbo's worst nightmare? scream.gif
Kato
The challenge is whether anyone in the Wikisphere can do anything of this nature without it turning into a "lunatic social drama" - without inspiring more of the customary pile-ons, wild accusations, bullying, public humiliation, frantic antagonism and so on.

From my reading, Tony is perhaps the best placed figure to pull this off, because he seems to have a tangible purpose to everything he does. He's not just some bored internet addict.
Kato
Tony's now taking a look at the Policies for Administrators as part of his Clean-up Crusade, and finding holes in the wording.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_tal...lved.22_wording

Having brought up the burning issue of "Involved Parties", which is yet another screwed up shambles of WP:Hypocrisy, he's getting little traction from the Admins who seem to like the status quo as it is - no surprise there.

No surprise as well that it is the disastrous User:JzG who is on hand to respond critically to Tony's changes - with the usual Wiki-clichés, Doublespeak and Silly Walk :

QUOTE(JzG)
We seem to be trying to legislate Clue. There is no form of wording that will make a determined POV-pusher or wikilawyer shut up, because there is nothing we can do to make that happen short of banning them, and even that often takes a year or more to finally get rid of them. I've only seen one thread recently on AN about this, and the result was so obvious that the complainant was rapidly sent away with a flea in their ear. Some admins will go to ANI or IRC for a block on an IP that is vandalising their talk page in retaliation for a block or other action, others will just handle it as part of the same block or action. As long as the vandalism is low-grade and blindingly obvious then there's really no need to have additional process or hurdles, and if anything the current wording could be shortened for clarity. In the end I think Mr Sanger had it right: "Show the door to trolls, vandals, and wiki-anarchists, who, if permitted, would waste your time and create a poisonous atmosphere here." Let's wind back m:CREEP and keep things simple. Guy (Help!) 11:13, 22 January 2009 (UTC)

1. Actually, if you wanted to "wind back instruction creep", you'd conduct a good cleansing of all of the redundancy, repetition and poor organisation on this policy page. I think I could probably present you with a draft that says the same things in two-thirds of the space, but is much clearer and easier to access than the current text (for admins and non-admins). I presume that you're not against the cleaning up of such an important text ...
2. Why would you want to "ban" a wikilawyering editor? That appears to be what you're suggesting. Wouldn't it be better to silence them by gaining a little rappart, engaging, and at worst ignoring? Banning should be used as a last resort, according to the policy.
3. In any case, this is policy, and the wording really does count, especially as admin actions can be surrounded by highly emotive situations. It is in all our interests for the wording to be as simple as possible, with the right level of detail (which is a problem in quite a few places). The page is not at all in a good state (it reminds me of the higgledy-piggledy ad-hoc build-on architecture of some older hospitals). Is there an inherent resistance to suggesting, discussing and implementing improvements? Tony (talk) 12:28, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
EricBarbour
The vote on keeping AdminWatch is a fairly good indicator of who are decent
admins (voted to keep), and who are the bastards (delete).

Sceptre, MBisanz, MZMcBride, Redvers, Scarian and (of course) JzG all want it deleted.....

Those guys tend to vote as a bunch, whenever something comes up
that tries to shine some light on their secret dirty tricks.

Dollar says someone high up in the cabal will delete it, and nobody will have the nerve
to bring it back. Just a matter of time.
LaraLove
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Thu 22nd January 2009, 11:07pm) *

Dollar says someone high up in the cabal will delete it, and nobody will have the nerve

You've got a bet. I disagree with your prediction.
everyking
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Fri 23rd January 2009, 5:07am) *

Sceptre, MBisanz, MZMcBride, Redvers, Scarian and (of course) JzG all want it deleted.....

You know, it's surprising that Scarian didn't learn anything from his own little encounter with Jimbo's wrath. You have to be pretty hard-headed to not rethink things after something like that happens to you.
MBisanz
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Fri 23rd January 2009, 5:07am) *

Umm, did you miss:

RFC/Sceptre I also de-rollbackered him and supported banning him at various points

and

RFAR/Sarah Palin MZMcBride and I violently disagreed

and

RFA/Enigmaman 2 Scarian and I disagreeing

clearly we all get along smashingly well.
Anonymous editor
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Thu 22nd January 2009, 11:07pm) *

Sceptre hasn't been an admin for years.

QUOTE(everyking @ Thu 22nd January 2009, 11:51pm) *

You know, it's surprising that Scarian didn't learn anything from his own little encounter with Jimbo's wrath. You have to be pretty hard-headed to not rethink things after something like that happens to you.

What does Jimbo's power trip have to do with Admin watch?

QUOTE(MBisanz @ Thu 22nd January 2009, 11:57pm) *

RFC/Sceptre I also de-rollbackered him and supported banning him at various points

Ah, memories. Bedford is such a jackass.
Kato
Tony debates with User:Jayron, on a subpage here. Worth reading if you are interested.

On positions of authority at Wikipedia

QUOTE(Tony1)
No system is perfect, but the motivation is there to review and fine-tune AdminReview once it starts. The two key differences between it and the existing processes are (1) its focus on relatively narrow questions of whether a breach of admin policy has or has not occurred, and (2) strict evidentiary rules to limit bloat and the duration and complexity of the process, and to maximise the likelihood of procedural fairness. You may wish to read the FAQs; the third-party/multiple complainant issue, and the arrangements for the election of coordinators, have not been fully resolved. Another difference is that AdminReview will rely on the good faith of the parties, not muscle or the will of the crowd. It will aim to attract candidates with specific skills (see Coordinators). Tony (talk) 13:35, 23 January 2009 (UTC)

At present, probably the most productive "AdminReview" comes from this site - Wikipedia Review. Over the years, despite the acres of garbage that arrives at our doors - this place has had some impact on poor behavior. Perhaps Tony's AdminReview can take some of that dismal workload off our hands? And mean that this site can get on with more productive chatter than "boo hoo I hate that meany admin" stuff.
EricBarbour
QUOTE(Kato @ Fri 23rd January 2009, 8:12am) *
At present, probably the most productive "AdminReview" comes from this site - Wikipedia Review. Over the years, despite the acres of garbage that arrives at our doors - this place has had some impact on poor behavior. Perhaps Tony's AdminReview can take some of that dismal workload off our hands? And mean that this site can get on with more productive chatter than "boo hoo I hate that meany admin" stuff.

I wish he would succeed, but seriously I doubt he'll be able to keep in in the wiki database.
Perhaps he should find hosting for it elsewhere, or at least a backup.
Kato
According to Tony

QUOTE(Tony1)
Elections for the Coordinators are likely to be held in mid-March.

Obesity
QUOTE(Kato @ Tue 3rd February 2009, 11:20am) *

According to Tony

QUOTE(Tony1)

I saw that and intend to reopen the old campaign office in short order.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Kato @ Tue 3rd February 2009, 11:20am) *

According to Tony

QUOTE(Tony1)

Everyone loves an election.

Milton Roe
QUOTE(JzG)
In the end I think Mr Sanger had it right: "Show the door to trolls, vandals, and wiki-anarchists, who, if permitted, would waste your time and create a poisonous atmosphere here." Guy (Help!) 11:13, 22 January 2009 (UTC)

A paradox. For if "Mr. Sanger" was right, how is it that he himself was shown the door not long thereafter? And then, how could he BE right? Does it not boggle your mind to think on it, Guy? confused.gif

And what are we doing reading old Sanger essays, anyway? And giving him the respectful "Mr." (even if he is by now a Ph.D.) That all sounds very sneaky and subversive.

You subversive, you.
the fieryangel
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Tue 3rd February 2009, 6:51pm) *

QUOTE(JzG)
In the end I think Mr Sanger had it right: "Show the door to trolls, vandals, and wiki-anarchists, who, if permitted, would waste your time and create a poisonous atmosphere here." Guy (Help!) 11:13, 22 January 2009 (UTC)

A paradox. For if "Mr. Sanger" was right, how is it that he himself was shown the door not long thereafter? And then, how could he BE right? Does it not boggle your mind to think on it, Guy? confused.gif

And what are we doing reading old Sanger essays, anyway? And giving him the respectful "Mr." (even if he is by now a Ph.D.) That all sounds very sneaky and subversive.

You subversive, you.

Well, look who's talking, oh, he who uses a fake WP user name...
Sarcasticidealist
This just in: The Fieryangel thinks that people shouldn't use pseudonyms on the internet. For further details (or, rather, repetition of the preceding detail), see any of a dozen or so threads.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(the fieryangel @ Tue 3rd February 2009, 4:23pm) *

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Tue 3rd February 2009, 6:51pm) *

QUOTE(JzG)

You subversive, you.

Well, look who's talking, oh, he who uses a fake WP user name...

There is no WP user Milton Roe.

I don't use a fake name on WP. If you're going to collect people who started out on WP with their own true birth certificate names from day #1, hell or high water, you're going to end up with a short list, but I'm on it.

Alas, it also contains a few people like David Gerard and Jimbo Wales. But then again, they STARTED with the mojo (a common pattern is also for people to start out with pseudos and decloak once they collect mojo). Subtract people who did something of THAT kind, and the list is shorter still. But I'm still on it. You're not.
the fieryangel
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Wed 4th February 2009, 2:47am) *

Alas, it also contains a few people like David Gerard and Jimbo Wales. But then again, they STARTED with the mojo (a common pattern is also for people to start out with pseudos and decloak once they collect mojo). Subtract people who did something of THAT kind, and the list is shorter still. But I'm still on it. You're not.

I most certainly am. My initial WP name was the name of my company, which lead to my website, which lead to my name, address and telephone number. I laid all of these cards on the table. So, they were clear from day one on this account's talk page. This was certainly not the best way to start playing that particular game, but it was workable back in 2006 when I started, especially in the relative calm of the "classical music" categories. All of this is much different now, of course.

The whole pseudo-anonymous culture is creating most of the problems discussed here. This particular forum is becoming more and more an actual subset of WP itself, so this problem is becoming more apparent. Since the game is being played here openly now, I really fail to see how any objective criticism can take place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.