Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JzG weighs in on Privatemusings arbcom vote
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > JzG
dtobias
Here :

#'''Oppose'''. Thoroughly nice chap but with a history of questionable judgement and a lack of necessary self-criticism. <b>[[User Talk:JzG|Guy]]</b> <small>([[User:JzG/help|Help!]])</small> 21:41, 4 December 2008 (UTC)

Don't all of those "qualities" (except perhaps the "Thoroughly nice chap" one) apply to Guy himself?
Son of a Yeti
QUOTE(dtobias @ Thu 4th December 2008, 2:58pm) *

Here :

#'''Oppose'''. Thoroughly nice chap but with a history of questionable judgement and a lack of necessary self-criticism. <b>[[User Talk:JzG|Guy]]</b> <small>([[User:JzG/help|Help!]])</small> 21:41, 4 December 2008 (UTC)

Don't all of those "qualities" (except perhaps the "Thoroughly nice chap" one) apply to Guy himself?

Well, that may be true. But aren't they also qualities expected from your typical arbcom member?
Hipocrite
QUOTE(dtobias @ Thu 4th December 2008, 9:58pm) *

Because I'm not qualified to be president, I'm not permitted to vote for president? Are you really stupid enough to try tu quoque in an election?

Wait, strike that - I could never overestimate you. BADSITES!
Kato
QUOTE(Hipocrite @ Thu 4th December 2008, 10:21pm) *

QUOTE(dtobias @ Thu 4th December 2008, 9:58pm) *

Because I'm not qualified to be president, I'm not permitted to vote for president? Are you really stupid enough to try tu quoque in an election?

Wait, strike that - I could never overestimate you. BADSITES!

Well JzG certainly wasn't qualified to be an Arbitrator. Within minutes of his dismal bid in 2006, opposers heaped on the evidence and he had to withdraw.

QUOTE(Voter against JzG 2006)
Strong oppose - Just in the last few weeks, he's engaged in personal attacks ("idiot","idiot"), incivility ("f_ck off", "f_ck off"), biting a new user ("pissing me off"), and revealing the identity of an anonymous user (here, then again here after the user removed it to preserve his identity). I don't care what the other editors did, should an admin and arb com candidate be calling someone an idiot and telling them to f_ck off? See also my mediation experience with JzG on the talk page. ATren 01:08, 4 December 2006 (UTC)

Meanwhile, JzG conducted several bitter disputes simultaneously during the voting process, including one on the "Vote for JzG" talk page itself. Dismissing the above opposer, Atren as a "troll" for good measure.

After he was forced to admit defeat, he offered his conclusions on his failure:

"let's ignore the 99% of good stuff and focus on the 1% which could, with a stretch of the imagination, be portrayed as bad"

How much imagination does it take to negatively portray rampant foul behavior, endless animosity, an inability to apologize, and a penchant for fueling interpersonal wars so bloody they end up making the news? There was a silver lining though, despite falling short at 2006's arbcom elections, JzG managed to pick up Wikipedia Review's Dick of Distinction award for 2007.
Son of a Yeti
QUOTE(Kato @ Thu 4th December 2008, 3:30pm) *

"let's ignore the 99% of good stuff and focus on the 1% which could, with a stretch of the imagination, be portrayed as bad"

I believe some oldish fans still say the same thing about Stalin.

(I chose the example not to invoke Godwin without a good cause)
Viridae
QUOTE(Son of a Yeti @ Sat 6th December 2008, 12:43am) *

QUOTE(Kato @ Thu 4th December 2008, 3:30pm) *

I believe some oldish fans still say the same thing about Stalin.

(I chose the example not to invoke Godwin without a good cause)

This reminds me of a now no longer availiable shirt from Tshirt hell: http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a192/a192.gif (I invoked Godwin)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.