Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Fat Man's candidacy
> Wikimedia Discussion > Bureaucracy > ArbCom Elections > 2008 Arbcom elections
Herschelkrustofsky
QUOTE(Obesity @ Thu 4th December 2008, 2:18am) *

The Fat Man Who Never Came Back has decided to use this incident for his political advantage in the ArbCom elections
If I had a vote, I would bestow it upon the Fat Man.
Heat
QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Thu 4th December 2008, 4:05pm) *

The Fat Man Who Never Came Back has decided to use this incident for his political advantage in the ArbCom elections

Why?
Obesity
QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Thu 4th December 2008, 11:05am) *

Mr Krustofsky! Do you have a Wikipedia administrator in your back pocket? I'm thoroughly appalled.
Herschelkrustofsky
QUOTE(Obesity @ Fri 5th December 2008, 7:50am) *

Mr Kustofsky! Do you have a Wikipedia administrator in your back pocket? I'm thoroughly appalled.
Well, that's certainly interesting, isn't it? But I'm sure that an explanation exists. I would surmise that [[User:Hbdragon88]] at one time or another got into a dispute with Will Beback, which automatically would transform him into my sockpuppet. But I didn't know that I had an admin.
Ehemaliger
QUOTE(Obesity @ Fri 5th December 2008, 3:50pm) *

Mr Kustofsky! Do you have a Wikipedia administrator in your back pocket? I'm thoroughly appalled.

It is Krustofsky, not Kustofsky.
EricBarbour

FAIL.
Fat Man seems a greasy little bastard to me.
I blogged his malfeasance months ago:
Two examples of Wikipedia "editors"

Go and read Ta_bu_shi_da_yu's talk page for samples.
EricBarbour

(I just voted against him....let's see if he tries to block me in retaliation.)
Obesity
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sat 6th December 2008, 4:54am) *

FAIL.
Fat Man seems a greasy little bastard to me.
I blogged his malfeasance months ago:
Two examples of Wikipedia "editors"

Go and read Ta_bu_shi_da_yu's talk page for samples.

Greasy little bastard is not far off.

I'm sure the Fat Man would block you in an instant for your refusal to cooperate with the sorely needed reforms he supports, but as everyone knows he is not an administrator and doesn't wish to be.

Let's review his "malfeasance" in detail:
And if you have the patience, here is the deletion review for an article about an Australian author named Patrick McCabe. What a bunch of stupid, hostile little boys. You're not alone, Dave! Other people of note have received even shoddier treatment from the Wikipedia admins. Articles for deletion/Patrick M. McCabe

Really, Eric? This is what you're mad at TFM about?

Mr. M******, an erstwhile 14 year-old kid, created (and re-created several times) an article about himself and some crappy short stories he wrote, and The Fat Man nominated them for deletion. Scandalous! You'll notice that this was early in TFM's wiki career and his very first AfD; TFM was still brimming with civility and good faith. What problem could you possibly have with this AfD?

The Ta bu shi da incident is yu is a sadder story. For those of you who don't know him, TBSDY was a fine editor, an early Wikipedian, a nice guy and the author of one of one of my favorite articles; he was also drama-prone administrator busybody and the founder of the bane of Wikipedia, the AN/I board.

Whatever TBSDY's failings, trust me that the TFM still feels considerable troll's remorse for making this fellow cry. TBSDY made a typically tearful exit after some lame argument over whether he was "canvassing" or not, and TFMWNCB made some typically snarky remarks about his bogus retirement. TBSDY was deeply hurt. TFMWNCB said he was sorry (sort of). TBSDY accepted his apology. TBSDY is still around and edits under a different account. Just sickening behavior all around, isn't it?

Why on earth does any of this bother you?

TFMWNCB is a noted troll and caller of names (I could provide some swell diffs, upon request), but the victims of his abuse are almost entirely members of WP's entrenched establishment, with the power to block or ban him in an instant. These 2 examples don't strike me as particularly compelling, but I may be biased.

Mods, I suggest you split off this irrelevant discussion of the TFMWNCB's (de)merits into a different thread (perhaps merge them into this discussion); the original point of this thread was reprehensible administrator incivility/insensitivity to BLP victims.
Herschelkrustofsky
QUOTE(Heat @ Thu 4th December 2008, 8:23am) *

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Thu 4th December 2008, 4:05pm) *

Why?
He is capable of self-deprecating humor.
EricBarbour
QUOTE(Obesity @ Sat 6th December 2008, 6:15am) *

It should bother you, that the guy is running for Arbcom....

TFMWNCB is a noted troll and caller of names (I could provide some swell diffs, upon request), but the victims of his abuse are almost entirely members of WP's entrenched establishment, with the power to block or ban him in an instant. These 2 examples don't strike me as particularly compelling, but I may be biased.

I'd appreciate more evidence of TFM's opposition to the cabalistas.
And yeah, this probably should be split into a separate thread, perhaps under Arbcom.

Done. -- HK
Obesity
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sun 7th December 2008, 4:25am) *

It should bother you, that the guy is running for Arbcom....

But what specifically irks you about the incidents you describe in your blog? That TFM (politely, and assuming loads of good faith) nominated a teenager's autobiography and short stories for deletion more than 2 years ago? That he snapped at TBSDY, an unpredictable and frequently retiring admin who invented the notorious "Incidents" noticeboard? I assure you the TFM feels remorse for hurting TB's feelings, and the two attempted to make amends (see my last post in this thread). I'm not sure why any of this is relevant.

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sun 7th December 2008, 4:25am) *

I'd appreciate more evidence of TFM's opposition to the cabalistas.

SlimVirgin, TonySidaway and arbitrators like James F, Jpgordon and Sam Blacketer bore the brunt of TFM's satirical putdowns in 2008. However, I wince at revisiting such ancient lulz at this time, since SV has now joined the anti-ArbCom crusade, and the others have lost all credibility within the community.

However, here is sampling of more recent so-called "trolling". I have to give Elonka credit for gathering most of these diffs (during an anti-TFM screed on her "voting guide"):

TFM criticizes David Gerard:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=252773620

TFM torments Will Beback:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=252907754
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=252924920
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...civility_policy (that particular edit seems to be getting TFM in the most trouble with voters this year)
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=252930460

Jossi leaps to Mr. Beback's defense and is hit with shrapnel (note the completely unnecessary teasing about Jossi's beloved Prem Rawat article):
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=252931408

And that was just from one night.

I actually find the TFM's populism superficial, his sense of "humor" overrated and his spectacles tiresome, but he has won a devoted and inexplicable following among disillusioned content creators. He currently leads all other non-administrators (and several administrators) in the ArbCom election standings.
Herschelkrustofsky
QUOTE(Obesity @ Sun 7th December 2008, 9:42am) *
The Fat Man torments Will Beback? Had I known that, I would have made my endorsement more emphatic.
EricBarbour
:::I believe the civility clause you are requesting is clearly laid out [http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Civility&oldid=252928869#Rare_exceptions_to_Wikipedia.27s_civility_policy here]. That's the trouble with rules that "anyone can edit." Any bozo can edit them to suit their agenda. But you and your friends wouldn't know anything about that.--[[User:The Fat Man Who Never Came Back|The Fat Man Who Never Came Back]] ([[User talk:The Fat Man Who Never Came Back|talk]]) 04:34, 20 November 2008 (UTC)

Oh, we were just having a spot of fun. Between you and me, I was half-way hoping that humorless and meddlesome nitwit Will Beback would block me. I already have a block from "Mike Rosoft" on the books. Add "Will Beback" to the mix along with his cousin "Ben Dover" (yet to pass RfA), and I will have incurred the wrath-trifecta of Admins with lame and unfunny user names. And I'm really into funny user names.--[[User:The Fat Man Who Never Came Back|The Fat Man Who Never Came Back]] ([[User talk:The Fat Man Who Never Came Back#top|talk]]) 04:47, 20 November 2008 (UTC)

hmmm, looks like I was somewhat wrong about TFM.
I'd change my vote in his Arbcom election, but it seems I don't have enough
edits to qualify. Sadly, he appears to be losing anyway.

(Nor would it matter. Criticizing Gerard or Will Beback
is an automatic death sentence normally.
They will "get" him someday. Hope I'm wrong, again.)
One
QUOTE(Obesity @ Sat 6th December 2008, 2:15pm) *

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sat 6th December 2008, 4:54am) *

I'm sure the Fat Man would block you in an instant for your refusal to cooperate with the sorely needed reforms he supports, but as everyone knows he is not an administrator and doesn't wish to be.

EricBarbour: It seems that all of your online activity consists of attacking people based on whatever nonsense happens to be floating between your ears. Have you ever, just once, thought it might be valuable to get the facts right?
Herschelkrustofsky
Please note that Mr. Barbour, in the post which immediately precedes yours, had publicly revised his assessment of the Fat Man based on new evidence. Eric deserves credit for that.
One
QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Mon 8th December 2008, 3:48am) *

Please note that Mr. Barbour, in the post which immediately precedes yours, had publicly revised his assessment of the Fat Man based on new evidence. Eric deserves credit for that.

OK, gold star for Eric! He grudgingly admitted that shit-spreading might not be warranted in this case. Truly he's a responsible netizen.

But for the sake of the real world, maybe he could check some facts some day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.