Alex
Incredibly amazing and interesting!

She also updates the tally! Wow.
Son of a Yeti
QUOTE(Heat @ Fri 12th December 2008, 9:23am) *

You really made the subject of the day biggrin.gif

A pity I cannot find a :rotfl: icon.
everyking
I would have supported the candidate as well, but he or she has withdrawn. It was 44-30 and potentially could have passed. I really hate seeing people cave under RfA pressure and throwing away the opportunity like that.
Shalom
QUOTE(everyking @ Fri 12th December 2008, 3:24pm) *

I would have supported the candidate as well, but he or she has withdrawn. It was 44-30 and potentially could have passed. I really hate seeing people cave under RfA pressure and throwing away the opportunity like that.

Meh, it was not going to pass. This was trending toward "no consensus," like most RFAs which tend to have decreasing levels of support as the oppose votes pile up. This is not universally the case (for a notable counter-example, see DrKiernan's RFA) but in any borderline RFA with between 50 and 80% support, you start to see support percentage decrease as "no concerns here" is replaced by "oppose per <insert Cabal member's name here>". smile.gif I think NuclearWarfare probably spared several man-hours of editor time by withdrawing the RFA early so that interested drama-watchers could rubberneck at Giano's downfall instead.
Sylar
It depends on what country she wants to have nuked.
Somey
QUOTE(Sylar @ Sun 14th December 2008, 6:39am) *
It depends on what country she wants to have nuked.

What depends on which country she wants to have nuked?

This thread might have been a primo candidate for the "Nutty SlimConspiracy Theories" subforum, except that Mr. Everyking had to go and ruin it by making a salient point about people who withdraw from RfA's. tearinghairout.gif

I personally don't believe SlimVirgin would "support" any use of strategic or tactical nuclear weapons against a population, or even against an invading military force, even if the country using them was Israel and they were clearly doing it in self-defense. That's not to say she supports unilateral nuclear disarmament, though... It's hard to say for certain - SV's politics and ideological leanings are something of a mixed bag, as most of us are all too aware.

Regardless, she might support the use of smaller, more manageable "battlefield" nukes against Wikipedia Review, assuming she could find an appropriate physical target. But that's not really the same thing.
EricBarbour
QUOTE(Somey @ Sun 14th December 2008, 9:07am) *

This thread might have been a primo candidate for the "Nutty SlimConspiracy Theories" subforum, except that Mr. Everyking had to go and ruin it by making a salient point about people who withdraw from RfA's. tearinghairout.gif

Who cares, as long as she serves herself up as collateral damage. evilgrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.