Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elonka vs. science editors, others
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Elonka
zvook
Elonka is an extraordinary editor, and it seems at any time one can visit her talk page and see misdirection, misrepresentation and mud-slinging as she reacts to criticism by seeking to sway some imagined audience rather than responding to concerns. Never the less a recent flap may be worth noting here.

Perhaps few would envy her the task of dealing with OM, that Jim guy, and pseudoscience editors. However she seems to relish it. Recent actions in regard to OM and Mathsci have brought MastCell, SV and KC to her talk, among others. Mathsci was added to a list of involved editors for...wait for it...objecting to such a list being kept. And KC objected to the nature of a warning Elonka gave to OM, to the extent that she, KC, excised the offending part of the warning. A remarkable step, but more remarkable still was Elonka's reaction, warning KC about reversing admin actions under arbcom resolutions, and logging KC as having so reversed on the official page for admin actions taken under that resolution. Extraordinary!

A further point is Elonka's taking the popular admin line that she is only cast as "involved" by disruptive editors wanting to get rid of her in order to rule the world under the eye of some lesser admin. Correct me if I am wrong, but has not the world and its wife suggested that she pass her duties in this area to another? Didn't FT2 et al suggest this would be helpful at ANI months ago?

Gleaned all this from elonka's talk: here on down (i.e. also here, grilled by SV here etc.)

Probably more at AN or similar places I don't bother to go anymore.
Moulton
Now that Paul Mitchell (FeloniousMonk) has been disgraced and dethroned by last year's Epic ArbCom Inquisition, it appears that his Siamese twin, Tracy Walker (KillerChihuahua), has stepped into the resulting power vacuum. Nor is there any evidence she has learned anything from ArbCom's sober determination that FeloniousMonk's reprehensible practices were egregiously unethical (not to mention downright tacky).

KC is Wikipedia's poster child for Narcissistic Wounding and Narcissistic Rage.
that one guy
It's only a matter of time before OM pisses off too many people again and is at arbcom for his actions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.