Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WIRED: Jimmy Wales Pushes For Flagged Revisions After Fake Death Reports
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
carbuncle
WIRED story on flagged revisions: Jimmy Wales Pushes For Flagged Revisions After Fake Death Reports.

Jimmy Wales, having learned about Google alerts from Rachel Marsden, appears in the comments to say:

To interpret this as "tighter control" is so deeply confused I don't know where to begin.

The truth is: I am in favor of opening up to public editing some articles that have been restricted for years. Wouldn't it be better to write to me and ask me before publishing nonsense?

I believe this only adds fuel to the speculation in the other thread about flagged revisions that actually solving the BLP issues (i.e., tighter control) isn't really the motivation here. Incidentally, I didn't contact Jimmy before writing this nonsense, so I could be misinterpreting his comment.
Kato
QUOTE(carbuncle @ Tue 27th January 2009, 8:43pm) *

WIRED story on flagged revisions: Jimmy Wales Pushes For Flagged Revisions After Fake Death Reports.

Jimmy Wales, having learned about Google alerts from Rachel Marsden, appears in the comments to say:

To interpret this as "tighter control" is so deeply confused I don't know where to begin.

The truth is: I am in favor of opening up to public editing some articles that have been restricted for years. Wouldn't it be better to write to me and ask me before publishing nonsense?

I believe this only adds fuel to the speculation in the other thread about flagged revisions that actually solving the BLP issues (i.e., tighter control) isn't really the motivation here. Incidentally, I didn't contact Jimmy before writing this nonsense, so I could be misinterpreting his comment.

Yes, that reads to me as though Wales is supporting the "compromise" flagged revisions proposal mooted by BLP extremists, which actually offers BLP victims less protection than before.

the fieryangel

If comment five on this related article is true, Jimbo is taking this with a very big grain of salt...
EricBarbour
How in the hell did Greg Kohs get to that Truemors article so quickly....
unless he was the one that posted it?........

And Kato, as long as you're posting a comment on Truemors, you could also
tell people to go to WR for further discussion.
Kato
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Tue 27th January 2009, 10:06pm) *

And Kato, as long as you're posting a comment on Truemors, you could also
tell people to go to WR for further discussion.

Click on the link to Kato WR
the fieryangel
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Tue 27th January 2009, 11:06pm) *

We just don't lurk on WR, you know. We were on the whole Wikia/Wikipedia rent business days before you guys were, for example.

Akahele is the new word...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.