Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: At last I understand ...
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Malleus
At last I understand why it is that wikipedia needs so many administrators. It's because one day soon now only administrators will be allowed to edit. Deep joy! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Who breeds these clowns?
EricBarbour
Sounds like they rediscovered flagged revisions.......
"Call it something else, nobody will notice!"
Malleus
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sat 21st March 2009, 10:57pm) *

Sounds like they rediscovered flagged revisions.......
"Call it something else, nobody will notice!"

It's much better than flagged revisions, because only administrators would be allowed to edit verified sections of an article, whereas flagged revisions would have to be delegated to the great unwashed. Only administrators are wise enough to be able to edit responsibly. I mean, what next? Allowing any Tom, Dick, or Harry to edit the encyclopedia?

I'd lay money as well that the clown who proposed this would be against flagged revisions.
CharlotteWebb
QUOTE(Malleus @ Sat 21st March 2009, 11:13pm) *

I'd lay money as well that the clown who proposed this would be against flagged revisions.

Yes, a lot of them prefer set-it-and-forget-it page-protection as a solution for BLP articles.

That said I'm really surprised this person is an admin. Every comment I've seen from him or her on the noticeboards and the village pump just screamed "noob" to me.
Son of a Yeti
QUOTE(Malleus @ Sat 21st March 2009, 3:52pm) *

At last I understand why it is that wikipedia needs so many administrators. It's because one day soon now only administrators will be allowed to edit. Deep joy! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

The really interesting idea would be to make part of Wikipedia readable for the admins only.
Eva Destruction
QUOTE(CharlotteWebb @ Sat 21st March 2009, 11:41pm) *

That said I'm really surprised this person is an admin. Every comment I've seen from him or her on the noticeboards and the village pump just screamed "noob" to me.

Only two pages edited over 20 times, both of which are about videogames, and was the creator of Template:User GCSE results. Not that I'm assuming anything, like.
Malleus
QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Sat 21st March 2009, 11:53pm) *

QUOTE(CharlotteWebb @ Sat 21st March 2009, 11:41pm) *

Only two pages edited over 20 times, both of which are about videogames, and was the creator of Template:User GCSE results. Not that I'm assuming anything, like.

Could be a teacher I suppose, some universities even offer degree courses in video game technology these days ... nah, who am I trying to kid. Just another schoolkid administrator demonstrating his "maturity". That's the word they like to bandy around isn't it? Pity none of them have the maturity to realise that schoolchildren ought not to be administering wikipedia.
gadfly
QUOTE(Malleus @ Sun 22nd March 2009, 1:15am) *

Pity none of them have the maturity to realise that schoolchildren ought not to be administering wikipedia.

At the very least, that is...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.