Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Once upon a time ...
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Malleus
Now it seems that administrators, far from being mere janitors, are actually high-ranking ambassadors for wikipedia.
LaraLove
Awesome. If that were the case and people really cared, there would be a desysopping process, and a shitton of desysopped admins.
Malleus
If it were true it might also make some people think about the wisdom of allowing 12-year-olds to be be administrators. Particularly if they'd seen the video of the coached 12-year-old slimeball who spoke so "maturely" at a wiki meetup in New York, but who turned out to have been operating how many sockpuppets was it?
EricBarbour
Ah, you must be talking about Shapiros10 (T-C-L-K-R-D) , discussed here.

Or did you mean Anonymous Dissident (T-C-L-K-R-D) ?

How about Jonas Rand, aka Ionas68224 (T-C-L-K-R-D) ?

Or Ryan (T-C-L-K-R-D) , the 12-YO who almost made it to adminship last year?

Choose one. There are probably hundreds more we don't know about......

I hope you're starting to think that "Wikipedia has a real problem here".
Guido den Broeder
As I wrote a while back, Wikipedia is a school where toddlers are the boss of the teachers.
LaraLove
QUOTE(Malleus @ Sat 28th March 2009, 2:20am) *

If it were true it might also make some people think about the wisdom of allowing 12-year-olds to be be administrators. Particularly if they'd seen the video of the coached 12-year-old slimeball who spoke so "maturely" at a wiki meetup in New York, but who turned out to have been operating how many sockpuppets was it?
Okay, hold on now. Why do you think Sam was coached, and by whom? And how is he a "slimeball"? His sockpuppeting occurred over a year ago, IIRC. He was indef banned, then unbanned and I became his mentor for a time. I think he had around ten socks. Surely immaturity was, and at times remains, an issue, but he's made a lot of progress. Currently, he is retired from the project, at least under his Shapiros10 account, but I know he planned to attend another NYC event. Apparently NewYorkBrad also appreciates the effort Sam has put in to getting his act together. That's the impression I get, anyway.
Castle Rock
QUOTE(Malleus @ Fri 27th March 2009, 11:20pm) *

"Slimeball" lol that's kind of harsh for a child don't you think?
Alex
QUOTE(Castle Rock @ Sun 29th March 2009, 12:16am) *

Harsh for anyone really.
Malleus
QUOTE(Castle Rock @ Sun 29th March 2009, 12:16am) *

No, I don't. Slimeball is as slimeball does. The children are very keen to cry "ageism" whenever it suits them, but not so keen to take responsibility for their own actions, and all too keen to take refuge in being only a child when the going gets tough IMO.

QUOTE(LaraLove @ Sat 28th March 2009, 11:35pm) *

Okay, hold on now. Why do you think Sam was coached, and by whom?

Are you familiar with Clever Hans?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.