Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JimmyWales.org
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Alex
A forum dedicated to discussing Jimmy Wales? Neat!

Sorry for committing the crime of starting a new thread - I hope GBG isn't too upset - but I couldn't resist.
The Joy
No JimmyWales.org out there yet, but Googling that Url does lead to Jimbo's blog.

Oh, Greg, Jimbo says that Wikia is doing fantastic! dry.gif
GlassBeadGame
I'm not sure why Alex would want to start a thread about a parked domain on Go-Daddy but it's not the dumbest thread he ever started. Knock yourself out Alex. Of course if it really was a site "to discuss Mr. Wales" that would be up there higher on the dumb scale.
Sarcasticidealist
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Mon 13th April 2009, 11:42pm) *

I'm not sure why Alex would want to start a thread about a parked domain on Go-Daddy but it's not the dumbest thread he ever started. Knock yourself out Alex. Of course if it really was a site "to discuss Mr. Wales" that would be up there higher on the dumb scale.
Am I the only one for whom jimmywales.org redirected here?
privatemusings
and is that a 'steve smith' we see as a recent member? - no relation of wayne, the interwebs prankster behind these shenanigans, I assume :-)
Sarcasticidealist
QUOTE(privatemusings @ Tue 14th April 2009, 12:05am) *

and is that a 'steve smith' we see as a recent member? - no relation of wayne, the interwebs prankster behind these shenanigans, I assume :-)
That would indeed be me. This was also me, but I got confused by their monumentally terrible interface (which, among other things, won't seem to let me log in, but which does claim at the bottom of the screen that stevesmith is logged in. Also, despite the fact that the usernames of all other members appear to include spaces, it wouldn't let me do it).
tarantino
QUOTE(privatemusings @ Tue 14th April 2009, 3:05am) *

jimmywales.org is registered to Wayne Smith, and he's shown as the admin of the proboards site.

http://jimmywales.proboards.com/index.cgi?...file&user=admin
UseOnceAndDestroy
QUOTE(The Joy @ Tue 14th April 2009, 3:36am) *
Oh, Greg, Jimbo says that Wikia is doing fantastic! dry.gif

Hooray! Just like Wikia search was "cranking away"...a few days before they canned it.
Shalom
GBG, this was not a wasted thread.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Shalom @ Tue 14th April 2009, 6:51am) *

GBG, this was not a wasted thread.

I agree. It's at least minimally acceptable. The site might even give rise to some decent critics.
Moulton
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Tue 14th April 2009, 9:39am) *
The site might even give rise to some decent critics.

Perhaps it will even raise the art of criticism to the next higher level.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Moulton @ Tue 14th April 2009, 7:57am) *

QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Tue 14th April 2009, 9:39am) *
The site might even give rise to some decent critics.

Perhaps it will even raise the art of criticism to the next higher level.

Even more likely if some Prometheus brought them the fire of Social Contract before they rigidify into a some oppressive censorship machine.
Cedric
QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Mon 13th April 2009, 9:48pm) *

QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Mon 13th April 2009, 11:42pm) *

Am I the only one for whom jimmywales.org redirected here?

Nope. It is still doing that this morning. Wattsamadda Jimbo? Forget to renew that registration?

Universe Daily
He never registered it in the first place. I just wish I'd bought JimmyWales.Com when I had the chance several years ago. It just didn't seem worth the money at the time and cheap as they are you can only buy so many celebrity names.

I don't think it will be turning into an oppressive sensorship machine anytime soon. Most of the week nobody is there at all. I actually live 50 km from town and don't have internet access at home.

Reporting on corruption and other funny events at wikipedia is just a hobby.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.