"Wikipedia will give you the questions you should ask, not the answers."

Discuss!
Milton Roe
QUOTE(the fieryangel @ Thu 16th April 2009, 2:05am) *

Read all about it: in a nutshell

QUOTE('Jimbo')

Discuss!

Your aim then is to put a set of correct questions into the hands of every person on Earth? hmmm.gif wacko.gif

What's with the word should, anyway, Jimbo? It's a very tricky word. Who's going to derive this "ought" from an "is," especially when they crimped by being required to have to have a neutral point of view? confused.gif I guess this is all done at the Foundation policy level, eh? ermm.gif

wink.gif
the fieryangel
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Thu 16th April 2009, 9:47am) *

QUOTE('Jimbo')

Discuss!

Your aim then is to put a set of correct questions into the hands of every person on Earth? hmmm.gif wacko.gif

What's with the word should, anyway, Jimbo? It's a very tricky word. Who's going to derive this "ought" from an "is," especially when they crimped by being required to have to have a neutral point of view? confused.gif I guess this is all done at the Foundation policy level, eh? ermm.gif

wink.gif

I'm rather puzzled by this statement myself. I'm considering where "Wikianswers" (not to mention Greg K's latest blogpost on Akahele) might have something to do with it.

At any rate, Jimbo admits that certain sections of WP content are "pretty bad". That's a step in the right direction right there, I'd say.
Kelly Martin
QUOTE(the fieryangel @ Thu 16th April 2009, 4:05am) *

QUOTE('Jimbo')

Discuss!
The question you should ask is, "Why am I reading this garbage?"
the fieryangel
QUOTE(Kelly Martin @ Thu 16th April 2009, 11:25am) *

QUOTE('Jimbo')

Discuss!

Good point!
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(the fieryangel @ Thu 16th April 2009, 5:05am) *

Read all about it in a nutshell

QUOTE('Jimbo')

Discuss!

I forget, did Wiki-Punksutpwney Phil see his shadow this year? (No, CG, not that kind of shadow — he never sees that shadow coming.)

I mean, I can easily find the answer for Real World Phil — I just never know what to expect when it comes to the WikiWinter.

Ja Ja boing.gif
Son of a Yeti

QUOTE('Jimbo')

Discuss!

I may surprise you by supporting Jimbo for once. Wikipedia really is a good start to look as a "first contact" source. I would never support anything on WP knowledge but I have to admit I do start some searches with WP.

What Jimbo says is actually very defensive: "Well maybe WP is not the ultimate source of knowledge. Crap happens much too often over there. But at least you'll learn what you don't know by going there before you have a clue what you are looking for".

Or something like that ;-)
thekohser
QUOTE(Kelly Martin @ Thu 16th April 2009, 7:25am) *

QUOTE('Jimbo')

Discuss!

Or, there's always a favorite question that journalists seem incapable of exploring, "Why is Jimbo lying about who founded Wikipedia?"

I have a new motto for them: "Wikipedia: the world's first encyclopedia of questions, not answers."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.