Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Amusing: someone named "Jayjg" trolling news websites
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Jayjg
EricBarbour
Comment to Torment

The photograph is from an article written by Chelsea J. Carter of The Associated Press, and as I get ready to blog about US Marine training exercises and their effect on Afghan civilians I couldn’t help notice the comment left underneath the article by a user Jayjg:

“JOIN THE MARINES. TRAVEL TO FORIEGN PLACES, MEET EXOTIC PEOPLE, AND KILL THEM.”

I clicked on his profile and saw he had left six trollish comments on six different articles in a single day, and alright some of them were funny, but the question is why?

Sadly, the Miami Herald article is no longer visible.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Thu 30th April 2009, 9:57pm) *

Comment to Torment

The photograph is from an article written by Chelsea J. Carter of The Associated Press, and as I get ready to blog about US Marine training exercises and their effect on Afghan civilians I couldn’t help notice the comment left underneath the article by a user Jayjg:

“JOIN THE MARINES. TRAVEL TO FORIEGN PLACES, MEET EXOTIC PEOPLE, AND KILL THEM.”

I clicked on his profile and saw he had left six trollish comments on six different articles in a single day, and alright some of them were funny, but the question is why?

That's a funny comment on the marines, but it's not original. Been around for many years. I've seen it on T-shirts.
Cla68
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Fri 1st May 2009, 6:08am) *

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Thu 30th April 2009, 9:57pm) *

Comment to Torment

That's a funny comment on the marines, but it's not original. Been around for many years. I've seen it on T-shirts.

That line was used in the movie Stripes around 1980, but I don't if that's where it came from. Matthew Modine's character also uses it in Full Metal Jacket.
Herschelkrustofsky
It was on posters in head shops no later than '68. blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.