Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The biggest drama queen on wikipedia?
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Vintagekits
let have your nominations folks!
Peter Damian
QUOTE(Vintagekits @ Tue 12th May 2009, 2:25pm) *

Shouldn't this be part of the annual WR awards (just expired)?
Apathetic
Ottava Rima loves the drahmaz
Moulton
I just gotta nominate User:Filll of IDCab fame (loyal acolyte of FeloniousMonk) and one time co-host of the alternative Skypecast, Not the Wikipedia Weekly.

Filll is now co-host of an extreme right-wing "talk radio" Skypecast called Skype Assholes, where he is renowned for his screaming racist rants.

He also has his own fan club.
A Horse With No Name
QUOTE(Vintagekits @ Tue 12th May 2009, 9:25am) *

Biggest in terms of girth or attitude? tongue.gif
LessHorrid vanU

Let me think, on whom would one bestow the Title?
RMHED
QUOTE(LessHorrid vanU @ Tue 12th May 2009, 9:07pm) *

Let me think, on whom would one bestow the Title?

Giano perhaps?

He is after all just a poor humble content contributor, who keeps getting drawn into endless dramas through no fault of his own. Those evil cabal/IRC administrators keep dragging the poor fellow into endless controversies. All he wants to do is edit away quietly, it's not like he seeks out conflict or argument for their own sake, oh deary me no.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Apathetic @ Tue 12th May 2009, 7:06am) *

Ottava Rima loves the drahmaz

A strong showing in Everyking RfA 5 for sure. But he's still young.
The Joy
I tend to watch the Featured Article dramas that abound. Last year, it was with LuciferMorgan (T-C-L-K-R-D) and now it is with Mattisse (T-C-L-K-R-D) . I haven't looked deeply at the issues both editors were addressing, but they have greatly angered a majority of FA regulars and now an arbitration case has formed against Mattisse.

Feature Article Candidate review and Feature Article Review sure are stressful and violent places on WP, huh? Few newcomers seem to last long there.
Alex
QUOTE(The Joy @ Wed 13th May 2009, 12:30am) *

Feature Article Candidate review and Feature Article Review sure are stressful and violent places on WP, huh? Few newcomers seem to last long there.

Sometimes it is nice to have a break from article work smile.gif

I've never thought much of FAC. The process is as bad as the RFA one, if not worse.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Alex @ Tue 12th May 2009, 5:33pm) *

Jeez, get a life.
The Joy
QUOTE(Alex @ Tue 12th May 2009, 7:33pm) *

I've never thought much of FAC. The process is as bad as the RFA one, if not worse.

Good Article Review (GAR) can be just as bad.

Partially related to the FA Wars are the MoS Wars. Locke Cole (T-C-L-K-R-D) would the current drama queen in the MoS Wars. The Manual of Style Wars are worse than the POV wars. Comma placement, date delinking, parentheses.... I've seen some of the most vile, uncivil, personal attacks over those kind of subjects. It boggles my mind.
trenton
ummm..... no contest.... Durova. Where there's drama there's Durova. When you can make a situation worse by involving yourself... there's Durova. When you make a situation that has nothing to do with you all about yourself, there's Durova. When you manage to sing your own praises at every opportunity... there's Durova.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(trenton @ Tue 12th May 2009, 4:57pm) *

ummm..... no contest.... Durova. Where there's drama there's Durova. When you can make a situation worse by involving yourself... there's Durova. When you make a situation that has nothing to do with you all about yourself, there's Durova. When you manage to sing your own praises at every opportunity... there's Durova.

Perhaps Somey still has that diagram comparing the size of Durova's head to objects like Arcturus, Antares, Betelgeuse, etc., for scale. Astronomically funny.
EricBarbour
Okay......

We have Filll, Giano and EK as potential nominees. I personally would like to
offer a joint trophy to all 3 of them. evilgrin.gif

Not sure about Durova, simply because she's been behaving herself lately....
Alex
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Wed 13th May 2009, 12:42am) *

Jeez, get a life.

LOL says Mr. I'm-obsessed-with-Wikipedia-with-4000k-posts-on-a-shitty-web-forum-dedicated-to-it. Get a life yourself, preferably outside of your mother's basement.

I'm simply trying to make the point to those who care that article work is sometimes as stressful and troublesome as hanging around AFD/ANI or wherever.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Alex @ Wed 13th May 2009, 4:58am) *

QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Wed 13th May 2009, 12:42am) *

Jeez, get a life.

LOL says Mr. I'm-obsessed-with-Wikipedia-with-4000k-posts-on-a-shitty-web-forum-dedicated-to-it. Get a life yourself, preferably outside of your mother's basement.

I'm simply trying to make the point to those who care that article work is sometimes as stressful and troublesome as hanging around AFD/ANI or wherever.

I wouldn't say "dedicated to it." Do you ever think you might be missing some major developmental milestones around there? You should at least realize that this ain't some WP IRC channel and making "I'm a slave for Wikipeda" posts is sort of seen as...well... just uncool.

But all the posters around here thank you for your respect and participation.
Cock-up-over-conspiracy
Are you limiting this list to "the biggest drama queens" or can we include "hysterically dishonest drama queens" too? (Albeit the 6 month block from editing on Japanese related topic seems to have cooled them down ...).
Caspian "don't mention the Takeshima Islands" blue ...
FYI; If your computer is Japanese, or at least produced by slaves in possession of the secret Showan Imperial forces, anything produced from it is NPOV.
Somey
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Tue 12th May 2009, 7:30pm) *
Perhaps Somey still has that diagram comparing the size of Durova's head to objects like Arcturus, Antares, Betelgeuse, etc., for scale. Astronomically funny.

Thanks! But like Eric says, I thought the general opinion on Ms. Durova had improved somewhat? Maybe Mr. Trenton is holding a grudge of some sort over some incident in the not-so-recent past.

LaraLove

<snip>

4,000,000 posts huh? Damn, GBG... maybe he's right. hmmm.gif
Alex
QUOTE(LaraLove @ Thu 14th May 2009, 2:13pm) *

<snip>

4,000,000 posts huh? Damn, GBG... maybe he's right. hmmm.gif

Whoops, my bad!
trenton
QUOTE(Somey @ Wed 13th May 2009, 11:47pm) *

Thanks! But like Eric says, I thought the general opinion on Ms. Durova had improved somewhat? Maybe Mr. Trenton is holding a grudge of some sort over some incident in the not-so-recent past.

none, no grudge. Her drama whoring isn't necessarily malicious, just kinda self-serving and annoying.
One
QUOTE(The Joy @ Tue 12th May 2009, 11:48pm) *

Good Article Review (GAR) can be just as bad.

Seems to be a lot of Wiki-political weirdness on GAR. I've always stayed away from it.

When one understands how good articles are identified, I think it makes the designation seem nearly pointless. A vicious fight over the designation--which has nearly no significance to anyone but the principle authors--seems doubly silly. That is, unless one party is trying to score points against the author, which seems to occur frequently.
emesee
Jimbo Wales?

Has that been said?

I AM JUST KIDDING ANYWAY!!! wub.gif

laugh.gif
everyking
QUOTE(Alex @ Wed 13th May 2009, 12:33am) *

As someone with plenty of experience with both, I'll say that I would gladly suffer through 10 failed RfAs than ever submit another article to FAC. I'm done with that forever.

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Wed 13th May 2009, 2:39am) *

Okay......

We have Filll, Giano and EK as potential nominees. I personally would like to
offer a joint trophy to all 3 of them. evilgrin.gif

Not sure about Durova, simply because she's been behaving herself lately....

What did I do? Get nominated for RfA?
Obesity
QUOTE(emesee @ Mon 18th May 2009, 1:36am) *

Jimbo Wales?

Has that been said?

I AM JUST KIDDING ANYWAY!!! wub.gif

laugh.gif

I hate you.
CharlotteWebb
QUOTE(One @ Mon 18th May 2009, 3:18am) *

Seems to be a lot of Wiki-political weirdness on GAR. I've always stayed away from it.

When one understands how good articles are identified, I think it makes the designation seem nearly pointless. A vicious fight over the designation--which has nearly no significance to anyone but the principle authors--seems doubly silly. That is, unless one party is trying to score points against the author, which seems to occur frequently.

Well there was the incident (un)commonly known as When Diggy Met Giggy.
A Horse With No Name
I am not certain if anyone truly deserves to be called a "queen" -- princess, perhaps, or countess. But for pure full-throttle drama, no one genuinely deserves the full regal title of "queen." The Wikidiots aren't that clever to deserve a crown -- a tiara is good enough.

That said...in view of his inane RfA to confirm that he's doing a great job, LessHeard vanU gets my vote...oops, my !vote.
Mike H
I once called David Levy a front-runner for the Miss Wikipedia Drama Queen pageant, and that he deserved a sash and tiara. From what I've read of his contribs lately, he still hasn't lost that special touch.
Alex
QUOTE(Mike H @ Fri 22nd May 2009, 9:13am) *

I once called David Levy a front-runner for the Miss Wikipedia Drama Queen pageant, and that he deserved a sash and tiara. From what I've read of his contribs lately, he still hasn't lost that special touch.

Couldn't disagree.
Number Six
Jeeze, can I only pick one?

In all seriousness, the one I'd choose is undoubtedly scanning this thread for their name, so I think I'll deny them the pleasure.
sbrown
Id say that maybe 10% of editors or less are drama queens trouble is that there the ones who run things and make the rules. The poor suckers who actualy write the articles may not even ever see the drama until someone comes up behind them and knocks them out or stabs them in the back.
David Levy
QUOTE(Mike H @ Fri 22nd May 2009, 3:13am) *
Thanks for caring! evilgrin.gif
zvook
Psh. While I accept there is competition, I must offer that Durova has not improved, even down to her still being queen of the not-so-arbitrary section break in those oh-so-important discussions that she simply must contribute to.

Her evidence in the Matisse arbcom, besides ignoring the length constraints because, like, it's not for people like Durova, puts her centre-stage, natch (and is rotten to the core). (link) (link) And it was attended by a funny incident in which she posted to Matisse's page seeking a response to it to use against her. Which Mattisse ignored, causing Durova to jump up and down on Matisse's page, giving diffs of each edit to articles Matisse made while Durova went unanswered. It's well worth reading for the laugh. (link) The incident was duly posted to an arbcom page by Durova as against Matisse. [A scientology fellow, rather impressive through the whole affair, points to a diff showing that "her" evidence (or a section of it) in that arbcom was undoubtedly a copypaste of something Cirt supplied her off-wiki.] (link)

Her intervention in the FT flap was to point out that unlike her, complainants had not taken part in a recent wiki essay about plagiarism, and to impugn and dismiss those complaints on that basis, while suggesting FT, who she was talking to privately, hang onto adminship.

These are just a few recent examples, and exclude two or three more I've come across, noted, and forgotten just from clicking links from WR and clicking around a bit. Goodness knows what dramatics there may be in the full extent of her on-and-off-wiki business.
sbrown
Durova has an unfair advantage in this contest. Shes at it fulltime while most of the other runners are amatters. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.