Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wales now "co-founder"?
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion > The Jimbo Phenomenon
thekohser
I've been noticing something in my Google news/blog alert service.

One year ago, about 85% of the stories about Wales would identify his relationship with WP as "founder" or "creator".

As of this month, however, I'm sensing about 55% are using the correct "co-founder" label.

Has my relentless work to correct the media finally paid off?
sbrown
QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 7th July 2009, 1:29pm) *

Has my relentless work to correct the media finally paid off?

Of course not. Jimbos starting to realise what crap hes "founded" and is trying to shift the blame. Before you know where you are Kelly Martin will have an article on wikipeida saying shes the sole founder and its all her fault. tongue.gif
SB_Johnny
Considering that his talk page lately is in large part people trying to vote him off the island, it's only natural that he would want to moderate his stance on things like that.
Supine
Maybe the recentish open letter / discussion from Larry Sanger played a contributory part, perhaps capturing wider media attention than past discussions?

On another note... I'm new to the site. Hi to all. smile.gif
LaraLove
Welcome to WR, Supine.

Another contributing factor may be the effort headed by QuackGuru to change all instances of "founder" to "co-founder" in references to Jimmy project-wide. I think it's important that all Wikipedia history pages indicate the accurate title. Squeakbox went about reverting for a while, then I went by and changed them all back again. It was good times and, last time I checked, everything still says "co-founder".

I think the only exception is Jimmy's user page.
emesee
smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.