Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BBC Radio Comedy series "Bigipedia"
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Kato
A new four-part radio series in which Nick Doody and Matt Kirshen present listeners with a mixed-up world based around the internet

http://www.comedy.org.uk/guide/radio/bigipedia/

QUOTE(BBC)
For half an hour, BBC Radio 4 takes part in a unique experiment in "broadwebcasting" as it hands over control of its output to Bigipedia - the all-round 360-degree information knowledge article-based conglomerate portal.

Inspired by Wikipedia, Bigipedia is Radio 4's The Sunday Format for the online age. It features multiple-overlapping voices to create information "pages", service announcements, discussion forums and endless upgrades...

Creators Nick Doody and Matt Kirshen describe it as "a malevolent mix between Google, Microsoft and Wikipedia taking over Radio 4 for half an hour."
thekohser
Give us a reminder when it runs, Kato. I hope that we in the States will be able to tune in via web.
Casliber
Yeah. I was frustrated as much ofteh TV content on the BBC website is for IPs in the UK only, not so sure about radio (fingers crossed anyway...)
Cas
Kato
I think you'll be out of luck Cas. The BBCi player, which hosts TV and radio is UK only.

You don't pay for the BBC anyway, so tough luck. Information doesn't want to be free. It wants to be subsidized to assure the highest possible quality for stakeholders. happy.gif

(although the BBC did lose the cricket some time ago and now the current Ashes are on Murdoch's private SkyTV at a price yak.gif damn Aussies dry.gif )
Somey
QUOTE(Kato @ Thu 9th July 2009, 11:32pm) *
You don't pay for the BBC anyway, so tough luck. Information doesn't want to be free. It wants to be subsidized to assure the highest possible quality for stakeholders. happy.gif

Somebody will probably torrent it...
JohnA
QUOTE(Kato @ Fri 10th July 2009, 2:32pm) *

I think you'll be out of luck Cas. The BBCi player, which hosts TV and radio is UK only.

(although the BBC did lose the cricket some time ago and now the current Ashes are on Murdoch's private SkyTV at a price yak.gif damn Aussies dry.gif )

If you check, you will find that Rupert Murdoch is an American citizen and gave up being an Aussie quite some time ago... wink.gif
sbrown
QUOTE(Casliber @ Fri 10th July 2009, 5:08am) *

Yeah. I was frustrated as much ofteh TV content on the BBC website is for IPs in the UK only, not so sure about radio (fingers crossed anyway...)
Cas

Isnt there an open proxy that seems to be in the UK?
A Horse With No Name
Hell, we should do our own show. Who needs make believe when we can offer the real thing?
privatemusings
for folks wishing to listen online, virtually all bbc radio shows currently broadcast are available to one and all via the 'listen again' service (separate to the iPlayer) - I'm still addicted to radio4, and I'm a long way from london :-) - good news!

Hope it's funny, and not shit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.