Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your favorite hoax articles?
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
A Horse With No Name
So...do you have a particular favorite hoax article that you secretly wish would have remained on Wikipedia? Feel free to share, either memories or texts.

For me, it was "Horse Drama" by Gorilla Hand, deleted by J.delanoy (curse you, J.d - LOL). For those who missed it, here it is:

A '''horse drama''' is a [[television]] [[drama]] in which events center upon a [[horse]], a group of horses, or any horse infested environment. While not as popular as [[:category:legal television series|legal]]/[[List of police television dramas|crime drama]],{{Fact|date=May 2008}} it is still the most easily identifiable animal based drama.

In the [[United States]], most horse dramas are one hour long and, more often than not, are set above mountains and show at least one horse on screen. Most current horse dramas go beyond the events pertaining to the characters' as mere barnyard animals and portray some aspects of their personal lives. For example, a typical horse drama might have a storyline in which three horses fall into a steaming vat of acid or maybe argue about how a bugle should sound.

== History ==

Horse drama's sometimes shortened simply to "Ho-dram's", first arose [[World War I]] at about the same time that the first modern [[farms]] were formed. As people became more and more interested in the horse and it's amazing day to day life, studios saw the possibility for dramas based on horses.

Some of the first Horse Drama's included [[Stallion Sally]] and [[Pasture Lives]], among others. As the viewership climbed into the millions, the plots became increasingly interesting and stunning.

== Critical Acclaim ==

Year after year, many critics claim the Horse Drama to be the greatest type of [[drama]]. In fact, twelve years in a row, a Horse Drama has taken home every single [[Golden Globe]]

==References==
Screw all references.
One
We really need to work on [[Law of the horse]], if for no other reason than to annoy Judge Easterbrook. Then one day it might be taught at prestigious law schools.

Judging by the success of Gropecunt Lane, I could probably get it to FA using only odd cites to "cyberspace law" papers using the term (and there are many), and perhaps a section of original research on what the law of the horse might actually include. Are you with me, horsey?
A Horse With No Name
QUOTE(One @ Thu 3rd September 2009, 2:33pm) *

We really need to work on [[Law of the horse]], if for no other reason than to annoy Judge Easterbrook. Then one day it might be taught at prestigious law schools.

Judging by the success of Gropecunt Lane, I could probably get it to FA using only odd cites to "cyberspace law" papers using the term (and there are many), and perhaps a section of original research on what the law of the horse might actually include. Are you with me, horsey?

It is not every day that I get requested to provide assistance on serious writing. In fact, I can't think of a single day when I ever got such a request.

Considering that my writing concentrates on Russ Meyer-worthy bosoms and overweight admins, I might be an unlikely choice for such an assignment. But if you are serious, One, hit me up via PM for collaborative strategy.

After all, it would be a drastic switch in persona if I went from the rambunctious colt to the scholarly equine. wink.gif
EricBarbour
QUOTE(One @ Thu 3rd September 2009, 11:33am) *
Judging by the success of Gropecunt Lane

Sir, can you explain, please, why you keep bringing up the groped cunts? smile.gif
thekohser
Without question, I laughed the hardest at Wikipedia when the "Wet floor sign" article was at its apex, before the dour humor censors came along and scrubbed it.

It was near perfect in execution.
LaraLove
QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 3rd September 2009, 5:44pm) *

Without question, I laughed the hardest at Wikipedia when the "Wet floor sign" article was at its apex, before the dour humor censors came along and scrubbed it.

Agreed.

See it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=210943969
Apathetic
QUOTE(LaraLove @ Thu 3rd September 2009, 6:26pm) *

QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 3rd September 2009, 5:44pm) *

Agreed.

See it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=210943969

Yes, I was going to bring this one up, but then I saw that the images had been deleted =(

Less funny now.
Malleus
My favourite hoax article is ferret legging, one that the doubters tried three times to have deleted, but failed. Basically because it wasn't a hoax. Second to that would be the Bavarian Pigeon Corps, another "obvious hoax" that wasn't.
Grep
Catch Letchworth Corset Riot and Garden City (album) before they disappear.
Robert Roberts
QUOTE(Grep @ Tue 8th September 2009, 8:17pm) *

Catch Letchworth Corset Riot and Garden City (album) before they disappear.

Is that guy working alone? those articles are fantastic.

Edit: wow, this guy went the extra mile:

http://www.last.fm/music/Ebenezer+Howard

A lot of wikipedians would look at that and go "on last FM? must be real".

His reason for unblocking was nice too "Because I'm Super Cool?"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.