Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help, I have more than one account
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Shalom
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...han_one_account

In the past I had more than one account because I thought it wasn't against the Wikipedia rules. I had two other accounts: one has about 5 edits and the other one has about 20. They were last used in 2008. I am afraid someone will find out and get me banned or blocked. Now I wrote on those other accounts that they were mine (with a link to my main account) and wouldn't be used again. Will this be enough? What must I do? If an admin finds out he/she will ban me for sure. They weren't used for vandalism, nor have I had warnings or bannings.
Justanaccount4 (talk) 13:01, 21 September 2009 (UTC)

What a moron!!! LOL biggrin.gif
Guido den Broeder
Surely the average number of accounts per Wikipedia user is well over 3.
Cock-up-over-conspiracy
QUOTE(Shalom @ Tue 22nd September 2009, 7:00pm) *
What a moron!!! LOL biggrin.gif

Yeah ... I did that once as well. I was such a moron. That editor is marked as red meat in shark infested waters.

Linked to an old account I could not access any more, tried jumping through all the hoops to change name officially. Of course, I got refused the official name change, punished by some busy body admin for linking user space pages ... and then the whole dragged up by some sparring partners (or two) later and accused of sockpuppetry when, of course, the punishing admin could not be bothered to look and see what actually went on.

Assumption of guilt ... sin is first place ... dishonest manipulation of fact is second. There is no place for simple honesty.
Sarcasticidealist
QUOTE(Guido den Broeder @ Tue 22nd September 2009, 4:19pm) *
The mean is probably much higher. But I suspect that the median number is one.
Shalom
QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Wed 23rd September 2009, 8:03am) *

QUOTE(Guido den Broeder @ Tue 22nd September 2009, 4:19pm) *
The mean is probably much higher. But I suspect that the median number is one.

Probably right, but some users have zero accounts.
Appleby
QUOTE(Shalom @ Wed 23rd September 2009, 6:03pm) *

Probably right, but some users have zero accounts.

If users include people who read but do not edit, or only edit as IPs, I suspect that the great majority do not have accounts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.