Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Find the quote
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
Abd
Beyond drinking, tea bricks were sometimes eaten and used as a form of currency up until World War II.

It is difficult to drink tea bricks. However, if they are eaten, one then shits bricks, enabling trade with connosieurs for other items or services of value, such as dump trucks, poop decks, runs, and toilet jokes used by sit-down comedians, which you easily become if you eat too many tea bricks, plus your spouse then also shits them upon discovering how much you paid for your snack, thus doubling the value of your investment at no additional cost. The resulting bubble eventually burst, leading to the Mother of All Wars, as investors struggled to quickly liquidate or otherwise eliminate their investments before they became completely worthless.

Definitely beyond drinking. This makes such obvious sense that no source is required.

Join the game and find other fun facts on Wikipedia, the Encyclopedia that Anyone can Edit, except for this one, that one, three of those, and a half dozen of the others. No actual Writing allowed, and actual professional editors will be Shown the Door, with other experts.
thekohser
QUOTE(Abd @ Mon 12th October 2009, 10:05am) *

Join the game and find other fun facts on Wikipedia, the Encyclopedia that Anyone can Edit...

One of the all-time best had to be the article about the "History of West Eurasia", which was modified to "History of Western Eurasia". It contained this gem:

The defeat was so crushing that the Magyars decided that 'if you can't beat them join them' and in 1000 their King was accepting his royal regalia from the Pope. Otto on the strength of that victory was able to secure the tittle of Emperor. This German based Holy Roman Empire was to be the major power in Christian Europe for some time to come. As well as this "rebirth" of Western Roman Empire, the Eastern Roman Empire continued to be the up.

This was so awful, and I was so blocked from editing, that I had to impersonate an existing editor in good standing to get the mess deleted from Wikipedia. That was later held against me in various blocking/banning/unblocking/unbanning discussions.
Peter Damian
QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 12th October 2009, 4:27pm) *

QUOTE(Abd @ Mon 12th October 2009, 10:05am) *

Join the game and find other fun facts on Wikipedia, the Encyclopedia that Anyone can Edit...

One of the all-time best had to be the article about the "History of West Eurasia", which was modified to "History of Western Eurasia". It contained this gem:

The defeat was so crushing that the Magyars decided that 'if you can't beat them join them' and in 1000 their King was accepting his royal regalia from the Pope. Otto on the strength of that victory was able to secure the tittle of Emperor. This German based Holy Roman Empire was to be the major power in Christian Europe for some time to come. As well as this "rebirth" of Western Roman Empire, the Eastern Roman Empire continued to be the up.

This was so awful, and I was so blocked from editing, that I had to impersonate an existing editor in good standing to get the mess deleted from Wikipedia. That was later held against me in various blocking/banning/unblocking/unbanning discussions.

I can't believe you missed an opportunity to advertise MWB. The original article was rescued by me and placed here

http://wikipediareview.com/Worst_of_Wikipedia/Hi...western_Eurasia

It contains so much that is good but my favourite was this:

In 453 Attila died in bed with his new wife. The hunish empire collapsed. Aetius who had long ruled in the name of the boy Emperor Valentinian III met his end when Valentinian now an adult, decided the only way he could become a true emperor was to kill Aetius. The result was the traditional Roman power struggle in which Valentinian lost his life and Germanic power grew beyond the point of no return. In 476 the German Odovacar staged a coup in which the current emperor, Romulus Augustulus was deposed. This is the traditional date for the fall of the Western Roman Empire.
Guido den Broeder
Up and above 15 centuries longer, this was become made a movie in it a Last Legion for king arthur and someone became his mother. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.